Getting skinnier and healthier with SW

Saturday.

Had a nice little lie in, and lazy morning reading through diaries.
I waited for hubby to wake up to eat so had brunch at midday but I am super full, so maybe some fruit this afternoon and then I should be ok until dinner.
My friend is having a pretty rubbish day with her hubby, so we probably won't be going for dinner tonight.
Not really got plans today at all, so probably just a walk in the pouring rain with my pooch! Lol.

Brunch- 1/2 hex b roll, 3 slices turkey bacon, 2 Quorn sausages (2 syns), plum tomatoes, mudhrooms
Snack- fruit
dinner- no idea tbh.... Haven't got anything in, so will need to make something
maybe chicken Kiev and chips, or chivken kebab fake away, or a curry. Will see that hubby fancies.

Xx

Oh I think that nappy thing is totally gross! Plus lots of older people will be there, so not sure how that would go down. But the baby photo idea isn't bad, there just might be too many people. She's asked for 25 invites, obviously me and her mum etc won't need invite and we're bringing partners. Even 40 pics might be too much, you think? Sorry for sort of shooting down your ideas!!! I do appreciate them I promise!! Lol. Xxx

Lol, no worries :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome! It's lovely having you!! Just been reading your diary a bit from when you first started!! Saw your pic from when you'd lost 3st, and you've come so far since then. Any inspiration for making it more a way of life than something you need to think about? Xx
I think I've just accepted that I'll have to think about it forever, and I'll always have to watch what I eat. You have to learn to love the healthy lifestyle! My cousin is at target too, we joined sw together and we were having this convo today, we ALWAYS have these convos lol but we were saying nothing happens when you get to target, nothing changes apart from you don't have to pay anymore. But we both agreed that we enjoy our healthy diets, and we love working out, and we wouldn't want to go back to how we were before. Don't know if that's much help? Lol

Food sounding good! I've never had the turkey rashers, want to try them but always forget to buy! X

I think I've just accepted that I'll have to think about it forever, and I'll always have to watch what I eat. You have to learn to love the healthy lifestyle! My cousin is at target too, we joined sw together and we were having this convo today, we ALWAYS have these convos lol but we were saying nothing happens when you get to target, nothing changes apart from you don't have to pay anymore. But we both agreed that we enjoy our healthy diets, and we love working out, and we wouldn't want to go back to how we were before. Don't know if that's much help? Lol

Food sounding good! I've never had the turkey rashers, want to try them but always forget to buy! X
Thanks Hun, I really hope that I eventually get there! I'd love to be healthy and active for when we have kids xx

Saturday
So after brunch and a shower, Chris walked Mylo and then we went to take this mirror back and do a bit of shopping. Very productive but expensive few hours! Lol. Mylo was hilarious staring at the clock and pacing when he realised we'd put it up- too busy with a new bone before.

Got new mirror, and clock, some new underwear for me, and then I bought myself some new makeup. Bought mascara, foundation and blusher palette, and came home with tons of freebies. I love trying out new things! Plus i really need makeup that I can put on first thing and still look good at night!

Chris is is wanting a new smart TV and keeps going on and on. Anybody got one? Apart from having a Netflix app how is it better??

After all that shopping I couldn't be bothered to cook at all, so decided on takeaway, my brother wanted dominos, and not only did I say no to dominos, we went for Thai, but also persuaded my brother to go for Thai too! Was gorgeous! Nom nom. Super full still now, but walking pooch this evening helped ease that

football has now finished so shouldn't think it will be long before we're in bed.
Planning to have a day at home tomorrow. Going to try chickpea Dahl/mushy pea curry- inspired by rochekles diary- early days, want to do 1/2 syn roulade!! Need to finally make it! And see what else I can whip up

night ladies
xx
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Your take away looks lovely! Aww I love that mylo is interested in the clock LOL x
It was gorgeous rochelle! 2nd time we've ordered from them and both times it has been delicious! You can tell it's all fresh and healthy so don't feel too guilty eating it. And don't get that awful bloated feeling like I would have with pizza x

It was gorgeous rochelle! 2nd time we've ordered from them and both times it has been delicious! You can tell it's all fresh and healthy so don't feel too guilty eating it. And don't get that awful bloated feeling like I would have with pizza x
I don't think we have a Thai around here, would be a nice change x

Sunday
So after a bit of a lazy morning at home, we decided to go see my grandma. Had a lovely few hours sat in her garden with her, took Mylo with us, as she loves Mylo. She even had a gate put up for him so he can't get to the front of the house without us!!

picked up my brother on the way home, and then the car light went on and flashed up a warning, the engine was too hot :-/ pulled over in the shade for 5 minutes and it cooled down. Panic! Glad I wasn't on my own, as Chris said if you check the coolant when the engines hot, it will like burn the skin off your hand! I have no idea about cars!!
Well checked now and we've got to go get coolant tomorrow.

Had a little BBQ when we got home. Had tons!! Marinated chicken in chimuichurri paste, only 160 kcal for 100g, 110g pot and had maybe 1/8, so 1.5 syns - yum, had 2 vege burgers. .5 syns each, 1 apple sausage- no idea, 1/2 burger- no idea, cous cous (1.5 syns) salad, and syn free coleslaw that I made this morning. So only 5 syns then sausage and half burger
Just looked them up. 8 syns for sausage and 3 for half a burger! Gutted! That's loads! And only are because Chris didn't like it and was sat next to me!!
had a diet lemon drink with splash of vodka- no idea on syns for alcohol anymore tbh??

Really craving a freddo, but think after that I should stick to some fruit now.
Oh well, learnt something anyway.! Taken Mylo for his walk and now a chilled evening with the hubby
xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    818.5 KB · Views: 21
Ooh your barbecue sounds yummy. Scary to think if you'd have tried fixing the car! But we don't know these things unless something's happened do we so you know now for next time if you're alone! X

Hi! Subscribed :)

on the alcohol syns my consultant said it's 4 syns for a double (50ml) but the SW book says 4 syns for 35ml, I usually go by 5 syns a double :)

Monday-
well I had a rubbish nights sleep, but I really can't complain! Chris has got ongoing neck problems, gets his first injection into on Wednesday, but a new symptom he's been getting is pins and needles down his arms when he gets really tired. They think is due to the nerves being damaged now but nothing they can really do.
We went to sleep about 12.30, and he'd been up and down the stairs all night as he couldn't sleep at all! I woke up with him a few times, but as nothing I could do, he told me to go back to sleep. I woke up about 4.30, it was light outside and he still wasn't asleep. Not sure when he managed to get to sleep, but he's asleep now and I'll be staying quiet as a mouse for him!!
Cant wait for Wednesday to come so that hopefully he'll start to get a bit of relief!

He did however manage to persuade me yesterday that we should get a smart TV, and when we looked the one we liked has got 3D and one of those now TV boxes built in too. We now pay about £78 a month for full virgin package, so he said he'd get rid of sky sport, and just watch occasionally through now TV, and well get Netflix. It means giving up quite a bit of things we watch, but I think long term it's much better financially. He thinks well be saving around £40 a month, so within a year well have paid for TV effectively.
Cant go for bigger TV as house isn't big enough, and this one suits needs ATM, so does limit how much he can spend! lol.

Was supposed to be meeting friends for lunch, but they've text saying their too hungover! Lol! but might suggest lunch with hubby depending on when he gets up bless him!

Food today-
tbh no idea!! Made chickpea/ mushy pea curry yesterday so got some of that to eat up. But otherwise got loads of stuff in that I could choose from! as bought a bit of vege stuff the other day. I got some meat free lkievs from morrisons if anybody can help me on syns? They've got garlic butter in them. In my book I've got 4syns but that's for a garlic and cream cheese ones. These look way worse for you! Lol.

Right! Need to find myself something to eat :)
hope everyone is enjoying their bank holiday!!
Xx

Lovely to have you here Hun!! And thanks for the help on syns! I don't drink that often, so used to just not count! Ha! Need to learn more from you! Xx

is it bad it's the first thing I looked up when starting SW?! :eek: haha I don't drink much anymore and try to be good :D

I think it was when I started last year, but I realised that mostly I wasn't bothered about drinking once I'd cut down. I am in need of a big drunken mess night out, but think I'll plan it in when I've met a weightloss target as a reward. Be good all week and then just be naughty as I like for 1 night! He he xx

I found that when I was out last night and when I looked at the menu I was just thinking of the syns lol my friend is up next Saturday night but I WI on Saturday mornings so hopefully I'll have the whole week to pull it back :) first week on SW I went out and drank what I liked and then came home and had potato wedges haha :eat: that week was my biggest loss out of three :eek: I don't get it lol x

You normally have a good loss the first week, I think because it's a bit of a shock to the system and usually a bit of water weight too. I think sometimes if you don't eat a lot, or say eat too much fruit then it has a bad effect on losses too xx

I think that's my problem I've been having loads of fruit :greenapple: I've still been having losses but not very much. I'm trying to cut back on fruit this week and more onto raw veg

Back