Get to slinky again and staying there ......

I weigh daily too and found my weight jumped around the most on a keto diet than any other - thoink i read somewhere that it was down to how much water you drank?

That's interesting. I don't track my water - it could be that. I feel my body changing so know all is good.

Must dig out a tape measure this weekend!

I'm rubbish at drinking enough water. I think a resource thread would be a great idea :)

Ali you have had a great start. I read Jason Fungs book summer 2019 and it was an eye opener for me. I haven't implemented everything or all the time but have made some big changes. Most days I eat 2 meals. I've really lowered carbs, I am conscious of drinking liquids. My main goal was to prevent type 2 diabetes which almost all my family have.

A hickup re apple crumble yesterday. I stay on track by not having carbs ready to hand. So cooking some of the last of the apples as a crumble for MrAG was not a good move. I'll use one to make him a celery coleslaw thingy and put the remaining ones out for the thrushes and blackbirds.

Off to clean our Airbnb (formerly known as the sitting room and downstairs bath!) as someone has 2 days work so is staying tonight and tomorrow. When I closed my business, we put a door in the hall and created a self contained Guest suite (microwave and kettle, no kitchen kitchen sink) using the front door.

We now sit in the kitchen and use the back door. 6 1/2 months without income. It's been tough.

We are fully booked from the 12th for 10 weeks and summer is filling up fast. So at least there is some money then.

Weekly weigh in. 3.8lbs down. It's been a strange week - up & down on daily weighing. I like it because it keeps me focused each day. I only updated the ticker when I was down - not the day I was up a pound for no reason and then ticked down again. I can feel my jeans are looser. Now under 50 BMI with 3.3% starting weight shed.

Very windy here - bright & sunny when the clouds allow. Admin, cleaning and some gardening if the wind drops.

Ladyfelsham I am sure it will soon come and you be celebrating a non scale victory of your BMI dropping below 50 as you are doing well on your weight loss journey.

I have a daily food thread for the discipline of noting what I eat. I don't track carbs or calories as I am shedding weight by choosing low carb food.

If I track macros, I'm inclined to game the numbers - so could end up eating more carbs. https://www.minimins.com/threads/low-carb-eating-keto-and-fasting.368010/

I'm managing well because I don't have access to things that compel me (apart from that crumble I made). I hand Mr AG his crisps and choc when I come back from the shop (at Lidl or the farm shop) to hide in his things. That's enough disruption for me - I'd never rootle through his study, so it's like it isn't in the house. I have asked him not to offer it to me.

Shopping is a pleasure. We had deliveries most of the past year - usually every 2 to 4 weeks - from Asda or Tesco - as Mr AG is shielding. Asda frequently made mediocre substitutions. I'd go to the farm shop once a month to pick up his drugs as the GPs' pharmacy drops off prescriptions there and buy fresh veg & bread. I made a lot of delicious no knead bread - and a weekly cake with icing ......

Now we've had our 1st vacc, I'm going out to Lidl and really enjoy being able to choose my own groceries and the much lower prices. It's been very stressful as we've used up our savings and are one of the 3 million without government support.

The Airbnb is booked up sold for the next few months - with some midweek availability in July & August. So that's a relief that we'll have funds coming in again. I clean, do the laundry and make the beds - so t's good exercise. I get sweaty! If anyone is thinking about doing Airbnb, DM me as I've learnt a lot in the past 3 years abt running Airbnb's in a big city and by the beach.

I really enjoyed the creamy coffee with erythritol I had yesterday. I don't do that very often as I remember what Amanda the Eat like a Bear lady says. You have to burn the fat you eat before you can start burning the fat you wear. I'd left some cream out overnight so used that in my coffee yesterday - as I was also feeling hunger. Maybe I will have some creamy coffee more often, sometimes with a dash of vanilla essence - but only when I'm feeling hungry. Usually I have a black coffee in the am whether I am hungry or not. A fatty coffee doesn't spike insulin - but it does break the fast as my body starts to digest again.

I'm fasting - deliberately making sure I have 14-18 hours overnight from my last meal until I break fast. I'm getting reacquainted with the feeling of hunger. I'm not pushing it - so not forcing long delays. It's coming naturally. When I'm more fat adapted, may get more deliberate and go for a 2 or 4 hour eating window. Eat like a Bear recommends getting to one meal a day - with a ridiculously big salad (with protein and good fats). found using an app helped me shorten my eating wIndow - but at the mo, I feel I don't need to stress about it.

The weight is ticking down. 3/4 stone shed in 16 days. I didn't find my tape measure - but I now I'm shedding inches too as my waistband is looser. I think my face looks slimmer too - already.

I remember from last time when I did a vlcd, that it took 3 to 4 stone off before people noticed. Or maybe before they said anything. I think normal weight people are worried abt talking to fat people abt fat loss - and only do so if they are certain that you have lost weight.

I'm doing well - the only thing that I really miss is buying a loaf of white crusty sourdough and slathering a slice with butter! So Mr AG only gets to have sliced brown supermarket bread - as that doesn't compel me. II will make Mr AG a cake - and have decided will make me a keto one at the same time so I don't get into eating carby cake again.

I'm hoping to get some money in so I can buy some grafted tomato plants. We had some last year and they had a much better yield than ordinary tomato plants. I know some low carb eaters avoid tomatoes - but I find them delicious and think eating the rainbow is good for us. If like my food, I'll stick to eating well. I often make a tomato vinagrette - and use the liquid to make a salad taste more tomatoey with less of the tomato flesh!

Today, I'll probably start some seeds. I don't have a greenhouse so wait until we are closer to last frost date (late April) before starting my seeds. I'm not a big veg grower - l like to have lots of flowers and herbs!

Thankyou Aligal that was interesting reading. I don't follow low carb eating plan. But I found it informative to a newbie to low carb eating.

I am glad you have had your first vaccine. A step closer to getting back to normality. On Monday taking Mum to have her second vaccine. The pandemic has caused many people financial hardship or use our savings. So we have to become budget masters. Shops like lidl's and aldi help to get cheaper fruit/veg etc. I get more for my money as on slimming world I eat a good deal of fruit and veg.

When I lost weight last time it took people to notice over 50lb down. But this time round nobody has seen me except mum and hubby due to lockdown. So will surprise family when they see me and my hubby, as hubby as lost roughly the same as me.

I agree Ali about feeling hungry, feeling a little bit hungry is actually a more comfortable feeling that feeling overstuffed and bloated from a big meal. I'm now naturally fasting 18 hours. I have lunch at 1pm and dinner at 6pm (depending on work schedule, weekends both meals tend to be a bit earlier so same fasting hours) and it suits me. I don't think I would want to go to one meal a day. Though often at weekends I have a large meal around midday and a small snack at about 4pm.

Welcome back hun! I’ll catch up on your diary when I’m feeling a bit better x

Really good read Ali - and so pleased your Airbnb has got such solid bookings for ages now, that's brilliant.

Very envious to hear you hope to soon have your own freshly grown tomatoes! I'm one of about 10 people on the planet who can't grow anything, tried really hard when I lived in Italy, and ended up with three toms the size of my thumb nail from about six plants! :D.

My secret to tomatoes last year was buying grafted plants - much more successful. I'm hoping to have enough cash to order some this year - very soon! Will update later ...... goes off yo check bank account.

you're doing fab @AliGal I like that quote that you have to burn the fat you eat before you can burn the fat you wear - it sounds like it makes sense. I am considering shortening my eating window as well, but also not in a great rush.

The only thing I can usually grow are chilli's!

I have a 2nd year cayenne plant still going strong I grew from seed last year. I'm better than I used to be though I have an orchid plant my brother gave me beginning of the year still looking gorgeous, but I've previously managed to kill cacti.

Good news about the airbnb bookings. I'm impressed at your self control buying chocolate & crisps for Mr AG & not buying a bar for yourself!

It always amazes me how much weight I have to lose before anyone notices & then it's usually to say that the bottom of my legs & face look slimmer ha ha. Good thing the loosening clothes tell a more balanced story.

I'm torn on whether to have some tomatoes. I do enjoy them but they are not approved on the plan. I agree though that a touch of colour does improve the enjoyment of any meal.

you're doing fab @AliGal I like that quote that you have to burn the fat you eat before you can burn the fat you wear - it sounds like it makes sense. I am considering shortening my eating window as well, but also not in a great rush.

The only thing I can usually grow are chilli's!

I have a 2nd year cayenne plant still going strong I grew from seed last year. I'm better than I used to be though I have an orchid plant my brother gave me beginning of the year still looking gorgeous, but I've previously managed to kill cacti.
Is this a Cayenne pepper as in the same as the spice or something different?. I add Cayenne pepper to most of my meals & would love to try to grow some fresh if it's not too hard.

Back