Getting back to target... somehow!!!

Sara - done :D that felt gooood!!

I am not a big fan of portion control either and plan to switch again gradually so that I can have more, of... well ANYTHING!! ;)

Low carb again for a while I think :)

Wow, seeing my stats was a great feeling. 10lbs from my Dukan true weight. For so long I was 4-6 stone overweight. It's amazing to even think I am 10lbs to target. It felt like an impossible target for so long, something I'd never experience. This time, I won't let it go again!! :D xox

Thanks for all your support, as always! :)

fantastic Amy 10lb feels close xxx

Thank you for patiently typing out those two days of menus. It's true that it doesn't look like a great deal of food (and what on earth is a "cup of beans" - I doubt the Heinz variety I brought back from England would qualify?). I know that my CBT book, in one of the first two chapters which is why I know about it(!), advised skipping lunch one day... just so that an "eater", scared of hunger such as myself, can see that nothing dreadful does actually happen when we are hungry and we do survive! I can't say I have tried that but I can see how the sort of strict plan you are following gives the quick weight loss we need to then look to the future to find a better way to stabilise. I also, funnily enough, like the fact that it's carby... so we can presume that you won't have the same issues when "reintroducing" when those 10 little pesky pounds go. Excellent!

I had forgotten how tall you were!
x

Jo - it's surprising what you can actually get for those small amounts! I made a super tasty lunch the other day with my cup of rice, I serving of veg and an egg - egg fried rice! So good :) I've had to try and come up with interesting things and its really not as bad as I was expecting.

As to the beans, you are right. Baked beans are not allowed ;) I have been using chickpeas or kidney beans so that I get more of them stuffed in my little measuring cup. Hah

I was worried about the carbs at first, but had previously lost ok on SW when I ate stupid amounts of pasta and potatoes, so this is nothing in comparison. Nice to know we can mix and lose :)

Resisted the urge to weigh this morning, need to stop checking an just keep on going.

My older two are off to friends after school today so have the whole day with my little one! Boring jobs to start the day, then might pop out for a treat somewhere. I immediately want that to involve food! Whenever I have time for me, food is the first thing I start thinking about. Nice lunch? Treats at the cinema? I think that is why I need 5:2 so that I can plan them in but keep my weight in check with those 2 fasts a week.

Have a great weekend all xx

Sara, very much so!! I feel bad for my older 2 though as I just don't have enough of that with them. Going to try and do some activities with just them by themselves over the weekend.

Do you find it hard getting time with yours by themselves? Xx

12.6 this morning!! Crumbs! I shouldn't have weighed, said I would wait until Monday but wow!

Each time I step on the scale I say "it'll have gone up again!" And I have a little WOW moment when it hasn't.

Still can't imagine I will lose the 4lbs I'm 'supposed' to next week, but there is a glimmer of hope!

Body wise I don't feel like I have lost that amount. I tried a lovely dress on yesterday and my time in the changing room wasn't too great! Lots of loose skin, my legs are all saggy, bingo wings that an 80 year old would be proud of!! ;)
The dress was a 12 and I bought it though :)

Oh well - hopefully things will even out over the next few weeks,. I know I will never have a bikini body, just want to get these last few lbs off and deal with the rest from there.

Have a great weekend all :) x

Amy that is great news xxx well done and size 12 dress....result xxx as you said loose the weight then decide what to do with the 'extra bits' which wont be as bad as you think. Remember we are to critical of ourselves and people do see us differently. Have a fab weekend with for gorgeous family xxx

and also, as I think it was scooter who said in another post, remember that the skin takes a while to catch up with a fast weight loss :)
Liking how you're cramming food into your measuring cup. Does that have to be a specific size (cos I have an amazingly humungous MUG I could use ;))

What did the 'official' weigh in reveal, Amy?

And you're right about the need to spend one-to-one time with the older ones too. I never manage this and, while my eldest is very self-reliant and really doesn't want it now, my daughter (15) is thoroughly jealous of the younger ones and is now ignoring me because she says that's what I do to her - she hasn't spoken to me for 5 days except to have a row on Saturday night. Don't let it get to that if you can help it. xx

Hi Sara.

Well, it levelled out at 1lb off. So went up from the mid week loss I'd seen (shouldn't have checked during the week!!) I was very miffed after the week I'd had, but then thought over the 2 wks it is 9lbs and so still more than the expected 4lbs a week the book says you should achieve.

Going to see how I go over the next few days, was hungry yesterday and hankering after my protein.

How are things with you daughter now? You are so right re the kiddies. The time is flying so fast and before I know it they won't even want to spend time with me, so need to try and give them that time now. Thanks for your words xx

I remember seeing a photo of a very beautiful young woman in a stunning dress not so long ago Amy .......... yep that person was you. Who will look at bingo wings with such a beautiful face :) x

We're back speaking again, thank goodness - I really missed her! I'm doing my best to make it obvious I'm thinking of her. She's quite a live wire and the combination of hormones, stress, and not knowing whether she wants to be mothered or be independent means I'm dealing with a very volatile situation.

Hold on to the fact 9lbs is a good loss. Effectively you've done the equivalent of a very successful Attack plus 1st week of Cruise. It probably doesn't matter too much what plan you follow from here on in, as long as it is a plan! Good luck xx

9lbs in two weeks is an excellent result. Not only that, but you really knuckled down to tackling a totally different weight loss plan. Well done you!
(I tend to favour my youngest cat timewise, it's true. Mainly because she DEMANDS the attention!)

Hi Sara, how are you? I have been rather quiet and rather rubbish!! I have stayed the same weight wise which is a good thing in one way (well, i was a few days ago...) but I had hoped to be a stone lighter by the 27th. That won't happen now unless someone cuts my leg off, and it wouldn't be my first choice to be honest ;)

I have been sabotaging my slimming like a mad woman, no idea why! But we had some pics taken as a family the other day and I LOVE them, I don't feel horrible, I just look normal. Not madly overweight. I have also had a couple nights out with friends and had such an amazing time, dancing alllll night - so I feel ok, but also know that last stone makes a huge difference and would feel even more amazing, so I won't give up, just know I won't be at goal for the 50th...

How is everyone? Xx

So...... The not gaining hasn't lasted ;)

I am currently staying with my mum and my 3 children for the last week of the summer hols. Cue lots of treats, wine in the evening with dinner and picnics (big fat sandwiches etc!)

I had gained a few lbs before I left, I am expecting a few more now!!

The silliness stops on Monday when I get back on track. I've been thinking about what I will be doing, and SW has won. The last couple of diets have just been a bit too punishing, anti social and not child friendly. So I am giving it another try.

I hope you won't mind me sharing my food diary here, even though it won't be Dukan friendly...

I will face the scales tomorrow and then start the diet after a belated birthday meal on Sunday ( the last hoorah!) ;)

Looking forward to being back on control!! Xx

Good luck for Monday, Amy! Sounds like you're doing just fine, and any small gains will be wiped off in no time.

Cx

Back