Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Getting married next week. What should I eat on my honeymoon?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by missfortissimo, 28 December 2010 Social URL.

1. missfortissimo

missfortissimo addicted to minimins

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.98%)
    Diet:
    Getting rid of starches/sugar/unnecessary fats.
    Hi all,

I'm really quite a newbie to minimins, but I have found that all the posts and threads have been so positive and supportive! Minimins is a great community, so I've decided I'm not afraid to post my own thread and ask a question...

This past semester has been EXTREMELY busy for me. I have been working with elementary students (studying special elementary education) and working 35 + hours each week between my two jobs. Between that, spending time with the fiance and preparing to get married (one week from today!), I have had very little time to exercise. I started out motivated to eat low-carb, but my schedule got so tight and I became so exhausted due to lack of sleep that this failed as well. My parents buy a lot of lunch snacks for my siblings who are still in elementary/middle school and I started grabbing those on my way out the door.

Long story short, I meant to lose weight but ended up gaining at least a Stone (new term I learned here!) this semester.

Obviously there is no use in fretting over it this close to my wedding, because my fiance and I love each other very much and he understands and thinks I'm beautiful anyway. However, I would like to try to begin losing weight again (started yesterday).

I get married on Tuesday and then we are staying at a nice place in town for three nights. I have debated whether I should take these days and the reception "off" and eat what I want when we go out to breakfast/lunch/dinner or if I should order salads all the time.

I hope nobody thinks I'm crazy! I definitely do NOT plan on using the gym at the hotel. The hubby will be able to provide other means of exercise. ;)

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding honeymoon meals?

Thanks so much!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    Well firstly congratulations, and working on the assumption that you only do it once ( or in my case twice ) I say enjoy every minute of it and worry about your diet afterwards !! it's only 3 days and he loves you anyway .

4. missfortissimo

missfortissimo addicted to minimins

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.98%)
    Diet:
    Getting rid of starches/sugar/unnecessary fats.
    Thanks for the congrats and the advice! :) Much appreciated.

5. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    Dont you dare order salads on your honeymoon lol!!! This is your wedding, enjoy it to the full.

Hope you have a really wonderful and romantic time, and just enjoy it. You have the rest of your life to think about diets :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.