Getting skinnier and healthier with SW

Hi all thanks for the encouragement, I am so pleased I was strong last night because at wi tonight, I lost 1 lb, I was convinced the best I could hope for was to Sts!! Woohoo!
Busy busy day, volunteered at school, work this evening, and I literally drove just to Wi while I was on my break at work. Tired now, so quick food diary:
B- strawberries, grapes, yoghurt
S- pear
L- chicken (1.5 syns), lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrot, 2 babybel lights (hex a 2/3), spring onions, a yoghurt, popcorn (2.5 syns), mini malteser bunny (3 syns), clementine
S- mint hifi bar ( hex b)
D- high veg pasta and sauce, cheese, Reece's mini cup (2.5 syns)

9.5 syns today, would like to have a few days with much lower syns, got a few meals out coming up x

Well done on your loss - that's fab! Keep up the good work x

Fakeaways rule!

Thanks ladies!
Been at the school all day, pretty exhausted tonight. Just had dinner early it was THE most yummy dinner I've had in ages. It was a kebab fakeaway but much lower syns than I managed last time.
Lamb mince (1 syn), mini pitta (4 syns), SW chips, lettuce, tomatoes, garlic cloves, spring onions. Made a salsa and a dip to go with it, gorgeous.

Having a nice relaxing night in with the hubby, catching up on tv :) hope everybody is looking forward to a nice weekend :) x

Brill fantastic awesome stuff on the loss!! :) so impressed with your willpower in the pub, but clearly it paid off!! Chuffed for you (and jealous like Becca!)

Fake away sounds delish! I defo need to get into planning mode for next week and think up some similar good ideas! Have a lovely relaxed evening, even deserve it!! Xxx

Must be something about the cold that makes you crave chocolate, it's all I can think about! You're doing so well I'm sure a hungry day won't put you off track. X

Hi Emma,

I'm new to minimins but not SW! I'm on my third stint and have my first weight in. I completely see how you are feeling today... When you feel less than perfect in 'the rest of your life' dieting is the hardest thing to get right... Which is why I'm on my third try... The last time I left the group was because I was having a rotten time at work and I was looking for a new job but getting nowhere and I just spiralled down hill... And put on all the weight I'd lost and more!

So if I can offer any words of wisdom... Try to stay happy with the weight you've lost and use this as your positive focus point! Cooking and washing up is just the hardest thing when you are struggling... Do what you can to make life easier for you... Batch cook and freeze portions, make sure your fridge is full of healthy stuff.

your weight loss so far is awesome! Well done
Thanks Sam, I really appreciated what you put! How are you getting on Hun? X

Hi all,
finished my last shift at work :) yay! At least it's all over with, I am exhausted, I know I have been wearing myself too thin, could do with a long lay in, but volunteering at the school this week, they break up on Wednesday so getting some time in before they finish for Easter.

So, food didn't quite go to plan yesterday, Chris wanted some Ben & Jerrys, so off he went and comes back with choc fudge brownie and I just couldn't resist eating with him. I mean we didn't go mental but I think I'd have had 100g. When I looked it up it was 12.5 syns for that :-S
so food diary for yesterday, and bare in mind I know that I didn't stop eating all day! Woops.

B: banana in yoghurt
S: pear, chicken mugshot
L: pasta with chopped tomatoes, pasata, chilli, mushrooms, bacon, broccoli, and cheese. But went back for seconds.
S: roast butternut squash, mini kinder (2 syns)
S: Ben and jerrys (12.5 syns)
D: chicken kebab, minus pitta with chilli sauce (3 syns)
S: Reece's peanut butter cup (2.5 syns)

so I had around 20 syns but generally just ate too much!! Naughty em!
Doing much better today
B- alpen light bar
S- alpen light bar, roast butternut squash
L- savory rice, bacon, asparagus
D- going our for dinner for my nieces birthday, but already picked out what I'm having. Going to have chicken and steak combo, both are grilled, and will get it with a jacket potato and salad, then the only syns ate what it's cooked in.

Hope you're all having a lovely Sunday :) xx

I know what you mean about not stopping eating - I've had a few days like that recently.

I noticed on the SW website that Weight Watchers wholemeal pittas are now a HexB - thought that might come in handy for your kebabs... :)

Really happy for you finally finishing work. I think you need some 'you' time!

Ahhh thanks Bev that's great news! :) Thanks for the update, well definitely try them. I love it cos I eat a ton of salad and don't feel like I'm forcing it down.

Dinner for nieces birthday tonight. Was fairly good, stole a pot of guacamole off my bro who didn't want it, and 1 chip. Then they had cake so I had a bit of cake but Chris ate my icing, so that must be a good thing. Then Chris got a sundae, so I had a bit of that too, but at least I didn't order my own :)

just watching end of a program called the chase. Sat on the sofa with the spare duvet. It's been so cold here lately, it's been a godsend, it's stopped us having the heating on constantly, I Dnt like being cold!! Don't think it will be long until I'm in bed. Xx

Congratulations on finishing up at work. Now you can have fun at the school with all the Easter prep. How long now until you move?

What I wouldn't give for a duvet day today!

Re: New to SW.... trying to find a new healthier me

Hey girl! Great that you've been trying new recipes...! Hope that the guac you stole off your bro was a small pot though, avocado is ridiculously synfull :( I miss guac so! It would be just heavenly with sw lasagne doritos.
I think all the snow makes us hungrier- no? Our body wants feeding up so we have extra blubber, that's probably why you ate lots the other day!
Choc fudge brownie B&Js is amazzzing! My bf and I used to polish off a tub of it in front of the tv without batting an eyelid! I dont miss it too much strangely though!
X

Hi all,

Emma- not long til we move at all now, get the new house on the 19th April, and furniture arrives on the 23rd. I really need to start packing! Lol.
Sophie- definitely think your right about the snow, it makes sense, if your bodies cold it thinks it needs more energy to keep you warm. I wasn't too bad yesterday, so hopefully as it gets warmer ill eat less :)

Had really bad pains in my belly last night when I got into bed, remnants from being ill not a bellyache. Unfortunately wasn't any better this morning. In far too much pain to go to the school, I'm really gutted. Went to the docs and a different doc examined me and found a lump of muscle sticking out in my abdominal wall, it was very very painful with all his prodding. :-( a bit different to what they diagnosed before.

Mum and Chris are both convinced that its my bodies reaction to icecream, and the muscle damage is a separate unrelated issue. The pain has been much better since I've been on a low fat diet, so maybe I do just have an iffy gallbladder with fats, not stones, just unsettled or something. Anyway has meant a duvet day for me.

Food diary:
B: Heinz spaghetti
L- carrot sticks and homemade tomato humous. 2 mini kinder chocs (3.5 syns)
D- roast pork joint with something, not sure what, asparagus, maybe cheesy leeks and chips? Not sure.

I hope everybody is having a good day, sounds like lots of people were struggling to get up this morning x

Oh no! Didn't want to wish a poorly duvet day on you : ( Hope you feel better soon. xx

Back