Get to slinky again and staying there ......

Here it is.

Unplanned visit to Tesco midday yesterday. I avoid Tesco's and normally shop at Lidl's where it's cheaper and I find good food, and our farm shop & butchers. I had to go to get the right batteries for the front door light for the Airbnb. My old shopping pattern invariably included something sweet and carby - lke a bag of donuts. Having had an epic Tesco bag of donut fail straight after my summer fruits last week (just after confidently writing here that I now make good decisions shopping in supermarkets), I was on alert....

I was hungrier than usual at that time of day and hadn't broken fast. I noticed as I walked towards the bread aisle to pick up Mr AG's sliced bread my mouth stared watering about donuts. Crazy - I used to buy and eat a bag of donuts or maybe some meringues every visit - and Tesco's donuts aren't even very good. Pavlovian response.

So I picked up the bread and did a reverse ferret so I didn't even walk past the sweet baked goods. I bought some crispy bacon to break my fast in some crazy illogcal alternative food reward. It wasn't crispy and I regretted that choice and wished I'd chosen the hot chicken instead. However I ticked down this am's daily weighing (0.2lbs on yesterday to make 3st1lb 13.5% down) and am likely to have a reasonable loss on Monday's weigh in, reversing last week's 1.4lb gain so all is well.

Back at the house, I unpacked the shopping and got on with cleaning the Airbnb. Danger passed!

Well done your blip was a great lesson a d provided you with tools to counter it. And a new lesson this week that the non crispy crispy bacon reward isn’t as good so stick with the yummy chicken

l'm 3.2lbs down ths week. So the previous week's gain is reversed with 1.8lbs down over the past 2 weeks.

I'm now 275.6lbs so 43lbs shed 3st1lb (13.5%) in 5 1/2 months eating well on low carb. Size 24 jeans are feeling looser but not yet enough to buy some 22s.

87.6lbs to goal. And now I can imagine I will get there. So heading for the 18s, 50lbs shed and 15% lost in September.

Edited to add - l thought today was Monday! Maybe I'll weigh in again tomorrow!

1630232155186.png

Last edited:
I weighed in a day early by mistake this week on Sunday.

l was 3.2lbs down reversing previous week's gain with a net 1.8lbs down over the past 2 weeks. I was 275.6lbs so 43lbs shed 3st1lb (13.5%) in 5 1/2 months eating well on low carb.

The next day, I was up a lb at 276.6lbs - after a roast dinner including some potatoes (a rare food on my plate these days). So I have left the Sunday weigh in on the record!

Today - Wednesday - 275.6lbs again

My size 24 jeans are feeling looser but not yet enough to wear 22s yet. They're feeling looser than the weight loss would suggest so I think my body is recompositioning itself. I am aiming for high protein and a bit less fat than I have eaten up to now. I love that stage when I can pull my jeans down wthout unbuttoning them! I'm now at the stage where thats true but it's a bit more - so it's annoying as have to hitch them up. i must find my special belt that cinches too big jeans from the belt loops.

My tops are getting ratty from age & frequency of washing and my faves have even got holes or the fabric is deteriorating. They are probably over 10 years old so have done well and my most recent tops were low cost amazon ones 3 years ago. I can't yet shop my wardrobe for skinnier clothes. I looked at lots of websites - so much poorly made dingey coloured badly cut clothing. I have ordered some clothes from Ulle Popken's sale. I like bright "spring" colours with brown and navy blue for basics. I've bought 20-22s - so not sure if they'll fit yet, especially on the arms. My upper arms are very full..... I think that getting clothes to fit my upper arms as my body shrinks will be a problem. I won't have surgery to remove skin. I've seen how very painful it can be (especialy the body lifts removing apron skin) and am not willing to take the risk - as I am the carer for Mr AG.

I need some size 22 high waisted jeans in darkish blue - but Simply Be etc have sold out so I shall wait. I did look in the very big Tescos a week ago - but only "jeggings" in high waisted size 22. They had some regular black trews - nasty fabric and I don't wear black. I find jeans with some lycra the best at the mo, because I can clean and garden in them and they wash well, no ironing needed.

I have a pair of size 20 jeans in the cupboard - not much stretch and I am a long way off getting into those.

I went to the surgery today for a smear and have a referral for a polyp (good looking and shiny apparently - which is good) and an appointment to go back and see the GP about my chest - centrally just below my clavicles (not sure what this area of the body is called), it can get very itchy and it is sort of padded. Maybe it's a fatty lump ...glad I will find out sometime. I am also waiting for a lymphodema appointment and the NHS Weight Management tier 3 programme.

I have only had screening (bowel cancer, smears and mammograms), several antibiotic courses & a few antidepressants prescriptions for most of my adult life, amd recently flu jabs. So it's odd having 4 referrals at once. I am so grateful to live in the UK and have the NHS so I am not stressed about the cost of health care as my former colleagues in the USA are. I just need to find the cash for petrol and parking.

Last edited:
I weighed in a day early by mistake this week on Sunday.

l was 3.2lbs down reversing previous week's gain with a net 1.8lbs down over the past 2 weeks. I was 275.6lbs so 43lbs shed 3st1lb (13.5%) in 5 1/2 months eating well on low carb.

The next day, I was up a lb at 276.6lbs - after a roast dinner including some potatoes (a rare food on my plate these days). So I have left the Sunday weigh in on the record!

Today - Wednesday - 275.6lbs again

My size 24 jeans are feeling looser but not yet enough to wear 22s yet. They're feeling looser than the weight loss would suggest so I think my body is recompositioning itself. I am aiming for high protein and a bit less fat than I have eaten up to now. I love that stage when I can pull my jeans down wthout unbuttoning them! I'm now at the stage where thats true but it's a bit more - so it's annoying as have to hitch them up. i must find my special belt that cinches too big jeans from the belt loops.

My tops are getting ratty from age & frequency of washing and my faves have even got holes or the fabric is deteriorating. They are probably over 10 years old so have done well and my most recent tops were low cost amazon ones 3 years ago. I can't yet shop my wardrobe for skinnier clothes. I looked at lots of websites - so much poorly made dingey coloured badly cut clothing. I have ordered some clothes from Ulle Popken's sale. I like bright "spring" colours with brown and navy blue for basics. I've bought 20-22s - so not sure if they'll fit yet, especially on the arms. My upper arms are very full..... I think that getting clothes to fit my upper arms as my body shrinks will be a problem. I won't have surgery to remove skin. I've seen how very painful it can be (especialy the body lifts removing apron skin) and am not willing to take the risk - as I am the carer for Mr AG.

I need some size 22 high waisted jeans in darkish blue - but Simply Be etc have sold out so I shall wait. I did look in the very big Tescos a week ago - but only "jeggings" in high waisted size 22. They had some regular black trews - nasty fabric and I don't wear black. I find jeans with some lycra the best at the mo, because I can clean and garden in them and they wash well, no ironing needed.

I have a pair of size 20 jeans in the cupboard - not much stretch and I am a long way off getting into those.

I went to the surgery today for a smear and have a referral for a polyp (good looking and shiny apparently - which is good) and an appointment to go back and see the GP about my chest - centrally just below my clavicles (not sure what this area of the body is called), it can get very itchy and it is sort of padded. Maybe it's a fatty lump ...glad I will find out sometime. I am also waiting for a lymphodema appointment and the NHS Weight Management tier 3 programme.

I have only had screening (bowel cancer, smears and mammograms), several antibiotic courses & a few antidepressants prescriptions for most of my adult life, amd recently flu jabs. So it's odd having 4 referrals at once. I am so grateful to live in the UK and have the NHS so I am not stressed about the cost of health care as my former colleagues in the USA are. I just need to find the cash for petrol and parking.
Another stone mark lost well done!!!

Interesting research that fasting or time restricted eating makes a big impact on metabolic health. This study had participants not eat for 14 hours (including the night) and eat in a 10 hour window. Now I eat more protein, I am no longer hungry at breakfast so break fast much later - between midday and 2pm most days & later on turnover days when try to fiinish cleaniing before eating.

So 10 hours is now easy for me. I have to guard against mindless snacking. I am not hungry at night - just .sometimes old habit resurface. I don't have carby stuff to hand - so it can be an old habit but a new substance. Hazel nuts last night - I should have put the packet away. Scale has ticked up this am.

A few drinks last night with friends on zoom and it shows on my weigh in. Up 1.2lbs on last Monday, making a net 0.4lbs up over the past 3 weeks. So today I am 277.8lbs, with 40.8lbs shed (2st 12.8lb) 12.81%.

I'll be back at over 3 stone shed very soon. My body isn't a machine - so onwards and downwards towards my fitter life. I've tried on some size 22s in my wardrobe but my upper arms and thighs are still too big to wear them. My jeans feel looser so I'm not discouraged.

9.2lbs to get 50lbs done by Xmas & to goal > 89.8lbs to go.

1630923466864.png

Last edited:
I find drinks show up quickly but can go just a quickly with lots of water, well quicker than startchy carb overload. You're doing great and getting there sensibly

So true. And this am - 276.4lbs - down 1.4lbs on yesterday. So over 3 stone lost again.

1631003489808.png

Attachments

• 1631003005546.png
    1631003005546.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Fantastic progress Ali, you're making such great food choices - and recognising that it can't always go to plan too, which is so sensible. I'm starting LC on Friday so will be watching closely for tips etc.

Also love the description of the polyp! Agree one million percent about the NHS, I've been the same, not used it much and then last year's bout of unwellness meant referrals all over the place - and how grateful was I to be in the Uk with such great health care and not still be in Italy when it all kicked off!

Well done Ali that’s a net loss! Depends on what you were drinking but absolutely can be much worse than any meal! Carb loads move quickly though with water an even low activity I had gained 4lb sat morning I think but it dropped alb or so a day!

1.2lbs down for this week. Just 0.8lbs off for Month Six (+1.4lbs, -3.2lbs, +2.2lbs, -1.2lbs).
276.6lbs - back at 42lbs shed - 3st0lb 13.18% in 6 months.

Edited to add six months results:
Month Six: 0.8lbs down l (+1.4lbs) l 3.2lbs l (+2.2lbs) I 1.2lbs
Month Five: 9.8lbs down I 1.8lbs I 4.4lbs in 2 weeks I 3.6lbs l
Month Four: 4.4lbs down I 1.2lbs l 0lb I 1.4lbs I 1.8lbs l
Month Three: 5.6lbs down I 1.4lbs I 0.6lbs I 1.6lbs I 2lbs I
Month Two: 8.2lbs down I 3lbs I 1lb I 0.4lbs I 1.4lbs I 2.4lbs I
Month One: 14.4lbs down I 7.8lbs I 3.8lbs I 0.6lbs I 2.2lbs I

l'm still above my lowest on daily weighing, having had a stressful week with disturbed sleep and then some biscuits this week. My jeans are looser - but still not down the sizes. I've 2 new sIze 22 tops in the Ulle Popken sale which fit fine.

My current bras will soon be too big. Some nice bras from before that l kept in my drawers are a few inches too short around the chest so l've bought some bra extenders so l can wear them. The hooks don't quite match but they work fine. The bras with the extenders fit well and l like the fabric and the shape, so that makes me happy!

So l want to make more progress next week. 88.6lbs to go to goal. At 0.8lbs a month that would take just over 2 years. At 4lbs a month or more, I can be at goal by next Xmas. So let's go!

1631528838922.png

Last edited:
Nothing like a good bra to make you feel better

Daily weighing is interesting. I am 274.4lbs today - 2.2lbs over two days to a new low. l have never sustained a way of eating before without weekly meetings or montoring by a clinic when l did a vlcd. So dear Minimins frends, you are my weekly support. Especially Team 50 - and the active members.

Today, I am off for an xray. I am lucky - 62 and this is my first ever Xray. I'll have an ultrasound soon too. l think l may have had one before when they wanted to make sure l didn't have a clot. But l don't really remember. When my new GP asked me if l'd had any unexplained weight loss, she congratulated me as she remembered from our earler phone consultation l am doing low carb. Onwards and downwards.

Daily weighing is interesting. I am 274.4lbs today - 2.2lbs over two days to a new low. l have never sustained a way of eating before without weekly meetings or montoring by a clinic when l did a vlcd. So dear Minimins frends, you are my weekly support. Especially Team 50 - and the active members.

Today, I am off for an xray. I am lucky - 62 and this is my first ever Xray. I'll have an ultrasound soon too. l think l may have had one before when they wanted to make sure l didn't have a clot. But l don't really remember. When my new GP asked me if l'd had any unexplained weight loss, she congratulated me as she remembered from our earler phone consultation l am doing low carb. Onwards and downwards.
Well done and remember it is you that has achieved this and hold onto that and keep that in mind as you can achieve whatever you know put your mind to!

Back