Getting back to target... somehow!!!

Hi Sara :) yes, I really do need to get back on the exercise wagon! I am being a wimp due to the weather but planning more long walks and will start my 30 day shred again.
Running will be next. Have a funny dodgy foot at the mo, keeps having little spasms, once that ok I'll get on it though :)

Trudy - hellooo! How are you? Feast today ( pancakes with kiddies) at work tomorrow and fasting, I'll be crazy busy so wont be hungry.

I'm weighing in after another couple weeks I think, not sure if this is doing anything, at times I feel a bit smaller, then huge!

How are you getting on? X

Hi Couteaux just catching up with you & your diary. Dont think I could do your fast/feast thing. Makes is easier for you with your babies as they come first. Mind you they still come first at 24 & 21 - LOL.

Amy, it is good to have one of my very first dukan friends still here with me in this hard battle ............... X

All good with me C, being Dukan good for now but won't hold my breath, again taking it day to day - I can't even confess to how much weight I put on at Butlins - I think my heart was in my boots when I stepped on the scales on Monday - could not believe it - have lost seven of the pesky pounds but that give you an idea of the amount gained!!!! LOL! Was shocked because although I did eat rubbish it wasn't in huge quantities!!! Oh well - onwards and downwards they say, was thinking of taking a water tablet like Siddid!!!! LOL! Has to be fluid - can't be real fat!!! LOL! Hope the fasting goes well today, I am aiming for PP days for a bit but will see how I go and if I need the veg then so be it!! Loads of chicken out of the freezer this morning so planning on salt and pepper chicken I think!!! Have a good one lovely! x

It will be very interesting to see what's happened on the weight front, when the time comes. I can see how this 5 - 2 plan (or whatever its name is!) fits with people's lifestyles. I guess you have to be absolutely religious about doing the fast-days though - a bit like protein Thursdays on Dukan. Keep up the good work xx

Thanks you lovely ladies! I am so glad to still be posting and chatting, even if I am a traitor! ;)

Chris - so good I have you back! I do keep having twinges of guilt not being on dukan as I expect I would have suddenly seen a nice loss... But, I made my choice and I doubt it would do me any favours going back again. How are you getting on? Xx

Trudy - I started posting on your diary re Butlins but lost it! I would have been exactly the same and fully enjoyed their offerings. Well done on the big loss since the weekend!! I'm do excited for you for Monday, will be keeping. V close eye on your diary for an update!! xx

Sara - I am giving this one full month to see what result I get so will update you when I weigh in. :) It does make me a bit calmer and happier in social settings and actually I'm not going mad on the 'feast' days. I have family history of strokes and cancer, so I originally started it a few months ago to get those health benefits too. I don't find the fasting too hard really, on a busy day the time flies and I know I will have a nice breakfast the next day.

Will keep you posted! :)

I am so glad to still be posting and chatting, even if I am a traitor! ;)
Not a traitior were all on the same journey and as Sara said cant wait to see your weight loss results, xxx Have a great weekend xxx

Thanks Chris & Sid :) xox

It's Friday!! Woo :) have all 3 kiddies home as it is an inset day, my mum is coming to visit too and I am going out tonight with my OH. Our first evening out together without our children in well over a YEAR!!!! Yowzer, I can't wait!! We never get time to just chat, so really looking forward to a nice meal, some wine and time for just us :)

I love, love, love being with our children, but the balance isn't right at the mo and a date night is long overdue!

Food wise I am needing to get sensible on my non fast days (not at dinner tonight!!!) ;)
I've really enjoyed making some lovely family meals that we've all enjoyed eating together but I need to include more protein and veg for me, less carbs. I've just enjoyed the non Dukan food a bit too much ;) I wasn't going to eat bread, but hot cross buns with butter have crept in the last cpl days!

So next week I will be better! Still not weighing, it's TOM and I want to give it a couple more weeks for a proper chance.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend xox

Have a fabulous night xxx you so need to up your date nights xxx your not just mum and dad xxx

Oh have fun tonight, lovely to get some adult time and a bit of r & r - I defo would be enjoying dinner too.... You sound like you have a good mind on this diet and that you are aware of when you need to rein yourself in which is always easier said than done!!! I was sooooo hungry yesterday but it was definately a mental hunger and I so nearly dipped into Ben's supplies but managed to stop myself at the last minute and just have the gala meal in moderation thank goodness!!! Have a great day! x

Hey lovely Trudy, so glad to read you are ok ( considering a major op I mean!) :) just posted on your diary. well done for even managing the slightest dukan food too, v impressed!! :) are you able to rest ok with the pain? I hope it isn't too bad xoxox

I am still here, having a few wobbles (literally!) about weight not shifting and prob need to rethink things - again!! I know I want to do 5:2 for maintenance but I don't think it is working to actually lose weight. Boo etc etc.

I am annoyed with myself for giving up dukan when I did, I expect a loss was around the corner but I am where I am and now not sure of the best way forward. I've even been thinking about WW but not the processed stuff. Jeeeez, what's wrong with me 'eh?

So, still here just deciding what to do :( xox

By the way, dinner with Mr C was lovely, such a treat!! I got dressed up, wore a new dress and heels and felt rather fabulous! Woooo :D xx

Hello there! yeah processed stuff isn't appealing right now with all the food scares (if ever it was appealing!).

I can't advise as I know I'd be in the exact same boat as you if ever I stopped what I'm currently doing! I'm fed up that I'm not losing quickly any more for the effort going in, but know the alternatives don't work for me cos I can't stick at them!

Don't know what to say to help. Big decision ahead xxx Is Dukan a defo no-no?

Oh C not an easy one to answer - what about Slimming world???? Doing more Red days which will give you a lot of volume of food but with those few extras that make it easy - I always lost on that diet as long as I stuck at it - might be worth a go??? Dieting is such a chore isn't it - but you know it's worth it in the end.... Whatever you decide you know we are all here for you! xxxx

My sister's just lost 4 stone on Slimming World and reached target last Friday! wooooo! (But I hasten to add that she's not a serial dieter, sticks to pretty small portions, and is very disciplined I found. Even at Christmas, she made us delicious chocolate mousses in HALF filled ramekin dishes! (I had two!). It's true that there are things which would be "treats" for us (lovely fruit breakfasts come to mind!), but our Dukan quantities wouldn't work with some of the foods! aaaaah! She keeps trying to convince me to switch over. I know she's right, but...

Jo - big congrats to your sister!! I remember you saying she was just starting on SW when I was starting to have issues with sticking to consolidation. Jeeez, I was 12 something then, I wish I was back there lol!

Trudy - I've tried SW a few times, it was always my diet of choice and I do really enjoy the plan. i lost quite well the first couple times I did it. I think my body got a bit used to it though and I just didn't seem to shift the lbs last few times I tried. It feels like I need a new plan each time these days to give my body a shock.

I wish I could be a bit more sensible food wise...

I am dabbling between Ww and Dukan at the moment. I think WW could be useful for the next month or so due to a few events we have coming up. I can eat clean, protein rich foods and plenty of veg and see how I go. But it'll give me the opportunity to have a couple treats (daughter's birthday/holiday etc) without feeling like I have blown it all.

However, I know the portion control will be a big downside for me!!

I can imagine I will then be back on Dukan after the Easter hols.

*bangs head on kitchen table- repeatedly!!* ;)

Why not sit down when you have some spare time and go through the various diets on this forum and have a think what may work for you...... I think that maintaining should really be your priority at the moment until you feel that you can stick to a regime...... I understand your feeling about changing diets - my friend did the south beach diet and lost really well - or how about rosemary conley? Again up to you but often having to work out a new diet plan is interesting and keeps you busy!!!! xxx

Back