Getting married 11 June 2011

Hey Kerry, how did the fitting go?
Not heard that song. My Mum is a fan! Sorry to hear you put on. I think a lot did over Easter, so don't worry. You'll get there. Sounds like you have your mojo back after the talk anyway.

Had my fitting today and it does up half way up my back, which is good, but no going over my chest. Cannot believe it hasn't shrunk. She is putting a laceup back on it, so that will help. Next fitting is 3 weeks today and official first fitting, as it will actually fit then. So not more weight loss after that. Not sure how much I can lose before then, as my hen from tomorrow then meal at OH's Dads the weekend after. Not going to be easy.

my fitting isn't til 7 tonight so will let you know tomorrow. Was it exciting? was it fab seeing your dress again??

have now booked my practice make up fo 13th may (friday - so will probably be a proper bridezilla lol)

OMG I'm feeling the excitement - I agree Kerry they made me feel special and reassured too and the registry office is much nicer looking than I thought.

Oh it makes me want to try my dress on now. Except I haven't quite made it to the gym this week and put on a pound over the weekend. I don't feel too disheartened it's been a hard week at work but exercise definitely makes me feel more upbeat.

I was debating having my makeup done but thinking I could do it myself...... I had my make up done as a bridesmaid last year it is nice I guess not having to worry about it. Are u ladies having your hair done too? Is it all sorted? I got just under 4 months and feeling ok at the moment as most things are in hand.

Have a good day x

my dress is beautiful and look beautiful in it. even if I do say so myself.

I've decided not to have anything altered, no sleeves, no jacket. I was debating getting it taken in slightly around bust but after discussion with seamstress have decided to leave it to reduce likelihood of back fat and underarm spillage, its still very secure but not tight.

When I put it on last night you can really tell I've lost weight from upper body and you can see my collar bones! lol. Will now need to get a little necklace and bracelet just to finish it all off.

I'm really excited and really nervous now, think I might have to start taking some St Johns Wort to keep my nerves in check.

Got to get numbers sorted now for night time do, rooms and hen day.....

Sorry to hear about your pound gain Elz, it'll soon come off, well thats what I'm telling myself about my gain. However, dress lady said a stone off will make too much difference to the dress, so am aiming for half a stone which will take me to around 12 stone which I think will be fine.

found a gorgeous website for wedding jewellery, www.aaryanna.co.uk,

they can change the colours of the crystals and pearls to match your outfit.

I wish I had found it before i bought my tiara cos then it would have all matched. You can get samples of the beads to match them though so have asked for a few colours to try and match my tiara.

Awwwwwww Kerry that's great!!!! I'm going to check the jewellery out but have also bought my tiara already. I'm not too worried about the pound it does come off when I eat properly.....already feeling better today. X

Hey ladies! Great news on the dress Kerry. Sounds wonderful and nice that you feel so good in it.

Elz - yes, you'll get that off in no time at all :)

I have put on 2lb this week, but hoping it's just food inside me/water retention. Hen do was amazing. Had such a lovely time. OH's sister did a Mr & Mrs game and put OH on camera to answer questions. Was lovely to see him and so touching.
Ate and drank lots, but had done so much exercise throughout the week that I don't think it will have impacted too much.

sounds fab Liz, my hen do is 21st May, having a day out in York so looking forward to that

well had a text from my sister this morning asking how upset I'd be if she didn't come to hen day cos a friend from work is retiring and having a party........

Hi Kerry did you tell her how you would feel? Hope you're ok weddings cause all sorts of strange feelings and issues in families hope it all works out x

I did tell her, and even had a few tears to myself, she said she'll come but I feel rubbish about it. Its a constant in my life being let down by my family so its no surprise but I think I was shocked that she would even think that I wouldn't care if she was there or not.

Anyway, had our meeting at hotel last night, everything sorted, she's going tos end menu out (we're having the table d'hote menu cos there's not many of us) and they want to know the choices in advance so they can be prepared and will get get the invoice in the next few days (YIKES!) but it doens' t need paying til the week before.

OH was concerned about the evening food, we're having hot roast pork baps with wedges and salad and stuff, he was worried that people would still be hungry, he's very driven by what people think, so we are having pizza slices as well.

I work with the lady who is making our cake and she's brought an example of the decs she has been practicing with her today, she took a photocopy of the invite and has piped the lavender design on to a piece of icing and it looks amazing, I almost cried when I saw it, she was worried it looked a bit too 'rustic' but the invites are hand drawn so it fits beautifully.

Will have to drop my engagement ring at jewellers on friday to be cleaned and re rhodiumed (white gold) then I'll not wear it til the wedding.

OMG its getting really close, everything is going great. Can't wait til the big day, had the dress nightmare again last night lol

XX

Awww I know the feeling about family letting me down but its normally my mum. Last week she wanted to tell me she was getting divorced from my dad and that she was so down she wanted to hang herself.....as if I don't have enough to worry about, she's miles away and has friends but has always dumped her emotional stuff on me.....made worse by my decision to become a social worker and therefore prepared for her disasters. Obviously I talked her down and she's been to the doctor, she's on steroids and they make her a bit irrational.

Anyway I'm glad your sister is coming, is she older / younger? My sister is really young (16) compared to me so this is her first hen do and I've catered for her not being 18 but she still nearly blew me out for Bruno mars concert and it's in august to there's still time for her to find something else. Hope she wont she's probably most loyal of my family.

Nightmares are normal I've had a few too. It's because there's so much pressure to be perfect and the day to be perfect, I read a book called the modern girls guide to getting hitched, it gave a good spin on the emotions u may feel and how to cope. I got ages before mine but may have another read before wedding.

Everything will be fine Kerry, you're marrying the man of your dreams and have a lovely new figure and a beautiful dress. Hope everything goes a bit more smoothly from now xxxx

thanks Elz, its really comforting to hear those kind of words.

Your mam sounds a lot like mine, she's alcoholic and had removed herself form our leives for nearly 3 years but hsa now come back with a vengeance, in an out of hospital for detox etc, then straight to the corner shop for alcohol when she gets out and the same old 'I want to stop drinking but can't' story, on Sat she was admitted after trying to cut her wrists. Like you say, last thing you need with other things going on. My mam knows I'm getting married but she's never met Rob and she doesn't know when wedding is and I'm going to keep it that way. Our day is perfect for us and I don't want to be worrying about her erractic alcohol fuelled behaviour all day.

Isn't it strange how people are brought together on these forums with such similar circumstances, sometimes its difficult to talk to friends face to face and its really nice to know you guys are here to let off emotions to.
Thanks xx

I agree it's difficult my oh was shocked when he heard my mum say she wanted to hang herself his mum never says things like that. My mums ok one minute and not the next it's difficult. It's your day gotta be about u Kerry, I didn't invite anyone who may rock the happy wedding boat either x

Hi ladies, really feel for you both with family issues. It's hard when people make things stressful for you. Especially when it's a close relative like your Mums.

Kerry - we're having roast pork and some other bits for evening buffet.
Cake sounds lovely.
How's everyone doing diet wise?

I'm staying same but my Gunnar DVD came today!!!! I have been sticking to diet and feeling quite good but bad weekend meant no loss. I'm feeling ok. How u doing Liz? X

Hey, ooh glad your DVD came - am excited for you. Get ready to start loving your arms!

I was 12.7 before my hen do, then 12.10 when I got back Monday and down to 12.6 now. Got meal on Saturday, but have been good all week, so doubt I'll put on. Then will have 1.5 weeks to focus before final fitting. Hopefully can get to 11.7 with shakes, and will be really happy there.

I'm excited too going to measure and do DVD tonight.....I need to shake it all up a bit. Has it made difference to your shape? I want flatter stomach more than anything and nice arms (just the tops) everything else I'm becoming happier with now. Well done on being so focused I'm sure you'll get there and bet you're already looking good!!!! How exciting not long now x

Back