Getting skinnier and healthier with SW

Hey Em!
How are you doing? Have you settled in now to your new place? Is Mylo being good? ;)

Just saw this post and gasped:

Not sure at all where I'm going to fit my hex's in? Any suggestions?

I can't get enough of my Hex's :p I wish I could have loads! This week actually I realised you can have two wheatabix for a hexB- not sure why but I got very excited about this and keep craving it in the evening with a splodge of jam (and milk), but if not I luuuurve to have a chocolate special K chewy delight as a HexB with a glass of milk, really curbs chocolate cravings. Most often I use it for olive oil though :) veg is SO much nicer cooked in a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil for HexB. For Hexa it's aaaalways on cheeeese :D and occasionally on milk for some Angel Delight! Half a packet (split it with the OH) is 7 syns, soooo good! There is also some tinned fruit you can have as HexA... Or I like to have a big square of Matzo (Jewish cracker bread stuff) with cheese and pickle :D nom... *drooling*

Having said all that, be careful classing brown baguette as HexB :/ doesn't count unless it's wholemeal; brown bread/wheat doesn't cut it for fibre so can't lose the 6 syns for that. I really wish subway did a wholemeal option!

x Sophie

Hey Em!
How are you doing? Have you settled in now to your new place? Is Mylo being good? ;)

Just saw this post and gasped:

I can't get enough of my Hex's :p I wish I could have loads! This week actually I realised you can have two wheatabix for a hexB- not sure why but I got very excited about this and keep craving it in the evening with a splodge of jam (and milk), but if not I luuuurve to have a chocolate special K chewy delight as a HexB with a glass of milk, really curbs chocolate cravings. Most often I use it for olive oil though :) veg is SO much nicer cooked in a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil for HexB. For Hexa it's aaaalways on cheeeese :D and occasionally on milk for some Angel Delight! Half a packet (split it with the OH) is 7 syns, soooo good! There is also some tinned fruit you can have as HexA... Or I like to have a big square of Matzo (Jewish cracker bread stuff) with cheese and pickle :D nom... *drooling*

Having said all that, be careful classing brown baguette as HexB :/ doesn't count unless it's wholemeal; brown bread/wheat doesn't cut it for fibre so can't lose the 6 syns for that. I really wish subway did a wholemeal option!

x Sophie
omg! Didn't know brown baguettes Wernt counted! I definitely need to be more careful! Thanks Sophie! Might try those chewy delights :) looked at matzo at tesco and it looked really dry like crackers? X

Cooking up a frenzie :)

Hi ladies, thought ill do a little update before I go to bed cos got work in the morning.

Food from today-
breakfast- fruit and yoghurt
lunch- subway salad (3 syns) for sweet onion sauce. Fruit salad from home
dinner- fajita chicken (3 syns) with peppers, onion and cheese (hex a) in lettuce wraps, plus 1 baby wrap (5 syns)

so total of 11 syns in total, I resisted cupcakes at work :) go me.

Im at work tomorrow morning, then at my aunts for a BBQ in the afternoon. My mum and dad are going! Yay! Feels like forever since I've seen them!!!
been a good girl tonight and made a syn free coleslaw and syn free potato salad with me to the BBQ. I don't eat mayo or salad cream so normally can't eat any, so I'll bring my own.
Both were quite easy, and I tested and were yummy, so hope other people like them.

Hope everyone has got lovely weekends planned :)
off to bed, night all.
Xxxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    743.2 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    723.7 KB · Views: 58
Those both look yummy Emma, what's in them? Have a good time at the BBQ tomorrow x
Hi Hun,
the coleslaw was:
red cabbage
carrot
bit of white onion
1/2 pink lady apple diced very small
1/2 teaspoon cumin
fresh coriander
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
0% fat free Greek yoghurt to taste

the potato salad is-
red skinned potatoes diced
basil, chives and coriander chopped finely
2 tablespoons olive oil ( hex b for my little bit to keep it free)
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
a few spring onion, onion bit only, chopped very finely.
Hoping they go down well- fingers crossed!

Xx

Hi ladies, thought ill do a little update before I go to bed cos got work in the morning.

Food from today-
breakfast- fruit and yoghurt
lunch- subway salad (3 syns) for sweet onion sauce. Fruit salad from home
dinner- fajita chicken (3 syns) with peppers, onion and cheese (hex a) in lettuce wraps, plus 1 baby wrap (5 syns)

so total of 11 syns in total, I resisted cupcakes at work :) go me.

Im at work tomorrow morning, then at my aunts for a BBQ in the afternoon. My mum and dad are going! Yay! Feels like forever since I've seen them!!!
been a good girl tonight and made a syn free coleslaw and syn free potato salad with me to the BBQ. I don't eat mayo or salad cream so normally can't eat any, so I'll bring my own.
Both were quite easy, and I tested and were yummy, so hope other people like them.

Hope everyone has got lovely weekends planned :)
off to bed, night all.
Xxxx

both look lovely! have fun at the BBQ hun xx

Hi ladies,

had an awesome time at the BBQ yesterday! Ate tons of food, but I could have been so much worse than I was!!
I'll list all the bits I had, but generally I resisted all the bread, and my mum had made some homemade bread which is always awesome! No alcohol and very good choice with deserts.
The rest of it I couldn't stop eating. Lol.

So I had:
green pesto pasta, red pesto pasta, my potato salad, 2 Pringles, quite a few cocktail sausages, salad, carrot stick and sw syn free humous ( super yum, will be getting the recipe!!),
lamb balls, kebab, mince meat kebab stick thing, chicken, 2 slices halloumi, my coleslaw, onions,

desert wise there was hundreds of choices- different cheesecake, apple pie, chocolate cake, cakes, banoffee pie, etc etc. I had a shaving of the chocolate cake, no more than the size of a 2p! But needed a bit.
Then my aunt had made jelly with peaches in, so that's what I choose when I couldn't resist anymore! Lol.

All in all pretty proud of myself. We were there 8 hours and I was a good girl. My cousins girlfriend was there with there children (other kids too), and I got cuddles with the gorgeous Harry! I was talking to her about life etc, and plans. She's thinking of trying to be a teacher, she tried straight from uni but they had josh who's now 5 in her last year at uni, so now there a lot more settled! :) I think shed be awesome and shed love it, but people have said shell be too stressy, she doesn't seem stressy at all, it's really odd. Like they don't want her bettering herself? I don't know.

But sort of worked out our timeline plan in my head while chatting to Nat. As long as Chris gets promoted in the next 3 years which we expect him to, he's got 6 years left. So my plan is to do my nursing qualification this year, next August when I'm qualified I'm going to apply for dentistry to start 2015, so the year after, and in theory I should then leave uni as Chris finishes in the Raf. This just means that well have a good wage supporting us while he then does his teacher training, rather than my rubbish wage now.

Will probably mean a lot of travelling to uni for me, and the findings not the same because it will be my second undergrad degree, so I best get saving..... ****! Can't believe it could actually all happen! I never thought I'd be able to be a dentist but the idea is so exciting now it could actually become real. :-D

sorry I'm rambling on!!
Think I'm going to cook us a lamb roast dinner today, not done a roast since I moved here in April, it will be awesome!! :)
hope your all having lovely weekends. Xxx

Sounds like a fab day Emma. Food choices sounds good considering all if the temptations on offer! Your plan for the next few years sounds amazing too - it must be such a good feeling to know where you are headed. I really hope it all comes together for you xx

Sneaky jump on the scales this morning and they're being far too nice to be true so going to be very careful today so I don't ruin it! :)
i am so excited Bev! I know it sounds silly but I worry that I'll get to old age and won't have enough money, and I suppose this plan is sort of putting my mind at ease a bit.
Just had the yummiest breakfast- Blt followed by pineapple and strawberry

Going to take mylo for a nice long walk now, so hope the sun stays out :)
xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 55
Ladies how do I change my thread name??
I think I'm being retarded, but can't find it anywhere lol.

Cooked the 3 of us a roast lamb dinner.
Lamb, mash potato ( 1 syn), 1 roast potato (1 syn), broccoli, carrots, peas, sweetcorn, leeks in low low cheese sauce (hex a), stuffing (3 syns), Yorkshire pud (2.5 syns), gravy (2 syns).

So only had 9.5 syns for a proper roast but I definitely had post roast bloat. Settled now, and it's made me really sleepy.
Feeling so sleepy and tired already it's unreal. Not really doing anything and Chris has got the cricket on so that's probably not helping.
Had a mini twister at 2.5 syns, but I am so tempted to have a freddo.... I feel like I need chocolate and bed.... Lol. I'm such a child.
Xxx

Choc and bed is my fave combination haha x
Hi all,
having a nice little rest before I head to work.
Its been quite productive tho. I got up and walked mylo first thing, then had a few phone calls to make. Had to ring up the tax people, they put me on a code that's for a second job so I'm paying too much. Hopefully I'll get a little rebate :)

was going to go to the gym but Chris took the car and I didn't have time to walk there and back this morning as well as work out. Maybe I'll manage it later in the week.

Food today:
breakfast- melon and blueberry yoghurt
lunch- pasta- chopped tomato, pasata, courgette, mushroom, broccoli, garlic, chilli, basil, cheese
dinner- I don't finish work til 7, so thinking cheese and tomato on toast (hex a and hex b)

think that I'll be hungry in a few hours so I need to work out a little snack....
Maybe an alpen bar and an apple.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday xxx

Hey gorg...what a fab few days you've had!! The BBQ sounds brill and your plans seem to fit together well and all sound really exciting! I hope it all comes together....Wow being a dentist would be so cool! :)

If you want to change your thread name you go back to your first post, edit it, and hit the 'go advanced' button and then you can change the title!
Hope the alpen and apple snack filled a hole! :)
xxx

Hey gorg...what a fab few days you've had!! The BBQ sounds brill and your plans seem to fit together well and all sound really exciting! I hope it all comes together....Wow being a dentist would be so cool! :)

If you want to change your thread name you go back to your first post, edit it, and hit the 'go advanced' button and then you can change the title!
Hope the alpen and apple snack filled a hole! :)
xxx

after a little more research looks like I'll have to wait for Chris to leave the RAF, or be apart and I really don't fancy living apart. As much as I love him, I really don't think we could live apart for years.
Thank you for help changing my name, not really new to SW any more.
And managed an alpen bar at work but no apple :-( xx

Quick food update before I disappear off to bed- I'm up at 5.30am to walk mylo! Omg I might die!

Breakfast- melon, blueberry yoghurt
early lunch- vege pasta
snack- alpen light
snack- alpen light
dinner- cheese (hex a), and tomato on toast (hex b).
Supernoodles
cherries

the tiny pieces of toast weren't enough for tea so topped them up with noodles.
Night y'all xxx

That's a pity that you'll need to wait a bit to get into dentistry. At least you know it's doable though, even if it's not as soon as you'd like xx

Sneaky jump on the scales this morning and they're being far too nice to be true so going to be very careful today so I don't ruin it! :)
i am so excited Bev! I know it sounds silly but I worry that I'll get to old age and won't have enough money, and I suppose this plan is sort of putting my mind at ease a bit.
Just had the yummiest breakfast- Blt followed by pineapple and strawberry

Going to take mylo for a nice long walk now, so hope the sun stays out :)
xx

Looks gorgeous! :)

x

Back