Getting bloated on healthy food?

Discussion in 'Healthy Eating Forum' started by mrbloat, 18 March 2011 Social URL.

1. mrbloat

mrbloat Banned

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone has some advice for me. I've been on a diet for approx 2 weeks now. I've cut out junk food and fatty foods but because I have a huge stomach that growls most of the day I end up filling myself up with fruit and vegetables. Is this going to prevent me from losing weight? I know it's healthier than being full of fatty food but I also heard that you have to have strict portion control.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Aline

Aline Gold Member

Current Weight:
    7st9lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    maintenance: healthy eating & exercise
    Do you count calories? That's the best way to know if you're eating to much or not;)

Plus, make sure you drink plenty of water, that helps to get rid of bloating :)

4. Faustina

Faustina wants a dancer's body.

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.67%)
    Diet:
    Just eating good food and watching the calories.
    Too much fruit isn't great, I'd stick to 3 fruit and 5 veg a day, try two different types of legumes (buy 2 tins of mixed beans in water from a health food shop, throw in with pasta and pesto, they'll do you a week). No need to be afraid of good fats.

Don't forget a handful of mixed nuts a day, some real yoghurt and use good oils too. Use spices and herbs as well, forget about flora etc, use real butter, more natural. Buy a good cookbook (Mary Berry, a diabetic one, low GI, a fish cookbook, an Indian one to use lentils etc) and do a new recipe each week.

This should be a time of discovery for you, there is so much good food out there to eat, we just have to learn. I saw Jamie Oliver using elderflower oil on a huge bowl of berries to sweeten them, I may try that this summer. If you can, head off to the library and find decent cookbooks or some on nutrition, you'll not know yourself by July. Good luck! :D

Last edited: 19 March 2011
  5. HappyEm

HappyEm Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.14%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey Faustina,
    I just wanted to say that was a really good post!. I'm going to check out that elderflower idea...yummy.

6. AuntyPasty

AuntyPasty Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(16.22%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    ooooo I'm off to find the elderflower oil too or did you mean cordial (which is yum) either way sounds great, thanks x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.