Getting married next week. What should I eat on my honeymoon?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by missfortissimo, 28 December 2010 Social URL.

1. missfortissimo

missfortissimo addicted to minimins

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.98%)
    Diet:
    Getting rid of starches/sugar/unnecessary fats.
    Hi all,

I'm really quite a newbie to minimins, but I have found that all the posts and threads have been so positive and supportive! Minimins is a great community, so I've decided I'm not afraid to post my own thread and ask a question...

This past semester has been EXTREMELY busy for me. I have been working with elementary students (studying special elementary education) and working 35 + hours each week between my two jobs. Between that, spending time with the fiance and preparing to get married (one week from today!), I have had very little time to exercise. I started out motivated to eat low-carb, but my schedule got so tight and I became so exhausted due to lack of sleep that this failed as well. My parents buy a lot of lunch snacks for my siblings who are still in elementary/middle school and I started grabbing those on my way out the door.

Long story short, I meant to lose weight but ended up gaining at least a Stone (new term I learned here!) this semester.

Obviously there is no use in fretting over it this close to my wedding, because my fiance and I love each other very much and he understands and thinks I'm beautiful anyway. However, I would like to try to begin losing weight again (started yesterday).

I get married on Tuesday and then we are staying at a nice place in town for three nights. I have debated whether I should take these days and the reception "off" and eat what I want when we go out to breakfast/lunch/dinner or if I should order salads all the time.

I hope nobody thinks I'm crazy! I definitely do NOT plan on using the gym at the hotel. The hubby will be able to provide other means of exercise. ;)

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding honeymoon meals?

Thanks so much!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    Well firstly congratulations, and working on the assumption that you only do it once ( or in my case twice ) I say enjoy every minute of it and worry about your diet afterwards !! it's only 3 days and he loves you anyway .

4. missfortissimo

missfortissimo addicted to minimins

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.98%)
    Diet:
    Getting rid of starches/sugar/unnecessary fats.
    Thanks for the congrats and the advice! :) Much appreciated.

5. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    Dont you dare order salads on your honeymoon lol!!! This is your wedding, enjoy it to the full.

Hope you have a really wonderful and romantic time, and just enjoy it. You have the rest of your life to think about diets :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.