getting rid of 100lbs in a year.

Hi all,

weighed this morning and I'm the same as yesterday, maybe the excess fluid from surgery/baby etc has gone. probably stop weighing daily now. I'd like to wait until I get weighed at group on the 31st but I probably wont be able to wait that long.

my tummy has gone down loads, only a little bit left. I think it can take up to 6 weeks for the uterus to return to normal size when breastfeeding so I'm pleased mine is almost back to normal after 8 days.

some friends are coming round this afternoon, I know one of them will bring cake. I haven't had any syns yet today so might just have a small slice.

x x

Had a lovely afternoon catching up with friends. I had the smallest slice of cake so still under my syns for the day. hubby not cooked yet as we're having interest problems so he's been on the phone to sky for ages. I'm so hungry. I might heat up one of the meals I batch cooked before having Kaelan.

its half term now, usually we do lots but I cant drive yet so looks like a quiet half term at home, well not so quiet with 4 children lol.

I'm hoping to be walking to school by the time the kids go back, it would be nice to take Kaelan out in his pushchair :) I think I might try and take him out tomorrow just for a couple of minutes and build it up daily if I feel ok. school is about 10 mins walk but with my 4 year old more like 15-20 mins so I need to be able to walk for half hour ish without pain before doing the school run walking.

x x

Morning all,

didn't get up until 10am :) mil woke me up knocking the door. it was lovely to not be up at 6.30, kids must've all been tired.

weighed myself again and I'm another lb down, 1lb closer to goal :) only 2lbs away from a quarter of the way now. still haven't decided how I'm going to treat myself. 23lbs have gone off in 9 days so kind of feels like I've cheated if that makes sense. lol. when I get to half way, I'm sure I'll feel more deserving of a treat. I love tattoos and have a couple planned, not sure if I can have them as I'm breastfeeding. could be a good reward.

just had fruit for breakfast as Kaelan wanted to feed so grabbed something I could eat quickly.

weather looks miserable today. I was hoping to take Kaelan for a little walk but its raining at the moment so I'll see if it gets better later. the coat I had before I was pregnant now fits me.

my weight loss sticker chart has just arrived. I'm going to stick the stars on now.

have a good day x x

Brilliant you're in pre pregnancy coat already ... And how fantastic to have such a good lie in with a new baby and 3 other children:) good on losing another lb X

I'm spending the day in prepping ready for next week as I'm making a big effort to get back and stay on track. I'm also demolishing all the fun size milky bar buttons:oops: x

I'm spending the day in prepping ready for next week as I'm making a big effort to get back and stay on track. I'm also demolishing all the fun size milky bar buttons:oops: x

best of luck staying on track next week, I'm sure you'll do it no problem. those funsize chocolates are dangerous, hubby got some last week with mini smarties, I love smarties and the little ones seem to taste even better lol. luckily the kids got to most of them. x x

I think I need to borrow your kids Jenny to come and eat my sweets:D just looked up the syns for those weeny pkts of milky buttons and they're 4.5 each:eek: I love the smarties ones..in fact I love them all:D X

I think I need to borrow your kids Jenny to come and eat my sweets:D just looked up the syns for those weeny pkts of milky buttons and they're 4.5 each:eek: I love the smarties ones..in fact I love them all:D X

if we're on about the same little packets then I'm really shocked, had a couple of them the other day and thought 2 syns max!! haha I'm surprised that my kids aren't overweight with the amount of food they eat. they eat more than me when I'm not on a diet x x

Last edited:
so the weather has been miserable all day so I didn't take Kaelan out for a walk. I know he's not bothered but I wanted to start walking a little. hopefully tomorrow will be less rainy.

another day on track with sw apart from some milk tray, I had 6 I think, no other syns today so surely they wont be over my syns for the day.

hubby is cooking me a nice steak :) its great having him cook dinner everyday. I thought he'd be suggesting takeaway every night but he's been great.

currently all cosy on the sofa with Kaelan fast asleep on me, he loves sleeping on me and I don't mind it either, I could snuggle him all day. mil asked when I'm going back to work earlier, Kaelan is only 9 days old, I haven't even thought about work. I wasn't in a great place when I had my daughters and when I had my son I was just finishing my degree and had problems breastfeeding as he had tongue tie, this is the first baby I can fully focus on without worrying about other things. going back to work would mean taking on vulnerable clients and potentially being available if they were suicidal, I really cant give that much of myself at the moment when I have my beautiful little boy to look after.

dinner almost ready :) x x

if we're on about the same little packets then I'm really shocked, had a couple of them the other day and thought 2 syns max!! haha I'm surprised that my kids aren't overweight with the amount of food they eat. they eat more than me when I'm not on a diet x x

Shocking isn't it:eek: I've even just weighed the mini box smarties as thought it was impossible to weigh that much, but nope..it does
Nestle Mini Smarties (14.4g carton) 3½ syns ..yikes! I thought they were 2 as well and the milky buttons I thought were 3... Sneaked up on us, the rotters:D x

I'm sure I read that milk tray were 2syns each, so you're ok. I'll check in a minute and let you know if it's more.
By the way, I think it's far too early to even let the thought of work flit into your brain. Goodness, he's still only days old. You enjoy your baby and don't worry about having to think about it x

Hi all,

had an awful night with Kaelan, he usually only wakes up for milk and goes straight back to sleep, but last night he was crying, sure he had wind but nothing was coming up, it was such a shame for him. its the first time we've seen him like that. so feeling pretty tired today.

I decided to weigh myself this morning and I'm down 2lbs :) that takes me to a quarter of my goal. I'm only 3lbs away from 2 stone loss :) I've put my 2 stickers on my chart. I'm so pleased that 25lbs have come off in only 10 days. a friend of mine said she kept losing at a fast rate for a month after birth, be great if the lbs keep dropping off me at this rate :) but if not I'm happy to get the first quarter off already.

off to have a shower while the little one sleeps x x

Ah poor Kaelan, I hate it when they're so little and cry. Hope you take it easy and get lots of rest today.
Brilliant that you've reached your 1/4 already and how fantastic if like your friend that it continues to drop off at a fast rate.. Sounds like you'll be celebrating your 2st loss within the next couple of days :)
Have a good day Jenny X

Ah poor Kaelan, I hate it when they're so little and cry. Hope you take it easy and get lots of rest today.
Brilliant that you've reached your 1/4 already and how fantastic if like your friend that it continues to drop off at a fast rate.. Sounds like you'll be celebrating your 2st loss within the next couple of days :)
Have a good day Jenny X

Hi Tibbs,

thanks, I'm so pleased to be 1/4 of the way there already.

It was horrible seeing Kaelan so upset, luckily he was fine last night and slept loads.

hope you have a good day too x x

Hi,

I weighed again today and the scale kept changing between 15'10 and 15'9, it settled on 15'10 so the same as yesterday, hopefully tomorrow I'll be 15'9 :) I might try and stay off the scales for a few days.

Being on sw feels so easy, not like a diet at all.

weather is looking a little better today so I'm taking Kaelan out for his first walk :)

x x

Enjoyed reading this, you have done amazing already! is your first WI a week away?

thanks Charlie :) yeah first weigh in since I had my son is on 31st, hoping to get my 2 stone award, need another 3lbs off in 8 days, fingers crossed. how are you getting on? x x

Ahh fingers crossed for you! I have my WI today at 7.30pm. However, I am so bloated due to TOTM which is annoying. I know I will have lost weight for sure, just perhaps not the first week target of 5lbs. I will keep you updated!

Back