getting scared of cheese

mrtc

i used to love cheese, in fact i think its one of the main reason i got fat, too many cheese and wine nights etc

ive since lost over 4 stone and am happy with my weightloss but ive developed a daft feeling about cheese, i feel like i cant even have abit of cheese as its too fatty.

im concerned as i dont want to end up with a eating dissorder, has this happened to any of you lot, is there any food that you love to eat but now cant bear to eat in case you put eight back on

The problem is one of control, I think. I think you are more worried that eating a little cheese will make you want to eat more cheese and undo a lot of your work, particularly if you believe it is the main reason you became so heavy in the first place.

Personally, I have cut out cheddar and cream cheese as I was eating too much of these, but I still allow myself grated mozzarella, on top of pasta bakes and things. I know other people who buy those cheeses in a bag. They come in ready portion sizes and since you can't do much else with them, they make a perfect little snack.

Cheese isn't the issue, your fear of losing control is. If you are happy, not eating cheese then continue. But if you want to eat it, buy it ready grated or in small portions so that you can control how much you eat. :)

The thing with me is, if i have a bit, ill want more, then i reach the point of no return and give up on healthy eating

I too love cheese and feel your pain. I don't think you are going to have an eating disorder as cheese doesn't have to feature anywhere in a healthy diet. You're making choices for the right reasons which will help you keep the weight off forever. I eliminated it to start with and I was vegetarian at the time so that was hard. Now I allow myself 2 small babybell lights once a week - 100 calories that's instantly measurable and the kids eat the rest of them to save me from myself.

Anything is ok in moderation, I eat a little cheese everyday and still lose weight. It's good form of calcium and shouldn't be ruled out.

Back