Get Fit and Step it Out for 2008! RECORD YOUR DAILY STEPS HERE

I've got one!!!! Slipped into Boots on the way back from sons orthodontist appt. However, according to 'it' I have done 100 steps from my kitchen to my living room, a little pottering around, and back again. No way could I have done that! My house isn't big eneough! I have set it up ok, I think. If it doesn't play ball tomorrow I will whizz it back and search for another one!
So, big birdy will be joining the steppers from tomorrow!:eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes: not so sure now I have commited myself. How on earth do people here manage so many? Amazing.

It will be great to have you on board Big Birdy! :D

I do so many steps because I force myself to, when I would rather be sat in the warm at lunchtime reading my Heat magazine!! :eek: Instead I put my coat on and take the long walk down to the sea, up and down the seafront, around the harbour and back up through the town. Before my pedometer, I doubt I would even have done 2,000 to 3,000 steps a day. I was literally dropped outside the door to work, picked up outside and my evenings at home were lazy. I am making a real effort to walk because it is exciting watching my steps count up on my pedometer! :) I even walked home from work tonight ALL uphill. My legs hate me tonight. ;)

my pedometer is an oregon (complete with panic alarm! Yeah like anyone will attack me!). It seems ok, but quite easy to reset which will pee me off no end if I lose count! I will do a liitle research/review some others, and if they are better I will take it back, cos I am like that. I have got one that crows like a cockerall every 1000 steps! Gawd knows where that is. I'm a district nurse, so not mant steps taken during my day. From car, up a path, out to car up another path etc! The most I can do at work is in the office cos we are placed on the top floor! Then I walk the dog for an hour,. then the kids are home from school and my day drifts towards bed at 10pm. I know I should take positive measures to do something else, but when I SS I just can't cos I go all shakey, weak and almost pass out. It has to be gentle. What a wuss! The trampet and the dog will have to do until I can face swimming, which I am quite good at once my lungs behave!:chores016::psiholog: ....this is me now. I need:whip: !

Good luck with your new pedometer. I hope you like it. My new one is an Omron and I am very happy. It seems incredibly accurate (I keep testing it just to make sure ....!!).

It isn't a race. Even a few extra steps a day add up. Some days I might only do about 3,000 or less, it depends on what I have on that day or it might be tipping down with rain and there is NO way I am going out in that! :eek:

Janey

Have just had a dicky fit with this one. I was sat down quietly having a drink and the 'thing' had gained 10 steps!!! So tomorrow I shall waltz it back to Boots, bang it down on the counter uttering
'Heap of crap!'
I had it set for a 22'' step which I had measured, it being my working step, so that shouldn't have affected it. Off to get an Omron one on Friday.

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Oh no, I have heard this can happen!! :(

I keep checking my Omron even if I am sat at my desk for two hours, and the number doesn't move. Or I'll walk 20 paces and check, and lo and behold it will say 20 steps. This is my first ever pedometer and I am very impressed!

Make sure you get your money back!!!!

Janey

Have just had a dicky fit with this one. I was sat down quietly having a drink and the 'thing' had gained 10 steps!!! So tomorrow I shall waltz it back to Boots, bang it down on the counter uttering
'Heap of crap!'
I had it set for a 22'' step which I had measured, it being my working step, so that shouldn't have affected it. Off to get an Omron one on Friday.

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:
Delighted you got a pedometer!!!

I have an Omron as well and I like it.

Love Mini xxx

Wednesday 23rd january!!! Get Stepping and Exercising!
1st.gif
Get Fit Squad Steppers for 2008!
1st.gif

On the road to fitness makes us all winners!

All welcome at anytime! just jump on board with your name and steps:gen126:

Janey 16,225:superwoman:

yo-yo-dieter 7,455:queen:

Miniminor 6983

Mini 2572

USAgirl wednesday- 1 mile walk

:help2:please post your steps for Wednesday!:missing:
BIG BIRDY

Wibbly Pig

Daisyhappy!

USAgirl

Daisydee

eriiney

animal-smiley-040.gif
Post your name and steps and I will add you in:)

Last edited:
Not such a cracking day for me yesterday. 7,455 in total, including 2,934 aerobic steps (27 minute - 0.88 miles). I also did a Body Pump class too. I don't ache as much today either, and was under my allotted calories for the day. (yay)

Delighted you got a pedometer!!!

I have an Omron as well and I like it.

Love Mini xxx

The 'heap of crap' was an oregon, I'm getting what I have read others have on this site! Should arrive soon! I will never catch up with you 10,000 or 16,000+ steps! EVER! And you work as well, thats just unbelievable!:whip: Thats what I need. Or a large firework.

This mine, and I think it might be Jayney's Amazon.co.uk: Omron Walking Style II Pro Pedometer: Sports & Leisure

As she said, it is quite reliable - they are never 100% though, but the best thing about it is that you have to do 5 steps before it actually counts them as 5 steps so it's not recording every little movement. You also don;t have to clip it to you, you can wear it on a lanyard (I wear mine clipped to my knickers though LOL) but it might not suit everyone.

And Jayney I do wear mine whilst I am at the gym, I think as long as you are not counting and eating your exercise calories, it doesn't really matter.

Step it out for today Thursday 24th!

Get Fit Squad Steppers for 2008!
1st.gif

On the road to fitness makes us all winners!

All welcome at anytime! just jump on board with your name and steps:gen126:

Janey

Miniminor

Mini

Wibbly Pig

yo-yo-dieter

eriiney

BIG BIRDY

Daisyhappy!

USAgirl

Daisydee

animal-smiley-040.gif
Post your name and steps and I will add you in:)

Wow - my best day yet! Total steps 15,201 (aerobic steps 8,578 - 75 minutes)!

Admittedly most of my steps came from the 50-minute workout I did in the gym. I've downloaded a treadmill program from i-train which is 20 minutes long, so I did that and really enjoyed it. I then did 10 minutes on the cross trainer, 5 minutes on the recumbent bike, and a further 15 minutes on the treadmill.

I went for a walk up to TJ Hughes in my lunchbreak (0.88m in total)

My total steps for today are 21,132 and I am over the moon at my commitment today.

I walked to work for the first time ever (!!!) and I was so excited and euphoric when I got to work and felt a real sense of achievement, and then when I checked my pedometer I had done over 4,000 steps before 9am and that made me feel GOOD! :) At lunchtime I had a lovely long walk by the sea in the beautiful sunshine, and tonight I walked home ALL uphill. The rest of my steps have been from general movement at work and at home tonight.

Back