Getting bloated on healthy food?

mrbloat

Banned
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone has some advice for me. I've been on a diet for approx 2 weeks now. I've cut out junk food and fatty foods but because I have a huge stomach that growls most of the day I end up filling myself up with fruit and vegetables. Is this going to prevent me from losing weight? I know it's healthier than being full of fatty food but I also heard that you have to have strict portion control.

Do you count calories? That's the best way to know if you're eating to much or not;)

Plus, make sure you drink plenty of water, that helps to get rid of bloating :)

Too much fruit isn't great, I'd stick to 3 fruit and 5 veg a day, try two different types of legumes (buy 2 tins of mixed beans in water from a health food shop, throw in with pasta and pesto, they'll do you a week). No need to be afraid of good fats.

Don't forget a handful of mixed nuts a day, some real yoghurt and use good oils too. Use spices and herbs as well, forget about flora etc, use real butter, more natural. Buy a good cookbook (Mary Berry, a diabetic one, low GI, a fish cookbook, an Indian one to use lentils etc) and do a new recipe each week.

This should be a time of discovery for you, there is so much good food out there to eat, we just have to learn. I saw Jamie Oliver using elderflower oil on a huge bowl of berries to sweeten them, I may try that this summer. If you can, head off to the library and find decent cookbooks or some on nutrition, you'll not know yourself by July. Good luck! :D

Last edited:
Hey Faustina,
I just wanted to say that was a really good post!. I'm going to check out that elderflower idea...yummy.

Back