Getting skinnier and healthier with SW

Hi Lucy, welcome to my blog :) seems like your doing really well so far, I don't always eat a lot of syns but think long term it will make it easier to stick to it to have them. Some girls on here work it out as weekly syns, maybe you should try that?
My main thing at the minute is I know I'm eating huge portions sometimes, and not always getting in my super frees, think that's slowing me a bit. The power walking sounds like a great idea. My hubby doesn't get it much either but he's managed to lose about a stone by sort if sticking to what I tell him to. Lol.

Bev, wish we had cinema closer that did things like that, kids don't care that its not the latest film, it's more the whole experience at that age, hope you have fun with them.

So I went round the house this morning and took photos of bits we won't be taking with us to the new house eg. Shelves, gaming chair, some jugs, tv stand etc. put them on a Facebook local selling page and had a huge response. Not everything has been collected yet, and not everything sold today but we have made £70 just from selling little bits for between £3 and £10 for bigger items. Crazy! We would have just chucked stuff.

We then took a drive up to the new house, it's empty so managed to get a good look in the downstairs, it looks lovely, and there's room for my lovely fridge so I am very happy :) our fridge looks like an American one but its got fridge on top and freezer below like normal but it's got double doors on both, it's lovely and big and I love it, was so excited when we got it! It's the furniture thing all over again Bev! Ha ha.

We checked out the area, went for a drink in the local ( mine was a diet coke) and its a lovely pub, dogs look like they're allowed. Mylo might still be a bit lively to come to the pub with us. It's about 4 miles into Lincoln, which is a fantastic city for people who don't know it. Had a sneaky look in tk max and bought a new top for volunteering at the school :)
tried it on when we got home, and it looks nice but I can tell it will look better with more weight lost so I'm pleased. I'm reluctant to buy clothes right now even though I'm desperate, because I don't want to get to skinny for them but this will fit better as I lose, yay!!

Think I really need to up my super free, I might have a success express day, my weightloss seems to have plateud from weigh ins at home ATM, and I think I need to do something to budge me over that. Maybe make some homemade humous and dip cucumber and carrots in for lunches. I find that quite filling.

Xx

Re: New to SW.... trying to find a new healthier me

Speed soup is a great way to up superfree! Really nice to have soup with grilled cheese on rivita dunked in, mmm. I tend to improvise a soup with whatever veggies are hanging around and put it in a big jug in the fridge, aiming to get through as much of it as possible over the week. It is great to have in a mug as a starter when your hungry and the minimize the portion size of whatever you have after!

I know what you mean about not buying clothes- I'm forbidding myself from going into shops until my clothes get far too loose. Feels like a waste of money and will buy a whole new wardrobe when I'm slimmer! :D

Re: New to SW.... trying to find a new healthier me

iv just this week started hifi light bars and alpen light bars and enjoying them !

Try Special K Chewy Delight bars, you only get 1 as a healthy extra but the milk choc ones are AMAZING, feels so naughty and controls my chocolate cravings :D

tried the chickpea dahl loaf for snacks but didnt succeed it went straight in the bin :( need to try again using less chickpeas

i make the chickpea dahl stuff all the time but i use a can of asda's chickpea dahl (which is free) and mix it with some savoury rice which i've cooked 1st and 3 eggs. the 1st time i made it, it took hrs to cook (cos there was so much) but i started putting the mixture in muffin tins which was much more handy (provided you can get it out all in one piece lol)
i've now started using half the mixture for dahl loaf and adding onions and some spices to make small onion bhajis with the rest. i do this every week along with some quiche and it does me for snacky bits to take to work/when i'm hungry and even as part of dinner if i'm doing a green day x

Last edited:
Sleepy Sunday :)

I bought some ryvitas ages ago and still haven't had them, might try them this week.
I might try the Dahl. You said you add egg, I don't like eggs but I do eat cake, what's it's consistency?

Soooo I've had quite a nice relaxing Sunday. Got up and made a massive veg curry, full of super free :)
broccoli, cauliflower, 3 cans chopped tomatoes, 3 peppers, 5 mushrooms, 3/4 courgette, onion. Added 2 little sweet potatoes, 1 small potato and a can of sweet corn.

I was craving hash browns this morning so I had a sneaky sandwhich but I was so so good with it. 1 slice 400g brown bread, tomato purée instead of sauce, 1 LM red onion sausage and 1 hash brown. Had my bread as half hex b, and hash browns are 4.5 syns for 100g, so I would guess 2.5 syns.

Helped my mum and dad with some painting for a few hours then home to snuggle up with hubby while he watched the footie.
i have not stopped sneezing this afternoon, think I'm getting a cold :-(

The other day I bought Kara coconut milk chocolate flavour as a change for my hex a, you get 200ml. So tried that tonight and it is gorgeous, I really enjoyed it, I could happily have that as a chocolately treat on an evening. Also had a freddo :-S

food diary:
B- hash brown and sausage sandwhich (2.5 syns), melon, mango
L- leftover lasagna
D- vege curry with steamed rice
S- Kara choc milk and freddo (5 syns)

not too bad for a weekend when I'm feeling a bit poo. Don't think it will be long til bed, feel like such an old lady at the minute with all these early nights!
X

I might try the Dahl. You said you add egg, I don't like eggs but I do eat cake, what's it's consistency?

its just to hold it all together really....if i make it as a small loaf, it helps when you slice it, or when it's in the muffin tins, stops them falling to pieces. consistency's similar to if you were eating pakora....does that make sense?
i do like it, i cut mine up or take a couple to work, it's quick and handy and filling too if i'm having some as part of a meal :) x

Oh my word, what an eventful night for you with drunken OH! I hope he's well and truly made up for it now! Haha dragging him round various supermarkets is a good punishment! :) veg curry sounds lovely...I was naughty and went to an all you can eat Indian for lunch yesterday...damn it was so good but feeling guilty now...so I'm thinking cooking up a veggie one might be the way forward for a future curry fix!

You'll have to post some pics of the new house once you're in! Must be nice to get a sneak preview of it empty so you can plan what you're taking and where things will do etc!

Hope you're feeling ok and have a good Monday! :) xxx

Think I will definitely try the Dahl, it sounds lovely and great as a snack. And yeah ging he's made up for it, bless him. I can never stay mad for too long.

Didnt sleep well last night, still not feeling great, throat feels like razors :-( had a nice relaxing morning catching up on my recorded tv. I've taken Mylo for a lovely walk this morning in the local woods, I haven't managed it in so long because of being ill. I'm tired now but it was so nice to see him so happy sniffing everything, running about. But then he rolled in poo and he stinks!!! Tried to wash it a bit when I've come home and sprayed him with his puppy fresh so now he's not too stinky! Thank god!

Food plan:
B- alpen light
L- leftover lasagna, lettuce, cucumber, tomato.
D- got some lamb rump steaks to use up, not sure what ill do with them, might google for some ideas.

Had a sneaky wi this morning and the scales are going down again woop. I was 13st 2.8 lb, which I know is in the morning and I missed wi on Thursday but on my last wi it was 13 st 8 lb, so looks like I could be in for a decent loss. In a perfect world I'd love to get 4.5 off then I would get my 1.5 stone off and my club 10, but think that's asking a bit much after such an awful weekend last weekend. I'm hoping for 3lb off :) fingers crossed. X

Didn't really do anything exciting for tea, had our lamb steaks with SW chips, mushy peas and broccoli. Now enjoying a glass of chocolate flavoured coconut milk, it's lovely. Not had any syns this eve but I'm trying to only eat syns when I want them. Felt like I was just eating in the evenings because I could, and I'd rather not get into that habit.

Yet another early night, as I'm up at 5.20am for work and starting to lose my voice now so think its laranxgitis. ( can't spell, lol). Night all xx

That dahl sounds interesting! I'm sure you can't really taste the egg, it's used in loads of recipe's to bind things together. I like egg as long as it's smothered in ketchup lol :p

Hope your voice comes back! Laryngitis doesn't sounds fun! :/

Yet another exciting day in my household. Lol.
Woke up at 5.20, and while putting on my dressing gown I got disoriented in the dark and ended up punching the side of my hand into the corner of the bedroom wall. Ouch! It's now swollen, and got a lump so think I've probably fractured it, luckily it's nearer my wrist so I can use my fingers! I am so accident prone!

Came downstairs to find my kitchen smelt of gas!! Worked out it was from the boiler, luckily after boiler man came and checked it, and it was fine! Phew!
Work was ok, almost lost my voice completely but it came back by lunch.

Took my dad to pick up his new car, and popped into tesco for a few bits, you would have all been proud of how healthy my trolley was! :) hubby had the day off work, he woke up and couldn't move his neck bless him, hope he recovers quickly, looks like he's in a ton of pain.
Took my lovely pooch for an hour long walk in the woods this afternoon, really enjoyed it, but legs are a bit achy now.

Food diary:
B- alpen light (1/2hex b)
S- cheese and chive popcorn (2.5 syns)
L- vege curry and rice
D- vege curry and rice, brown roll (hex b)

today was an unintentional green day so I enjoyed a lovely roll with my dinner :) think ill be having choc coconut milk again tonight as my hex a, but think I might have a treat too, not sure what.
Footballs on so will be watching that, but might disappear and make myself a salad to take for lunch tomorrow at the school.
Hope everybody has had a lovely sunny Tuesday x

Another crazy day for you Emma! You're doing great sticking to plan despite everything that's going on. Isn't it great that you can have extra Hex's on Green, I don't think I'd manage with just one HexB!

Hope your hand is better today! Been an eventful couple of days for you : )

Hungry!

Life always seems eventful at the minute. Lol. And luckily the swelling on my hand has gone down a bit.
Came downstairs this morning to the smell of gas again! Had national grid and engineers out again and they still can't find anything. We've been advised to turn it off at the tap over night! It's horrible, feel so unsafe knowing its happened twice.

Had a good day food wise but I'm starving now! Think I might have a very early dinner rather than snack on crap.
Food diary:
B- kiwi, strawberries, mango, blackberries, followed by a slice of melon.
L- salad of white cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, ham, sliced up babybel light. Strawberries and a yoghurt.
D- planning to have turkey burger filled with babybel in a bread roll (hexa and b) with some SW bns and potato chips with some salad . Yum.

Need food before I turn into the diva off the snickers advert. Lol. Catch up later! :) x

Haha that snickers ad makes me chuckle!

I know what you mean about the gas...I worry about these things so much...paranoia to the max!

Dinner sounds delish...I need to start mixing it up again! Think I'm going to try your veggie curry this weekend to have next week! I'm starvin marvin on my way home from work...and after you mentioned sw chips I'm defo making these for din!! Xxx

I'm even more paranoid about the gas because last week a house on the other end of my street went up in flames, the boiler had exploded.
I am crap at trying to eat diet food, I like to eat things I like, so I fancied a salad for lunch but I couldn't force myself to eat it. The other week my bro came round for lunch, I didn't have a lot in, so just made is a little bowl if SW chips each and put in a ww petit pain as my hex b, it was heavenly :)

its great when you can have things that feel naughty but are on plan :) xx

Goodness can't believe the boiler exploding. At least if the national grid men have checked it out than that should give you peace of mind.

I've just nabbed a recipe for lunch tomorrow from here...marmite pasta! I've added some blue cheese laughing cow to it...sounds gross...but I tried it and its yum! So much flavour! Thank goodness we don't have to eat just rabbit food, I'd fail after 1 day! Xx

Ahh the gas thing would really freak me out. We have a gas boiler and our landlord sent someone to 'fix it' shortly after we moved in, I didn't actually know there was something wrong with it lol, but he came round and did whatever. The next morning at about 7am I woke up to this really loud banging sound in our kitchen, sort of like a washing machine sound? Turned out the be the boiler frantically shaking and the little dial was spinning round and round. Liam managed to turn it off quickly but I was worried for weeks! I also get crazy paranoid about carbon monoxide, madness! I hope your boiler is okay, fingers crossed it's nothing serious!

WW petit pains are one of my all time favourite HEXb - so good! x

We're going to get a carbon monoxide monitor just for safety, been meaning to get one for a while.
So had an early start, finished work now, just making a yummy vege bolognese for lunch, then going to pick up my brother with my dad.
Ny brothers been away at a 2 day interview tests, medicals etc. he's applying to be in the raf, but rather than go in st the bottom, he's going in quite high up, starting salary of over 30,000 a year, how nice for him. Sooo hope that he gets in bless him.
Got wi tonight, fingers crossed for a good loss.
Food diary:
B- yoghurt and a banana
S- alpen light bar and a pear
L- vege spaghetti Bol with some cheese.
S- think ill take some fruit for the car journey
D- maybe a jacket potato with veg bolognese and a bit of salad?

Hope everybody is having a good Thursday :)
x

Back