Get to slinky again and staying there ......

I'm down 1.2lbs overnight. That takes my weight loss to over 16% - 3st9lb -16.01%. and into the 70s - 79.6lbs to go. I started with 130lbs to shed - so well over half way.

Yesterday I ate a creamy chicken salad, apple crumble, a piece of parmesan and nutritional yeast. I felt happy and satisfied- no deprivation. More here https://www.minimins.com/threads/low-carb-eating-keto-and-fasting.368010/page-8#post-8090617

1635845977419.png

Mmm apple crumble, I've been dreaming of that for days and then you mention it :).

Great and sustainable weight losses - and yummy food too!

You are doing amazing!

How do you deal (mentally) with fluid showing up on the scales?
I'm not a fan of weighing too often but once a week for me isn't working as I'm all over the place and I just need to see a loss peeking through at some point to keep me motivated but I feel a bit obsessive over it?

Well - a bit of marking time here after a small tick up. Now I have just 0.2lbs to go for the 50lbs challenge. 268.8lbs 19st2.8lb - 3st7.8lb shed - 15.63% shed 49.8lbs.

I am just under 3lbs from the 18s - my new target for Xmas.

I am a bit disappointed in myself that I didn't keep on keeping with diligence - but am grateful I will end this year in the 18s and know I have the knowledge and drive to keep at it next year. I will shed at least 5 stone more next year.

1638780894358.png

Well - a bit of marking time here after a small tick up. Now I have just 0.2lbs to go for the 50lbs challenge. 268.8lbs 19st2.8lb - 3st7.8lb shed - 15.63% shed 49.8lbs.

I am just under 3lbs from the 18s - my new target for Xmas.

I am a bit disappointed in myself that I didn't keep on keeping with diligence - but am grateful I will end this year in the 18s and know I have the knowledge and drive to keep at it next year. I will shed at least 5 stone more next year.

View attachment 200330
congrats on weight loss this week hopefully like me you will reach your target of 50lb by Christmas which is a great achievement in itself. With your great attitude and determination you will achieve great things this forth coming year. A lot of weight loss is being in the right head space and laying down good foundations that become routine. Because staying motivated 24/7 is very difficult but if your eating programme has become second nature that helps when motivation waxes and wans naturally. I know it has helped me when I was struggling a bit after my holiday and I had eat virtually everything in site😮 , I was like a kid in a candy shop🤣. but going back to my routine helped and adding a few new dishes to get me excited again and motivated about my slimming programme.

And today - back through 50lbs and on down.

16.01% gone - 3st 9lb - 51lbs.

Another 1.6lb to get into the 18s and 79.6lbs left to shed.

Being slower this past few months means I will extend my target date. 79.6lbs shed by Christmas 2022 sounds right for me.

1638968031789.png

So 266.2lbs - down 4lbs on Monday - a net 2.6lbs down from Monday week. I am still in size 24s - not quite into size 22s annoyingly.

Not quite in the 18s - just 0.2lbs over. 16.45% shed - 52.4lbs by just breaking my fast when I am hungry - usually after midday and often after 2pm, eating twice a day - meat, eggs, salad and veg grown above ground with a little homemade mayo, dairy and occassional berries and dark chocolate. Not quite the end of the year - as there's the Monday after Xmas!

I will eat some roast potatoes and parsnips, and a small Xmas pudding with brandy butter. I see a few Xmas Margaritas in my future too!

Overall, I will be staying pretty keto and low carb - so don't expect too much damage. If there is a gain, it will come off soon.

1640190464769.png

My initial target for the year is 50lbs - on the Team 50. If I can do 78.2lbs I will be thrilled. I am eating well - with very occasional alcohol and all real food. 78 pounds is 5 and 1/2 stone. 50lbs is 3 and 1/2stone.

Looking forward to joining you, Zafiran and the other lovely Miniminers, in emerging from the fat we've accumulated.

Xmas weight gain - 1.8lbs up on last week. No attention given - definite carb fest underway - that will continue until New Year as we didn't eat our Xmas pudding or Xmas cake over Xmas! I also will be drinking a few more cocktails before buttoning down to rejoin the Minimins weight loss train - 5 or 6 or more stones to shed in 2022.

I want to end the next year wearing size 14-16. I bought a couple of ulle popken tops in the sale in the summer - and was really disappointed in the quality. Not as good as it was a few years ago. I didn't think they were worth even the lower sale price.

So I've bought myself a 2nd hand sewing machine (lost mine to a flood in 2013) and will be making a few clothes to see me down the lbs. I've realised I don't have any pyjamas or a nightie so will make myself some and some pyjama trews fror Mr AG too, so we have them in case we need to go into hospital. I also want some swishy and longer tunics. This way I can have the colours and fabric I like, and get back to sewing. I used to sew all my clothes in my teens and early 20s. So I'll need to relearn what I knew and gain some new techniques.

I have an ultrasound on 30 Dec - so am hoping that all will be well. It's been a long wait - and I've only got an appointment because I lost it on twitter when Johnson announced the NHS was stopping everything for Covid again. I tweeted I was upset and scared on a thread started y a member of the House of Lords. I had an xray (walk in - brilliant service) but no other communication since my GP referred me in June (late as I hadn't seen my GP due to the plague). I rang up in Sept and was told they were booking referrals from May.The hospital responded to my tweet, we DMd and someone sorted me an appointment. I'm grateful. I don't know if I've queue jumped or my referral was mislaid (no holding letter). I'm furious that Johnson has wasted so much money on track and trace that shd have funded NHS services. They just want to make money and sell us out to american "health care" companies.

So that's brutal. A couple of weeks carby and with some alcohol and I am 5.6lbs up on the month - in fact a total gain of 1/2 stone from my December 2021 low of 268lbs. A neat demonstration on how it's possible to regain fast. I don't feel like I've regained that much in my jeans fit. - So I am putting it down to mostly glycogen. I'm starting with a 2022 target to shed 50lbs. Waist 44 7/8 inches114cm - target 33 inches 83cm. More later.

Last edited:
joining you on the gain train.
We got this tho, onwards and downwards x

Yep, I'm over 5kg up on my September weight and at least half of that the past 10 days.
We can do this together.

Daily weighing - 2.4lbs down overnight. So I was right that my clothes weren't tighter. 272lbs. Onwards and downwards.

Back