Getting a grip

Have a good day tomorrow TH.

Sorry to hear you had a bad day TH, Try to forget about it and move on I'm sure you will get there this time.

Well done for picking yourself up and carrying on TH! x

Thanks Chris and Minnie!

Going to have to do something different with my evening routine. I've been having a meal followed by a bar. Still hungry after that so maybe I'll have half a shake and half a bar. It's probably due to the fact that u dont add 200ml water to bars! I do drink loads before and after though...

Anyway have a fab Friday folks :) thanks for the support and sharing ur experiences. It helps x

It's hard going the first week trying to work out what suits you best isn't it.

I'm finding it much harder during the day so I need more things to occupy my then. Evenings are easier for me as I don't find I have the temptation.

Hope today is a good day for you TH x

Hi TH, sorry to read about your bad day, as the others say, pick yourself up and carry on is the best thing u can do. With regards to your bread comment 'if u don't eat it then no-one else will' does that mean u live on your own? If so, can u not get rid of all temptations, so it will make the evenings easier for you.
The first week is so difficult to get through but you CAN do it and I really hope to see a post next week saying how you've muddled your way through the first week!

Hope you have a great day today x

You will have a week under your belt before you know it TH. I found it difficult yesterday and was so hungry. The day before was a complete breeze. We just have to take the rough with the smooth and we will get to the end :) x

Hi TH, how as your day been?

Hi TH, sorry to read about your bad day, as the others say, pick yourself up and carry on is the best thing u can do. With regards to your bread comment 'if u don't eat it then no-one else will' does that mean u live on your own? If so, can u not get rid of all temptations, so it will make the evenings easier for you.
The first week is so difficult to get through but you CAN do it and I really hope to see a post next week saying how you've muddled your way through the first week!

Hope you have a great day today x

Thanks Twinkle :)

No, I don't live on my own. Have a daughter and OH works away a lot. Can't avoid all food temptation. I dont have any rubbish foods in the house like choc n crisps n biscuits. I simply need to learn to live with food like bread. Retrain my brain!

You will have a week under your belt before you know it TH. I found it difficult yesterday and was so hungry. The day before was a complete breeze. We just have to take the rough with the smooth and we will get to the end :) x

Thanks Minnie. You're right. It helped me reading ur diary when you were hungry :)

You will get there TH forget about the slip up and don't waste time feeling down about it. Every morning is a new day, have a great day x

Day 1 (again)

Don't think I'm writing this in an 'I am so weak, I'll never do this' frame of mind. Quite the opposite in fact.

I know I will do this and I will do it really well because now I've reached the point where I'm ready. Truly ready.

What am I going to do differently?

1. Exercise. I was waiting to get through week 1 before I started but I think it's best I start exercise today. It doesn't have to be hardcore. I know that exercise makes me feel better and that's always a good start. So watch this space!

2. Half a bar and have it for breakfast just to get my metabolism started then have the other half as part of evening meal.

3. Water, water, water

4. If I have an urge, I'm going to make myself go for a walk first (there's a little 0.7m circular route just outside my door) then ill resist the urge.

5. I'm going to steal someone's idea of putting pebbles in a jar to represent weight I have to lose. Ill remove a stone for every 1lb.

6. Set myself little milestone rewards for getting into next stone bracket and reducing BMI to below 30 and below 25.

So there you have it. Can you hear the Rocky motivational music in the background? Eye of the tiger by survivor!!!

I should tell you why I'm back to day one. Night with good friends at one of their houses last night. I wasn't gorging like a pig but I did go out of ketosis with crackers and grapes etc.

Hope u have a great day! Ill post later :) x

Well done TH! Love that post. I feel exactly the same today, hitting this day with a vengeance and so determined. I fell off the waggon last night in spectacular style but that's it, enough!

Good luck TH we are getting this week under our belt 100% x

Well done TH! Love that post. I feel exactly the same today, hitting this day with a vengeance and so determined. I fell off the waggon last night in spectacular style but that's it, enough!

Good luck TH we are getting this week under our belt 100% x

Good job Minnie! We will own it. We're not perfect. We'll have blips. That's life :)

Have a great day chick!

Hi TH, I have 4 daughters and SO who all like to eat junk food and it's extremely testing when it's in the house and you're trying to do a plan like this. I'm glad to see that you're feeling so positive today and I really hope this next week is as gentle with u as possible. Keep your goal in mind as much as possible and you will succeed :)
Hope you have a great day xx

Brilliant new mind set TH good on you :)

I love the go for a walk to resit the urge one, I'd be doing that all the time. I have 5 dogs so they'd love getting that many walks ;)

Hope your day 1 is a good one xx

Hi TH, I have 4 daughters and SO who all like to eat junk food and it's extremely testing when it's in the house and you're trying to do a plan like this. I'm glad to see that you're feeling so positive today and I really hope this next week is as gentle with u as possible. Keep your goal in mind as much as possible and you will succeed :)
Hope you have a great day xx

Thanks Twinkle. Daughter ordered a take away pizza and beers early evening yesterday, before I went out. She was de-stressing after major interview. It was fine. I sat with her. Didn't want to ruin her moment!

I should add that I didn't have any pizza... I had 'nibbles' at my friends last night.

The difference between last nights food and the food from the other evening is that I felt in control. I didn't scoff the whole table full of goodies. I stopped. I knew that I was out of ketosis but I still stopped way before pigging out. Hard to describe it. But that's an improvement for me.

I'm now determined to go all the way. I've turned down an invite to a party on the 8th Feb because I don't want any extra distractions. I have a hen do on the 15th Feb :)

Back