Getting married in September 2011, looking for other brides to be to help inspire :)

Think we're just about done, but will focus on it more once the house move is over and done with. Going shoe shopping on Monday, and getting jewellery as bday presents. Honeymoon booked, off to Mexico for two weeks, we had booked Kenya but had to change it as I couldn't have the jabs!
How is everyone else getting on? Much more to do, or pretty much sorted?

September 10th here too. Dress fitting on the 28th... not looking forward to it lol I'm now wearing size 14 clothes and my dress is a 14 so I'm hoping it'll all be ok.

Everything here is pretty much sorted. Still awaiting some RSVPs because my family and friends are useless lol

Yummymummy2012 said:
Think we're just about done, but will focus on it more once the house move is over and done with. Going shoe shopping on Monday, and getting jewellery as bday presents. Honeymoon booked, off to Mexico for two weeks, we had booked Kenya but had to change it as I couldn't have the jabs!
How is everyone else getting on? Much more to do, or pretty much sorted?

We are off to Mexico too (after new York) where are you staying?

I would like to lose some more before the big day. Any last minute tips?

Hi hope I can join
I get married 27october
Got 2stone to lose started a week last thurs lost 6.5 in first week had a bit of a lapse yesterday and thrown myself outa ketosis so gotta get back on track and up the water

Hi ladies,

I get married in November this year and I could use some support from other brides! I have been dieting since before Christmas last year and have almost reached 3 and a half stone loss! Not long to go til target now. My weight loss has slowed but I would love to reach 10 stone by the time I get married. Getting my dress in September so have a little while to reach target and then try and maintain it!

Loads of luck to everyone :) xxx

Well done Morrigan! How have you managed to lose so much? Any idea why kind of dress you are going to get?x

TeeferTiger said:
September 10th here too. Dress fitting on the 28th... not looking forward to it lol I'm now wearing size 14 clothes and my dress is a 14 so I'm hoping it'll all be ok.

Everything here is pretty much sorted. Still awaiting some RSVPs because my family and friends are useless lol

Hey Teefer,

I've got a size 14 dress too, my fitting is on the 30th July and I'm really nervous about it!! I wanted to be a half a stone lighter than I am...guess I'll just have to breath in ;)

We're still waiting 31 people to come back to us with the rsvps and it's soooo annoying!! Have given them until the 17th of this month, if I haven't heard from them by then, then their not coming!!

I still feel like I've got loads to do, but it's all the small stuff, like choosing music and order of service

Good luck with your preps..and your dress fitting!!

Hi
I also got a size 14 dress was supposed to have my final fitting 18th July but I've put it back to 12sept I'm hoping to lose 2stone by then I'm just finishing my 2nd week of ss!!

Amy1985 said:
Hi
I also got a size 14 dress was supposed to have my final fitting 18th July but I've put it back to 12sept I'm hoping to lose 2stone by then I'm just finishing my 2nd week of ss!!

Awww you'll be ok focus!!!!! ss? Solo slim? X

Hi All on this thread...
I'm getting married on 2nd September, and struggling to lose a stone for my wedding... I've lost 5lbs so far, but no where near enough... only 9 lbs to go in 7 weeks... can it be done? I'm doing everything right. Doing the Slimming world diet, and doing 2-3 exercise classes a week (going to step this up this week) and also I go running every now and again.... I did a 5km race in 31mins last weekend... so anyone got any 7 week to go tips for me???
Feeling a bit desperate, as its coming off SOOOOO SLOWLY!
:)
x

Up your exercise and mix up diet - maybe do some red and green days if you normally do extra easy. Mixing up normally helps weight loss when you plateau. A healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week, 7 pounds is still a good loss. Everyone says just before the wedding it drops off anyway with stress. Good luck Hun x

Well done Morrigan! How have you managed to lose so much? Any idea why kind of dress you are going to get?x

Thank you!

I started dieting in October last year, around the same time that I booked the wedding as I figured I would need a LONG time to lose it and no time like the present to start my journey. The wedding has kept me extremely motivated for some reason! I have tried losing weight for many years but something has clicked this time for sure. I calorie count which has given me a lot of freedom :)

I am having a celtic themed wedding so the dress will reflect that - it is quite a flattering style and made to measure. I will be measured in September so have til then to lose the final few pounds!

A Celtic themed wedding sounds lovely.

I hope I can lose all the weight and keep motivation too!

Tried dress on today and I look gross :( I need to find a really low fronted strapless bra which is proving difficult. On the plus side, I got my bag today :)

Hi everyone I get married on the 20th September in Vegas so 7 weeks tomorrow but would love at least another stone off before then! Which is only 2 pound a week but proving a bit harder than it sounds at the minute! I'm on Slimming World and do extra easy I've also cut out my drinking at weekends and upped my exercise! Although I have a feeling it could go out the window come the hen weekend!! :) Hope everyone else is getting on ok!

aw no Kimmy I am sure you don't really look 'gross' you'll find the one to suit and it will all be fine.
Carla I totally think that can be done on slimming world!! especially if you're gyming too xx

Back