Getting married 11 June 2011

9th september. Hen sounds nice. my friends are organising a surprise for me so no idea what's happening?! Makes me a bit nervous. sounds like your really motivated too at the moment! Any jitters? I have had a rocky week with my OH but think we are ok - he's self employed and had no work this week bit of a worry with a wedding to pay for! Never mind I'm sure it will be fine xxx are u still on solo slim meals?

I am soooooo happy!! lost 3 and a half pounds this week!!! only half a pound off my 10% target, so hopefully will achieve that next week and 2 and a hlaf pounds of 1 and a half stone loss, so that is also thin reach.

Just couldn't wait to share with you!

Have also ordered 30 day shred DVD, so looking forward to that arriving, time to add some real exercise.

Love Kerry xx

Elz - sure whatever they have planned will be lovely. It's hard being self employed. I know the feeling and have paid for a lot of the wedding myself, as h2b has little disposible income after petrol for the month. It is a worry. Things are picking up in the country in general though. Hope things are okay.

Kerry great news on such a great loss! Well done. You'll be there in no time at all. Jillian really pushes you, but it's good.

I am almost at what I was before stopping Exante. 12.12 now. WI Monday, so reckon I can get that down before then with all the exercise that I'm doing. Have only 2 RC soups left, but decided to make things myself, as we're so skint. Got some shakes to be delivered to have pre morning workout and post evening run. Then am planning on making chorizo and lentil soup to have when I get in, as it's fairly light and I'll be able to run 2.5 hours later. Lunchtimes am just going to make or buy low fat, low GI meals.

Well done ladies you're doing great!!!!

I'm going to be fine just so low in mood - this week we had an inspection and with 3 vacancies in our team it's exhausting working there. And then with my OH not working it's made me feel sad and resentful. I really want to eat and I know it's a comfort thing. All I've deviated with today was a little bit of cake because someone brought them in for her birthday....but I want something else....like chips.....just trying to keep myself busy. Does anyone else get like that? And if so what's a good strategy. Sorry if I bring u down xxxx

Aww Elz, don't be sorry, that's what places like this are for - to support each other when things get tough.
Work sounds difficult for you at the moment and the pressure of your OH not working. However, you can't soothe yourself with the sort of bad food you are talking about. It will only make you feel worse. It's harsh to say this, but most people who are trying to lose weight are in that situation because they have used food to comfort them, distract them, make them feel better or even to celebrate. Keeping busy is a good thing to do initially, but doing something positive like a bit of exercise is even better. It's the last thing you feel like, but would make you feel more positive.
Besides, if you're doing RC you could have chips anyway, but healthy. Slice some potatoes, spray with fry light, nuke in microwave for a minute or two and then stick in oven. If you want a creamy dip quark with garlic and black pepper is lovely...or maybe that's just me.

Remember everyone does have days like this yes. It's how you deal with them that makes you different though :)

Oh and my strategy is telling myself 'no-one likes to see a fat bride!' but then I have issues with my internal voice not being too nice to me sometimes lol

Thanks Liz I didn't have chips I had salad and chicken and a syrup sponge (lighter choices tesco) and custard. I know takeaway would've not made a difference long term except by making me feel guilty. It's not that I've ever massively binged more that I'll eat carby creamy meals or takeaway to make myself feel better and that's part of the reason I'm a bit big.

I'm ready for the weekend now but got work tomorrow. Booked boxercise tomorrow but couldn't face going out tonight. Hopefully my sister coming to stay will help my mood lift a bit. She's bit younger than me but very positive bless her.

Thanks for your support xxxx

You're welcome - pop on whenever you need support or a kind word :)
The whole fat loss process is not an easy one is it!

Hi Girls,

aw Elz, don't think you're going to bring anyone down, hopefully we can help bring you up :)

It is difficult when you're the breadwinner, no matter how advanced society gets with equal rights. I get paid lots more than my OH too and I have better opportunity for making extra cash so the responsibility has fallen mainly on me to fund the wedding which doesn't sit easy with him. But we're a partnership and thats what marriage is about - and thats what we're all aiming for at the end of the day isn't it.

You're all doing so well with your exercise, I think thats probably the best bit about RC its part of the plan, with SW its not but need to get into it to shift this belly fat. It seems to come off everywhere else but not there grrrr

Had a call from dress shop yesterday, I'd asked for a swatch of fabric and its just arrived so hopefully will have that soon. Wish my dress would hurry up and come, Rob is driving me nuts, he's really concerned that it'll not be here in time, I keep telling him that you don't start fittings til 6 weeks before the wedding but he keeps on - its stressing me out lol!

Have a good weekend girls, I'm off to a christening tomorrow so will try and be good .......

Hi Kerry thanks for the support. Yes that was the problem we weren't a partnership because he was being very lazy but since we talked has turned it round!

Haha I have the other problem "4 and a half months that's ages no need to rush yet" hasnt even decided about anything to do with the suits yet! We sent out our invites this month too didn't realise most send them 3 months before!

Good luck tomorrow Kerry, buffets always are my downfall and anything with chocolate lol xxxxxx

just had a chicken kebab and potato wedges with garlic sauce and chilli, whoops! just felt hungry and the scan bran and laughing cow lights just weren't doing it for me. Ando someone else at work was ordering in. Comforting myself with the fact they are the 'healthy'options from kebab shop.... and I didn't eat the pitta bread and only half the wedges.

well done getting your invites sent out so early, we just sent ours in the last week or so, eagerly awaiting the postman every day in case any RSVPs come through.

Mind you that 4 and a half months will fly by and it'll be here before you know it. You look well on track for your weight loss, I'm happy for you.

Well done as well on talking your problems through, thats the secret to a happy ending.

Keep smiling :)

Hi Kerry - chicken kebab without pitta not too bad on sw, as our sw lady used to say 1 meal out of 21 won't completely ruin your week it's here u go from here. If u eat sensibly now, or even some exercise, may correct your kebab and wedges (which sounds lovely mmmm). Yeah I know the rsvp cards aren't coming back very quickly some do and others must be waiting or have forgotten!
I agree my weight is coming down but i still don't feel like I'm quite how I'd like to look - I can't get rid of my stomach fat it's driving me mad!!!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend x

same for me the stomach fat, going to give the 30 day shred a shot see how that goes, will let you know if I haev a washboard stomach in a month... watch this space...... x

I'm going to try more core exercises can't do cardio workout at home as in a flat but can do strength and core stuff and cardio at gym. This weight loss journey is really difficult at times xxx

Hey ladies, been so busy this weekend not had chance to get on, sorting out wedding things. Got info back to registrar. My ring came :) it's lovely, am so happy to finally see it, as ordered it from US.

Lost 8lb this week, but can't count it, as had put 7lb on from stopping exante and starting just eating healthily/exercising. Am pleased though, nice to be this low and not be on a very low cal diet, as I know it's not water loss. Inches going down too. Next dress fitting 5th May - just over 3 weeks.
Hope you've all had a nice weekend.

Hi Liz,

You sound a lot happier, pleased to hear about your loss. Its nice when the bits and pieces start coming together isn't it.

K xx

Hey Kerry, yes it's good to get things out of the way. Finding it's a bit much to cope with sometimes. I really don't want to let the wedding stress me out, but it really does occasionally!

Just went and bought OH a bike, second hand, for £60. Only been ridden twice and you can tell - looks brand new. Going to surprise him when he gets in and then we can go for a bike ride together :)

Watergirl said:
Hey Kerry, yes it's good to get things out of the way. Finding it's a bit much to cope with sometimes. I really don't want to let the wedding stress me out, but it really does occasionally!

Just went and bought OH a bike, second hand, for £60. Only been ridden twice and you can tell - looks brand new. Going to surprise him when he gets in and then we can go for a bike ride together :)

Awww that's a really lovely thing to do. Don't get too stressed you need to try to enjoy it!! X

Thanks Elz. Just noticed how close you are to target. I wish I was a little closer. Keep thinking that I'd enjoy this run up a lot more if I was at the weight that I want to be at.
It's not like I left it to the last minute though. Started in January ready for June, but guess it's taking longer than I thought it would!

Watergirl said:
Thanks Elz. Just noticed how close you are to target. I wish I was a little closer. Keep thinking that I'd enjoy this run up a lot more if I was at the weight that I want to be at.
It's not like I left it to the last minute though. Started in January ready for June, but guess it's taking longer than I thought it would!

I feel your frustration I started in September last year. The slower the loss the healthier in theory but it's disheartening when you don't get good losses. I dont feel close to target and when I get to 11st I think I'll want to lose more! Guess there's always something to dislike lol. You're doing really well Liz. Although looking good on your wedding day is important don't lose sight of the massive health benefits of losing weight. And how much better you already look and feel?

I'm taking control and looking at applying for new jobs when I've finished this court report.....happiness is more important and I'm so affected by the stress at the moment.

You can do it Liz xxxx

Back