Getting back to target... somehow!!!

Sid, you are right. I used to do that, but have just let it slip and then as a result it just falls in my mouth! Eek! Better than something carby, but still not perfect.

Did an online shop last night and have that arriving this arvo. Ordered plenty of chicken, cottage cheese etc and have bits to make burgers so I am all set. Just need to do the cooking now so it's all there for the nibbling! :)

Another pp in prep for my weekend of Pvs. I really don't find then difficult at the moment, I would love a bit of variety and it would make dinner easier at times, but I am just not fussed.
Jo is right, it is so blooming easy when you are following the plan, it's just when we introduce other foods that the difficult times start!

B - quark and oatbran

L - ham omelet

D - chicken and cottage cheese (will cook loads so I have some for tomorrow too!)

Get some eggs boiled too! I'm like you, cook for everyone else then wonder what I'm going to have. Hard boiled eggs make good, filling snacks though (if you eat enough of them!) I also always have salmon in the freezer because even a huge salmon fillet only takes about 3 minutes in the microwave and you don't even have to defrost it first. Try to be strict with yourself Amy, because the little cheats can make the difference between you losing and not losing, and if you don't lose you eventually throw in the towel xx

Thanks Sara xx very true! Those eggs will get boiled later!!

I am so HUNGRY, have eaten some quark and oatbran, half a large tub of cottage cheese, tin of tuna, ham, a tomato (I know, on a pp!) and have got some chicken roasting.

Just one of those days. I fully intend to eat loads of protein as I don't think I have had enough the last few days.

Hi (again!), some days I'm also really hungry, I've been really struggling to stay on course since coming back to Dukan at Christmas and PP are REALLY hard at the minute. I think Sara's right about keeping well-stocked with good protein to snack on. Also, I'm trying to work out why I'm wanting food at any particular time - is it really hunger or am I PMT/Sad/bored - if I admit to myself how I'm truly feeling rather than just shovelling down comfort food then I feel more honest inside. Hope we both have good Dukan days tomorrow x

Hi CD, great to hear from you!! How are you doing?

I have been silly and weighed in this morning. I just felt i needed to do it this morning and think I needed to see if these little cheats had done anything.... They have!

12.13, up 3lbs from last week! It could be just a fluctuation, but it could also be a big alarm telling me to get my bottom in gear and stop cheating!

Bit annoyed with myself to be honest.

PV today, food tbd!

Sara, I was so close to doing my usual trick of seeing a blip and running to the next diet (already planning a meal on that plan!!) then read your post and something clicked back into place. Thank you :)

I weighed in this am just to check and am back to 12.10 so nothing lost since last week, but that random extra 3lbs have gone! Phew

Back to basics now, plenty of protein, will make my muffins (haven't done that for a couple wks!) and lots of green veggies today.

I really want at least 1lb off a week over these next 6wks, as always, a couple of 2's would also be very welcome haha ;)

Have a lovely Saturday all xx

Thanks Chris xx we can both do it and we will!!

Determined to see this through and not fluff it up again ;) xx

Much much much better on food front today!

Breakfast - oatbran pancake - yum!

Mid morning - Leftover chicken stew

Lunch - scrambled egg, bacon and tomatoes

Snack - cherry toms

Dinner - chicken thighs with pepper, courgette, carrots, kale and onion with broccoli - making the most of the pv!! ;)

Just cooked up some rhubarb from the garden, so will have that with ff Greek yoghurt for pud.

Eaten, eaten, eaten and Aaaaaaal good!! :)

Loving today's food Amy! Glad that the 3lbs have disappeared - just stay focused and positive (easier said than done, I know) and know that you CAN do it :)

Thanks CD :) how are you doing today?

Another day munching here! All good stuff tho so feeling ok.

I started the day watching an old Biggest loser and the teams had all been sent home for a week, they had amazing weight losses when they returned! 7-10lbs.. Something just hit me and I realised I need to do more. I need to get exercising more -again. I have been doing the 100 squats a day, but I have so much flab and fat, I feel bigger now than ever for some reason.

I decided to start the C25k programme again and enjoyed it, so need to start it up properly, but I think my body had just changed. Everything is much more wobbly (sorry!) and I know I'll never snap back as I have been big since I was a child, but this last year it feels like my body is bigger at this weight then it was previously if that makes sense?

I have 6 weeks until I am supposed to hit my target, that would mean 2lbs off a week. I am not convinced that will happen, but would love it! Even 6lbs should make a difference on my body, but there just seems to be so much more of me! I look in the mirror and don't feel any different, I have a major muffin top (sure that had gone by 13st4 last time!)

Anyway - I am rambling!! All I can do is keep carrying on and do my best.

Food was:

B - eggs and bacon

L - tofu stirfry

Snack - cherry toms, chicken thigh

Dinner - roast beef, broccoli, carrots, brussels

Pud will be cold stewed rhubarb, oatbran and yoghurt

I feel full, I haven't felt like that for a while really.

Hope you've all had a good weekend xx

I know its strange I think the same. All I can see when I look in the mirror is two massive bazooma's but what did they look like at over 15 stone!!!
At least now Amy we can feel the increase in weight and are doing something about it. Might be one step forward and two back (in my case) but at least as our P said we are on the forum posting. You are a very beautiful young lady (I've seen a pic remember you in your dress) extra weight or not.

Our Sara does talk a lot of sense you know!

have a good day gorgeous young lady

Aaah Chris, thank you x that's a lovely thing to say xx

You are right, I think we are much more aware and in tune now. When I was 15+ stone I did all I could not to pay any attention to my body, not looking in full length mirrors etc. Now I think we look much more, so any extra lbs on us feel so much bigger. It's good I suppose as we are not letting ourselves get like that again. We have to keep looking and being aware!!

Now confession time... I had a pizza last night! A big fat pizza! I've been struggling with the meat and have started to want to get more balance in my diet, I just feel a bit sick when I think of my next meal and what it consists of. I want veg everyday and I don't want meat all the time. It's made me look at other options but I have a real internal debate going on!
"I don't want to eat meat, but I want to lose this weight!"
"I want fruit and veg, but will that make me gain?"

Argh!!!! I just feel queasy when I think about having more meat today.

Not sure what to do but contemplating other options at mo, just don't think I can stick it for another 6 weeks where 4 of my days a week are pp! :(

Amy if you are struggling just do PV days until you feel you can slip in the odd PP - failing that then do the odd conso day - anything to stay away from a proper breakdown of dieting - don't undo the wonderful work you have done - don't follow my lead - you know it will make you soooo unhappy xxxxx

Hello Amy - I've just read the last five pages of your diary, and have been on the roller coaster with you, and was preparing to congratulate you on confessing, moving on, getting a great weight loss, and starting to plan YOUR food properly so as to enter the home straight of your weight loss with the odds on your side. Then what do I find at the end? A totally different post! (Perhaps you could read back the past three weeks, as I just did...).

It's true - and we've discussed this before - that you don't exactly do yourself any favours most days where your own food is concerned. Chicken for lunch and dinner, cos you can't be bothered or don't really care, isn't going to make you look forward to the next PP day!

Pizza - ok you fancied one. Have you ever tried making a Dukan one? Might be worth a shot! (Galette bottom, cooked in the oven on a baking sheet, tomato topping, plus whatever you want on the top!).

I can only echo what Trudy is saying. You were doing so well while in the zone and of course once out of ketosis it all becomes so much harder again.

My advice would be to get straight back on that horse (with some decent menus). How about working the family meals around YOUR food for a change... As my children eat cat food, I've always worked my OH's food around mine (adding things for him, etc...). Selfish or what?!! haaaaa!

Amy... don't disappear! I was so chuffed to see you posting mid BBQ "binge"! I have never ever confessed mid "eat"!

Hang in there. I'm a mess at the moment (although have three clean days behind me - not Dukan though) but I'm going to be back with a vengeance June 8 after my England holiday. Again not to Dukan but I think I need to take away the scales, write a list of foods not to eat for the next six months, and STICK TO IT!

:D

Back