Getting head around extra easy

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Maharg, 7 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Maharg

Maharg New Member

Joined SW tonight - went back after 5 years - then I lost 5 stone, but have put it back on over the years Looking at the Extra Easy plan, which was not around 5 years ago. Kind of confused me a bit about how the new plan works. I understood that on what I would call a red day, I could have one healthy extra A choice, one health extra B choice and then that allows me to have a plateful (not weighed) of pasta with a plateful of meat sauce?? Alternatively, I could have chili-con-carne with rice and I wouldn't have to have the rice as a syn? I could count the beans in the chili as my healthy extra B choice for the day??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. evanesco

evanesco I'm the tortoise.

Start Weight:
    10st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.32%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    Aren't beans free on green? Basically, if it's free on red, or green, it's free on extra easy. the conditions are only 1 HEXA and 1 HEXB, and 1/3 of your plate must be super free foods. This is the main thing, not filling your whole plate with red/green free food.

mojomcl likes this.
  4. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Yeah beans are free on green so they are free on ee plan.
    I don't think it is compulsary to have 1/3 of your plate with ss foods but i think if you do it helps speed things up x

5. BikerAngel

BikerAngel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was not told it was compulsory to fill any of my plate with the ss foods but was told it would help if I filled up with more of them. I enjoy what I fancy off the plan and never check to see if half or more of my plate has ss foods but always have blanced diet and try to make sure I have half veg and 1/4 carbs and 1/4 protein on plate

6. angelslice

angelslice Full Member

Sounds like you're overcomplicating it a bit. if you're on an EE day then you aren't either red or green so put those out of your head. ANY free food listed in your book can be eaten freely with no weighing or measuring. Choose 1 a and 1 b and same amount of syns. Really is as simple as that. I think people think there must be a catch somewhere, trust in it cos it allows you to eat so 'normally' with very little planning. Fab!

Oh and the third of your plate with superfree foods is a recommendation, on any of the plans super free and speed foods are always a good idea.

Now go and cook yourself up a treat!!!! x

weemo likes this.
  7. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW

Just noticed your sig!
    We are off to the Nurburgring next month too!! What date are you going?
    My partner has a Ferrari....we went last year....I won't be going around the ring again though!!!:9529:lol

8. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

A compact overview of EE that I actually understand so thank you xx :D

angelslice likes this.
  9. Michjoanne

Michjoanne Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Angelslice, i'm new and this makes a lot of sense. I'm off to have a go! :bolt:Mxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.