Getting married 11 June 2011

Hey ladies! Gorgeous dress Nikki, really elegant.

I'm not doing a speech. I own my own company and everyone thinks I'm really confident, but am petrified of public speaking! So is h2b and he is dreading that bit. We're doing speeches before the meal.

OMG Kerry you made my heart leap, as ours is 9 weeks on Friday and I'm just excited but also panicked about my weight.

I haven't lost since last Friday because I had the planned mothers day meal. Even so, I would have expected to lose something. I find the diet quite easy to do as I love the shakes and you just don't think about food after a while.

However, I've lost only 3.5lb in 2 weeks and this week looks set to lose about 0.5lb, so that will be 4lb in 3 weeks, which is terrible especially on a meal replacement diet. Could lose more on WW or SW.

So this morning I went on and ordered a week of Rosemary Conley Solo products. Has anyone heard of them? They should be here tomorrow. I just want to see how I go for a week and if I lose. That way I can exercise as well. My arms are quite nicely toned, but you're limited on a very low calorie diet, as your body cannot build muscle.
So, as much as I hate exercise, tomorrow it starts. Going to restart the 30 days shred, as before. Was also doing 20 minutes on the cross trainer when I got up, so will do that again. Also going to do skipping, as have a skipping rope. If I lose the same, i.e. 1.5lb upwards I'll stick with it, as at least I can tone more from muscle building.
Sorry to overtake thread with my diet talk, but getting quite worried that despite my commitment, not much is happening!

don't apologise Liz thats what we're all here for to support each other.

I haven't heard of the RC Solo program, just googled it tho and looks good, a lot more healthy than just shakes and bars.

Whats the deal with a 30 day shred?? sounds interesting....

The thing I like about SW though is making my own meals, and H2B eats them as well so is losing weight by default.

Have sent invites out now, and Rob wants to hand deliver the local ones - I think its nice to get something in a shiny silver envelope through the letterbox though, but if it keeps him happy lol.

Keep going though with the weight loss, not sure what to suggest but I think you're doing the right thing changing the diet sometimes that'll give you a boost.

Last week when I put 0.5 lb on I nearly went to the chippy on the way home and had to have a stern talk to myself and made a soup when I got home instead.

I'm feeling more confident this week, think last week was pre menstrual week so felt quite bloated, feeling better this week and will weigh in in the morning so that usually bodes well.

Hope things go better for you this week. Keep going and keep smiling.

Love K xx

I find Rosemary really good and with the meals all ready ur portions are all ok too. You'll be fine Liz that will boost your loss she boasts that the average person loses a stone in 4 weeks on solo slim! Good luck xxxx (wish my wedding was so close)

Hello all,

I'm gutted, I put another half a pound this week. Have decided to start from the beginning again and do one of the 7 day plans from the SW website. So wish me luck.

Hope all your weeks have gone better than mine.

Ok whinge over, smily face again :)

Kxx

Aww Kerry, sorry to hear that, but you did so well avoiding the chippy and having a soup instead. I know what you mean about letters, but you sound like me - make concessions on the little things!
Sure once you get back to the plans you're bound to lose. It's really disheartening, but it's only 1 week, you'll soon claw some more lbs back :)

Elz - good to hear that you find RC good. Heard lots of positive things.

Products arrived today, so have eaten! Feels very strange. Bit disappointed that you kind of have to plan things though and add other things on top, like milk and veg and fruit. I can add skimmed, but have gone off the taste since I've not been having it. Don't really like fruit, but suppose I can have a fruit soya shake for breakfast, which I do like.

You actually get pretty big portions, or maybe it just seems like that to me and I've just had sausage caserole. Sausages looked revolting - all thin and decrepid! They tastes gorgeous though. Had a slice of bread with it, as no veg in - need to go shopping.

I was hoping that it would be like - bar for breakfast, soup for lunch, meal for dinner, hot chocolate for supper. That doesn't come to many calories though, so you add milk and fruit and other bits - I hate planning.

Oh, 30 day shred is the lovely Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser US. It's 3 stages, each 20 minutes and you do stage 1 for 10 days, stage 2 for 10 days and then stage 3 for 10 days. After which you should have toned up massively and, following a healthy eating plan, lost up to 20lbs.
It's really, really popular on a lot of weight loss forums. Works by getting you to cardio, weights and ab work in quick succession. No stopping, not even for a drink. Time goes quite quickly.

ooh shred sounds good will look into it more.

Food went well today, have decided to try red and green days as well as the extra easy.

64 days to go for us..... getting close

Kxx

Eek I've had a disastrous day! Ate at lunch time, so disappointed in myself! Really feel like a waste of space right now

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Nikkiola said:
Eek I've had a disastrous day! Ate at lunch time, so disappointed in myself! Really feel like a waste of space right now

Awww Nikki dont beat yourself up its how u recover from that which now counts. Before id think I've messed up and eat crap the rest of the day. When I went to slimming world our consultant said thats 1 meal out of 21 and you will probably still lose this week. I just saw u started 14st 2, me too. You can do it hun we are all here to support u xxx

I agree with Elz, don't beat yourself up about it.

have a think about why you did it, have you done it before? Think of how much you've lost so far and give yourself a break for a minor slip up. You're doing great.

K xx

It was actually just so stupid, I was pottering at work so that by the time I got to the cafe everyone would hve ordered and I could arrive too late to order xos it's very slow, but when I got there the girls ha ordered my usual fritata and I couldn't not eat it with out causing a huge fuss! Disaster :(

ah bless you, at least it wasn't a whole chocolate cake, or packet of biscuits or 6 pack of crisps....... and you've got straight back on the wagon rather than throwing it all to the wind.

when do you weigh again?

I measured today and have lost an inch of waist, chest and hips, happy days! Been to the allotment today and yesterday too so a bit of exercise, back is killing me now though.

K xx

Nikki, don't beat yourself up hun. It's a hard diet to be doing. I am struggling with RC and it's only day 3. I have been over on day 2 and today.
Miss the safety of a meal replacement diet! Think I need to do RC but not have carbs apart from what is in the products. Have been having bread and it just makes me crave more food.

Liz RC is hard but even though you're a little over you will probably still lose. I have Pitta bread instead of bread might be worth a try? Xx

Thanks Elz. Trouble I have is I have reactive hypoglycemia and one the main symptoms is ravishing hunger when I eat carbs. I struggle even with low GI sometimes.
Will cut out added carbs from tomorrow and see how the week goes weight wise.
I feel 'safe' doing something like Cambridge. If I don't lose this week then I might go back to Exante.

ah bless you, at least it wasn't a whole chocolate cake, or packet of biscuits or 6 pack of crisps....... and you've got straight back on the wagon rather than throwing it all to the wind.

when do you weigh again?

I measured today and have lost an inch of waist, chest and hips, happy days! Been to the allotment today and yesterday too so a bit of exercise, back is killing me now though.

K xx

I know it wasnt all that bad but still miserable over it, ment to weigh on tuesday but mite leave it till thursday and see then! So p'd at myself, been swimming all wk so hopefully by thurs ill be back on track! Swam .5miles on Friday and then 1.0 miles yeasterday! Dress be arriving soon and ordered it in a 16 so would love to have to get it taken in LOADS!

Nikki, don't beat yourself up hun. It's a hard diet to be doing. I am struggling with RC and it's only day 3. I have been over on day 2 and today.
Miss the safety of a meal replacement diet! Think I need to do RC but not have carbs apart from what is in the products. Have been having bread and it just makes me crave more food.

Whats the RC? Havent heard of that! Gonna close down the pity party tonight and get positive tomorrow, I've learned a lesson from it and hopefully it wont happen again in a hurry!! Feicin carbs Liz, i reckon they should be abolished! They're a cause of all our problems!! How does the hypoglycemia affect you?

Whats the RC? Havent heard of that! Gonna close down the pity party tonight and get positive tomorrow, I've learned a lesson from it and hopefully it wont happen again in a hurry!! Feicin carbs Liz, i reckon they should be abolished! They're a cause of all our problems!! How does the hypoglycemia affect you?

Not too serious symptoms happen an hour or so after a high carb meal. Get anxious, depressed, sweaty palms, ravenous cravings/hunger, tingling in my nose.

If it's getting worse I start to slur my words, can't remember words, get very dizzy, panic, get aggressive.

Really bad I start to faint, blue lips, colour drains from body, cold clammy skin - but that has only happened twice, as I can recognise the signs.

Cut out carbs from today, apart from in the Rosemary Conley meals. They are all really low GI though. Do feel a bit better already, although nearly reached for the glucose tablets earlier as felt a bit dizzy, but it passed.

Am seriously, seriously missing my chocolate shakes, so am going to order some. Don't have to do TS, as really want to do a fair bit of exercise. However, I hate having anything else for breakfast and I love the shakes.

So far RC meals are really tasty, until today! I had mushroom and chicken risotto. It smelt vile and tasted vile. Managed a few mouthfuls, by telling myself I'd paid for it, but couldn't finish it. Didn't even give it to the dog. What a shock after how nice the other ones are!

Hope everyone is having a good day today. Less than 2 months for me now till the big day.:love047:

Back