Getting a grip

Explanation of my new pic...

It was taken at a music festival that I go to regularly. It makes me feel warm inside when I think of the great times that we have there. Love music, love festivals, even love the camping. Next one is July :)

Day 1 (again)

Don't think I'm writing this in an 'I am so weak, I'll never do this' frame of mind. Quite the opposite in fact.

I know I will do this and I will do it really well because now I've reached the point where I'm ready. Truly ready.

What am I going to do differently?

1. Exercise. I was waiting to get through week 1 before I started but I think it's best I start exercise today. It doesn't have to be hardcore. I know that exercise makes me feel better and that's always a good start. So watch this space!

2. Half a bar and have it for breakfast just to get my metabolism started then have the other half as part of evening meal.

3. Water, water, water

4. If I have an urge, I'm going to make myself go for a walk first (there's a little 0.7m circular route just outside my door) then ill resist the urge.

5. I'm going to steal someone's idea of putting pebbles in a jar to represent weight I have to lose. Ill remove a stone for every 1lb.

6. Set myself little milestone rewards for getting into next stone bracket and reducing BMI to below 30 and below 25.

So there you have it. Can you hear the Rocky motivational music in the background? Eye of the tiger by survivor!!!

I should tell you why I'm back to day one. Night with good friends at one of their houses last night. I wasn't gorging like a pig but I did go out of ketosis with crackers and grapes etc.

Hope u have a great day! Ill post later :) x

Hi TH
I'm back on day 1 today but am also determined to do it. I like the bar idea. I might try that. Good luck! Let's see how many TS days in a row we can get to!

Love the way you are thinking TH. Some sound strategies there to help keep you on track. Keep going x

Day 2

So today I'm going for a 12 mile walk (very hilly) 6 miles to the gym and 6 back. Ill go into the gym but I won't do anything strenuous because I'm operating on fumes!

That will take up a big chunk of my day and keep me out of trouble :)

Hope you are in the zone and have a great day! X

Good luck with the exercise. I have found thats runs that burn upto 400Cal have been fine for me.

I love the plan to keep u busy through day 2! I haven't added in any exercise yet and not really planning to until I've lost another stone, so well done you!

I hope today is a breeze for you x

Great plan TH and well done you on the walk before even reaching the gym! Sounds like a good day ahead x

Day 2

So today I'm going for a 12 mile walk (very hilly) 6 miles to the gym and 6 back. Ill go into the gym but I won't do anything strenuous because I'm operating on fumes!

That will take up a big chunk of my day and keep me out of trouble :)

Hope you are in the zone and have a great day! X

Wow! IMPRESSIVE!!!!!! All I'm doing at the moment is step counting, and not doing too well at that either! Day 2 for both of us today so I need to keep away from temptation too. Treadmill, walking the dog and housework to ensure at least 10,000 steps methinks! I cancelled my gym membership last month but will probably rejoin in February.

Very impressed with that plan!! :eek:

I am not ready for that yet, but was thinking of walking to work - also 6 miles- in the Spring.

Out of interest, how long does it take you to do the walk? I'm doing some planning ahead :D

My guess would be 2 hours maximum Darcy.

Wow, good for you TH :) Hope you're days goes well, you'll sleep well tonight!!

I hate the gym, always have. I did join curves the all ladies gym a few years ago but unless I went at least 3-4 times a week it didn't really notice and I just don't have time for that with my work schedule and home life. My exercise is walking and the benefit of having dogs is that I can't get out of it - I have to walk every day x

Wow. I see you are very determined today TH. Good for you. You should be so motivated at the end of all that exercise not to be tempted . Have a great day x

Thanks Lynne :)

Not ever having been one for walking I needed to have some idea if my walking to work was going to be feasible or not.

Not fit enough yet.........but perhaps in the Spring :D

About 2 hours. I've got an injury and I'm about 5 stone overweight. My route is quite hilly and I carried a rucksack which felt like a tonne!

Walk to work would be great. You'll get quicker and faster. Make sure ur dressed for the weather. I quite like the wind and rain! I'd recommend playing music. I wear one ear bud so I've got the nearest ear to the road free to listen out for any dangers.

Good luck!

So gym session not as hardcore as I thought. Walk only one-way as had to get taxi back from gym early as daughter locked out of house (she's a wee forgetful pest sometimes!)

Brightside of this is that she has agreed to come to gym with me every morning before work this week. That was her punishment!

Good day all in all :)

Pleased the gym was good I'm looking forward to going tommorow in work.

Well done TH!

Back