Getting married in September 2011, looking for other brides to be to help inspire :)

Mojorock

Hello ladies,

I'm getting married in September this year and desperate to loose the last 10lbs, and really struggling.

I'm following the weight watchers pre points plan, so far lost 5.5lbs, which is nowhere near as much as i wanted to loose, but i still have 4 months to go!!

Finding weekend particually hard and exercise is non-existant at the mo.

Has anyone any suggestions for a good exercise DVD?

xxx

The best DVD is the 30 day shred it's about a fiver from amazon, everyone on here raves about it! Iv bought it I'm just waiting to be brave enough to start it cuz I normally fail everytime x

I'm getting married in September too am hoping to lose at least another stone. I'm doing Gunnar core DVD. I quite liked Rosemary Conley whole body workout as a beginner....zumba also good but I do class so not sure about a good DVD x

Thanks guys,

I go to a Zumba class on a Monday, which is realy good fun, but i really dont do an awful lot else!!!

I really want a DVD that focus's on the stomach area, i think i will try the 30 day shred that every recommends on here...i'll let you know how i get on!!

Elz, when in Sept are you getting married? is your dress sorted?

xxx

Hi I'm getting married on 9th and yes I got a dress in the sale, am hoping I will need it taken in when I go back in July. X

Hi ladies :) my wedding is 2nd Sept and I still hadn't got a dress in the hope that I will lose some more weight....not gonna happen now is it?! I'm so annoyed at myself. Not looking forward to it at all. You all sound like you are doing really well :)

kimmy619 said:
Hi ladies :) my wedding is 2nd Sept and I still hadn't got a dress in the hope that I will lose some more weight....not gonna happen now is it?! I'm so annoyed at myself. Not looking forward to it at all. You all sound like you are doing really well :)

Don't give up kimmy; you still have 11 weeks left, if you aim to loose 2-4lbs a week you could be 3 stone lighter :)

I got my dress in march and got a phone call yesterday that the dress has been steamed an ready for collection :))

I have my dress fitting with the dress maker on 28tg July and then 2bd September, so I'm really hoping it will need to be taken in....

11 and a half weeks until my wedding (September 10th) and I've not tried my dress on yet because I don't want to get all depressed if it doesn't fit.

I've been at SW for 12 weeks and lost 10.5lbs so there's a dress size already gone, but IMO it's not enough. I want to be a definite size 14 before I go try my dress on next month (28th July).

So, I'm starting Exante, just going to do it for a week initially to see how I get on. Still go to my SW meetings for the WI and community type thing, but keeping quiet about what I'm eating lol

My H2B is being supportive, I think he's liking my figure more now I'm getting slimmer... haha Not that he didn't like me before of course!

And DEFINITELY don't give up with "only 11 weeks to go". If you lost 1lb a week you'd more or less drop a dress size. I've struggled because I've not been able to do any exercise due to a medical condition (a blood vessel pressing on a nerve in my skull) but now my meds have been upped and I'm relatively pain free at the moment, I'm going for it! I've been dragging my Mum's dog on walks all week. I'm sure she doesn't mind though. The dog that is.

Good luck everyone and keep up the good work :)

Im getting married on 9th september and I have my dress fitting it 2 weeks. I've lost about 2 stone in total but just got back from a week away and put a few back on. Am getting dress worries now I was hoping to have lost more weight although I have lost more inches than weight. Am wondering if I should put my dress fitting back another week or so? Any advice welcome :)

Losing in inches is quite better for dress fitting, right? You are doing great job. Still have a few more weeks left. It's never too late my dear. Focus!

Good Luck!:D

desperate2Bslim said:
Losing in inches is quite better for dress fitting, right? You are doing great job. Still have a few more weeks left. It's never too late my dear. Focus!

Good Luck!:D

Thanks i feel a bit panicky about it. I was making really good progress too but have well and truly plateau'd am hoping my week away will help me lose again as sometimes eating a bit more shocks the system!? I know I'm much happier getting married at 12st2ish than I would have been at 14st2 so some progress was made lol. I'm really hard on myself. Thanks Hun x

LOL. Don't be too hard on yourself! Still stay healthy and fit. You'll be more "panicky" if you get weak and sick, right? LoL.

How's your wedding prep by the way?

Yeah definitely better to be healthy u r right! Wedding pretty much organised just gotta find good hairdresser for day and maybe someone to do make up. Its about 170 for both which seems so much when we have a tight budget! The rest is stuff that it's too early to do like seating plans etc!
Honeymoon still needs lots doing as we are having a little adventure in America doing la, Vegas and San fran.
Are u getting married this year? What are u following? X

Elz0301 said:
Yeah definitely better to be healthy u r right! Wedding pretty much organised just gotta find good hairdresser for day and maybe someone to do make up. Its about 170 for both which seems so much when we have a tight budget! The rest is stuff that it's too early to do like seating plans etc!
Honeymoon still needs lots doing as we are having a little adventure in America doing la, Vegas and San fran.
Are u getting married this year? What are u following? X

You sound very organised!! I've just booked my hair and makeup, a company called claire nicole, it's £110 for the trial and then £170 for the day...so you're right it is expensive

I've got lots to do still, order of service for the church, groom hasn't go his and his ushers suits and lots more...although we have sorted our honeymoon :)

I'm still waiting for so many rsvps, around half of them. We sent them out about 6 weeks ago now, made a bit of an erro I honk in putting people had to RSVP by 17july, so having to wait till then before I can chase people, but I really just want to know who's coming from a budget point of view. Have any of you found you've had to chase ppl for rsvps?

Yeah my oh has told people if they don't send them back then they won't get free drink but still plenty who haven't replied! Nightmare. We haven't got suits either it's hard work all the little things too lol xx

Hi ladies, mind if I join you? I'm getting married September 10th, desperately trying to eat healthily as I'm already 9 weeks pregnant! My dress is being made (with huge seams!) so I won't have my final fitting until the week before. We're moving house two weeks today so I'm hoping the stress will mean I dong have time to pig out!
It's not long now... ?

OMG I'm getting married 9th september I'm well broody. was hoping to have lost bit more than I have but kinda not stressing myself out over it now. First dress fitting Monday!!!!!!! your so lucky and as long as your careful you'll be fine I'm sure. Have u planned a honeymoon? All wedding prep done? Or getting there? X

Back