Get to slinky again and staying there ......

@tipperary has made me think about normality but not normal out shopping!

I haven't been clothes shopping yet. Last time I shed weight I was often near big supermarkets so I bought supermarket jeans. I found a style that fit me at an Asda superstore and then bought down the sizes. Now I live so rurally that it's a 45 minute drive to a bigger supermarket - and I rarely ever go! The Asda there doesn't have the full range of jeans - that's probably another 45 mins drive.

So I bought a pair of 24s on Simply Be and now need a pair of 22s.

I may be going to Glasgow next week and have left it too late to get some size 22s delivered before then.

So I am wondering if I can hold off and buy a pair of 20s instead. I do have a pair of 20s but they are small in the leg so won't fit until I am well down into the Simply Be size 20. I have a small waist and big upper thighs. I prefer high rise so I don't cut across my belly and a boot cut because of the lympoedema in my lower leg.

Maybe I'll go jeans shopping in a few superstores en route up to Glasgow. I'm driving as I have a 90 minute plus drive to a station that goes North, and the parking and ticket were much more expensive than the petrol. So I'll have another magical keto car drive - no sweeties or carby stuff, water and diet driinks, some hard boiled eggs, probably, maybe some chicken thighs on the way up, and burgers no buns on the way back! Last journey back, I wasn't hungry so no burgers to my disappointment!

I haven't been clothes shopping yet. Last time I shed weight I was often near big supermarkets so I bought supermarket jeans. I found a style that fit me at an Asda superstore and then bought down the sizes. Now I live so rurally that it's a 45 minute drive to a bigger supermarket - and I rarely ever go! The Asda there doesn't have the full range of jeans - that's probably another 45 mins drive.

I may be going to Glasgow next week and have left it too late to get some size 22s delivered before then.

So I am wondering if I can hold off and buy a pair of 20s instead. I do have a pair of 20s but they are small in the leg so won't fit until I am well down into the Simply Be size 20. I have a small waist and big upper thighs. I prefer high rise so I don't cut across my belly and a boot cut because of the lympoedema in my lower leg.

Maybe I'll go jeans shopping in a few superstores en route up to Glasgow. I'm driving as I have a 90 minute plus drive to a station that goes North, and the parking and ticket were much more expensive than the petrol. So I'll have another magical keto car drive - no sweeties or carby stuff, water and diet driinks, some hard boiled eggs, probably, maybe some chicken thighs on the way up, and burgers no buns on the way back! Last journey back, I wasn't hungry so no burgers to my disappointment!
Oh that’s a good plan will break up the journey and Asda jeans are great!!

Damn I stopped being able to wear jeans years ago but I bet they are still upstairs and i would have 4 pairs of 22. Not thin ones my legs always chunky up top, even when I was stick thin I had chunky thighs lol

Have you gone yet? If you go past Catterick on A1 maybe I can get someone to throw them out of the general area and they may land through your window? 🤣

Yes that's the problem with keto, you dont get hungry and sometimes fitting in all the protein you have to have is a huuuuge chore 🤣

I find the best fit for jeans fo me are M&S and they have lots of different styles so I usually find at least one pair the right shape. They also last forever. But i have to go to Dublin or Cork for them so probably only a once a year visit to them. Inwont be back until we can properly try clothes on.

Well - Glasgow is cancelled - it is now Ediinburgh two weeks later! So I am confidently predicting I will need size 22s jeans by then. Well I may be on the cusp of 22s at least.

If I am not hungry, @CraftySam, I don't eat. I am not eating to macros. I mostly eat green on this list as that means I am shedding weight without counting. I also delay eating so usually I break my fast after midday and sometimes as late as 2 or even 4pm when I'm cleaning the Airbnb. II think the protein helps me do that without a struggle. That's better for me than weighing or measuring.

My overnight fast is usually starts when I finish supper around 7 to 8,30pm. I next eat sometime after midday - even if I have a hungry day and break fast at 11am, that's over 14 hours. mostly I'm eating before 2pm - but when I'm busy, that can be later. I am getting reacquainted wiith what hunger feels like. I'm not pushing my fasting - just letting it emerge. I am conscious about when I eat. No longer eating breakfast because I got up.

I don't know how I'd do this if I had a job with scheduled breaks!
1628924907954.png

I was the sane hun, but I can't walk so it's very very important I hit my protein macro or my muscles will disappear almost overnight as i don't/can't weight bear

The exercises I do/carer makes my legs do is very painful I'd really be an idiot lol

You can walk your leg muscles will be fine but just explaining why I have to force myself to eat

Jeez I have to force myself to eat and still dont lose weight .. kick in the teeth much? 🙄

You're doing fab you just keep going

/cheers like a cheerleader

🥰🥰🥰

I was the sane hun, but I can't walk so it's very very important I hit my protein macro or my muscles will disappear almost overnight as i don't/can't weight bear

The exercises I do/carer makes my legs do is very painful I'd really be an idiot lol

You can walk your leg muscles will be fine but just explaining why I have to force myself to eat

Jeez I have to force myself to eat and still dont lose weight .. kick in the teeth much? 🙄

You're doing fab you just keep going

/cheers like a cheerleader

🥰🥰🥰
Ah hun it’s horrible low metabolism is the worst. Has your nurse ever suggest vibroplate for your muscles ? I know we looked at it for dad but his paralysis was on one side due to a massive stroke so his good side was overcompensating so we stuck with the pt

Ah hun it’s horrible low metabolism is the worst. Has your nurse ever suggest vibroplate for your muscles ? I know we looked at it for dad but his paralysis was on one side due to a massive stroke so his good side was overcompensating so we stuck with the pt
Can't sit up so can't stand
Vibroplate would prob tip me over into not being able to use phone at all so best not lol
💙

Best not. I agree!!

Yesterday, I had some mindless eating later in the day. Eating when not hungry I was satisfied after my meal but then chose to eat some nuts and some more pudding. I just slid into it.

I think that's how much of my past eating patterns were - just eating because I could, because it is there. It provided some sort of comfort. I realised when I was walking round Lidl last week how I'd have a pack of gingernuts sometimes or choccy biscuits, and it would be gone in the day or certainly within 2 or 3 days. I always bought sweet thngs every supermarket trip.

I'd buy a donut (4 n a bag if it was Tescos or Sainsbury's) and eat it (one or two) in the car going home and then have a cooked supper an hour or so later. I'd eat a big bag of crisps and maybe a chocolate bar in the car on a long journey. Keeping my recent long journey low carb was a real success for me. Petrol and crisps and/or chocolate were connected!

Not any more. I can do journeys without them. My next long journey is to Edinburgh on 1 Sept. And I am confident I can do that low carb.

Yesterday, I had some mindless eating later in the day. Eating when not hungry I was satisfied after my meal but then chose to eat some nuts and some more pudding. I just slid into it.

I think that's how much of my past eating patterns were - just eating because I could, because it is there. It provided some sort of comfort. I realised when I was walking round Lidl last week how I'd have a pack of gingernuts sometimes or choccy biscuits, and it would be gone in the day or certainly within 2 or 3 days. I always bought sweet thngs every supermarket trip.

I'd buy a donut (4 n a bag if it was Tescos or Sainsbury's) and eat it (one or two) in the car going home and then have a cooked supper an hour or so later. I'd eat a big bag of crisps and maybe a chocolate bar in the car on a long journey. Keeping my recent long journey low carb was a real success for me. Petrol and crisps and/or chocolate were connected!

Not any more. I can do journeys without them. My next long journey is to Edinburgh on 1 Sept. And I am confident I can do that low carb.
I have to admit I’ve been finally doing my groceries online as after a meal and just picking the regular stuff it’s so much easier to avoid buying junk. I’ve been saving loads with so few impulse buys and I was always good with a list and a budget but junk food always ended up in there…

That sounds like a good strategy, Violet.

I'm now under control in the supermarket. I make good decisions - whiich is good as I often had poor substitutes in my online orders during lockdown! Also my budget is tight so Lidl really helps.

I think I can control my buying decisions at petrol stations on longer journeys too - that's helped by having access to protein and pepsi max type drinks in the car. Diet Red Bull is now a long journey only treat. I used to drink it a lot at home too. So that's healthier.Maybe next year I will see if I can lose my other diet drink habits - tins on long jourmeys and bottles of Lidl's pepsi max alternative at home. 've decided weight loss is the priority this year.

It's been a good week with 3.6lbs off, making a good 9.8lbs down this month so I am 19st10.4lb (and 276.8lbs).

So in 5 months, I've shed just over 3 stone shed - 42.2lbs- by eating (and drinking) lower carb and just putting one foot in front of the other for 147 days. I am well into the 19s too (and the 270s) now - 13.25% shed. All good numbers.

1629101067034.png

The next milestones will be 3 1/2 stone, then 4 stone, 50lbs shed, the 260s, the 18s and 15%. I certainly did not believe I would sustain my low carb eatiing and be getting results. It's a relief. I can eat real food and eat well and shed weight.

Checking in on the Team 50 thread weekly, and your support here on Minimins has been essential support and focus for me. Thank you.

That's a great loss Ali and even better that you are sustaining it. It takes small lifestyle changes one by one to get there and now you have overcome the long journey bad habit one.

I can relate to the mindless eating because its there 😕
I'm doing low carb/ calorie with IF (not keto) and I'm not particularly hungry - but I'm still very emotionally attached to food.
You're doing really well!
40lbs loss is brilliant 👏

My diversion into summer melon and plums (and a poor purchase of a bag of donuts followed by 2 bags of bruschetta a neighbour brought) set me back 2 or 3 lbs - now down to 1.4lbs up. I don't know why I bought those donuts. Once I'd eaten them (all .. yup all) , I then found some bags of bruschetta - little toasted bread discs and ate those too. Definitely an emotional eating day. I'd ignored those bags for weeks ...

I am back on it and pleased with myself for turning up and reporting despite the rise. What a change from previous challenges. I am now 277.8lbs so still in the 19s - 41.8lbs shed 2st12.8lb 12.81%.

Just 8.2lbs to go for 50lbs by Xmas and 89.8lbs to go to goal.

Goal seems achievable in a way it didn't when I started. I just need to continue putting one foot in front of the other and to keep bready things out of the house 99% of the time.
1629880466806.png

Last edited:
My diversion into summer melon and plums (and a poor purchase of a bag of donuts followed by 2 bags of bruschetta a neighbour brought) set me back 2 or 3 lbs - now down to 1.4lbs up. I don't know why I bought those donuts. Once I'd eaten them (all .. yup all) , I then found some bags of bruschetta - little toasted bread discs and ate those too. Definitely an emotional eating day. I'd ignored those bags for weeks ...

I am back on it and pleased with myself for turning up and reporting despite the rise. What a change from previous challenges. I am now 277.8lbs so still in the 19s - 41.8lbs shed 2st12.8lb 12.81%.

Just 8.2lbs to go for 50lbs by Xmas and 89.8lbs to go to goal.

Goal seems achievable in a way it didn't when I started. I just need to continue putting one foot in front of the other and to keep bready things out of the house 99% of the time.
Well done for not letting it spiral and getting back on. Recognising the trigger is important for us for when we finish this part of our journey and move on to maintaining!

I agree re the bread, one taste of it will be followed by a whole heap of it.

It's Wednesday and I'm 1.8lbs down in the 2 days since Monday. I must have used up the glycogen stored in my recent carby diversion.

So from 277.8lbs to 276lbs, 0.2lbs lower than my recent lowest where l was daily weighing10 days ago on 15 August - 3st (and 0.6lb) gone 13.37%. l like numbers - but as I already had 3 stone gone, it's just a quiet satisfaction that l am back over thee stone down and on the low carb track, not a celebratory morning!

1629884394260.png

l watched a Jason Fung video about losing weight put on over the holidays. He says that regular weight people jump on losing weight immedately after a holday weight gain. The fat accumulators (my words, not his) may shed a bit but not all and so do that annual accretion (my word, not his). I did - a stone or half a stone a year over years until I got extremely fat.

Monday had been a hungry day - I ate 3 times keto stylee plus a few chilli peanuts late- about 10pm. Yesterday I ate 2 plums at midday. I went to the farm shop to pick up my OH's prescription and bought some plums for him and some salad and veg. I nearly ate a protein meal and then decided to delay and kept busy cleaning the airbnb, laundry etc. So I ate an egg mayo salad at 4pm and then chicken mayo at 8pm. I made a one egg batch of mayo - which was very good wth some lemon juice and mustard.

Tonight I am meeting some women friends in a pub for a meal. So depending on what l choose, l may tick up tomorrow and then be ticking on down again rest of the week. I'm driving so IIwon't drink.

Do you have a link to that video Ali or will I find it on the diet doctors website?

Back