Getting skinnier and healthier with SW

5lbs?! Bloody hell. Well done you. When you're baking be sure to weigh out five pounds to remind yourself just how amazing of an achievement that is.

As for recipes, I say don't go SW. People react better to 'normal' food. That and SW baking is a bit pants on the taste department.

All dependent on your skill. Tray bakes are quite easy. Flapjacks are always a winner. Be sure to drizzle white and milk melted chocolate over them to be more inviting to kids. Or rocky road or millionaires shortbread?

Cupcakes go down a treat, so long as you can pipe the icing. People eat with their eyes. Or alternatively do angel cakes? Make cupcakes, cut a circle out the top, cut that in half, stick some butter cream in the hole, then pop the two halves on like wings.

Haha, got far to excited about cake! Can you tell I work on a food programme?

Hi beautiful ladies,
another successful day in the world of Emma :)
had a bit of a hectic morning, my brother forgot his pass to get back to the house, while working the dog, so big sis to the rescue and I had to go and pick him and my pooch up.

So was running late... Didn't have time to find my gloves or even out my socks on so I ran out in pumps. Got stopped by the train and had to wait for 3 trains to pass in the freezing, could barely feel my hands by the time I reached work, and arrived just in time.

Was on reception this afternoon, surrounded by yummy cakes, and managed to resist! Woop!
And I came home to a yummy smelling pasta sauce and chicken, just had to boil up some pasta and great some cheese :) lovely.

So food today-

breakfast- 15g weetabix choc minis (1/2 hex b), banana and custard muller, pineapple and melon
snack- apple
lunch- chicken pasta (3 syns), cauli curry, banana
snack- 1.5 mini pretzel bits (1 syn)
Dinner- pasta, tomato sauce with carrot and pepper in it, chicken, cheese (hex a)
pud- melon, freddo (5 syns)

a total of 9 syns for the day, not too bad, I needed a freddo tonight :)

tonorrow im im at college not work, and then I need to pick up ingredients for cookie making! :) hoping a can do a good job.
Got sausages tomorrow for tea, no idea what to have with them...

Xxxx

Hi ladies, I'm waiting for college to start so I thought I'd do a quick update on food plans for the day.

Breakfast- 1x mini toast (1/2 hex b), with little tins of spaghetti shreks, melon and pineapple
lunch- leftover pasta, apple
dinner- sausage (not sure on syns), onions, carrots, green beans, gravy (syn later) with mash for boys and butternut squash mash for me, extra veg :)

thinking between sausage and gravy, syns will be quite high so thinking I'll just have choc milk and maybe a cereal bar for other hex b if I need it.

Hope your our all ok :)
xxxx

Wow! 5lbs loss is AWESOME!! Well done you for coming back so strong, you sound so positive! Great that you have a doable mini goal for xmas! X

Hi ladies,
sorry that I've not posted in a few days. I got hit in the head very hard at work Friday afternoon with the x-Ray machine, and have been suffering concussion since :-/

food hasnt been been amazing but not awful either

friday-
b- weetabix, yoghurt, melon
lunch- jacket potato with cheese
dinner- Chinese, boiled rice, chowmein, chivken in black bean, sweet and sour chivken, few chips

Saturday-
b- melin
lunch- Quorn burger, brown roll, leftover pasta
dinner- lasagna and garlic bread at my Nans house

sunday-
b- tomatoes, bacon, 1 small slice white tiger bread toast
dinner- bolognese with rigatoni, cheese
freddo

i spent Friday night in a&e, and they decided it was only mild concussion, and I just needed to be watched, but have had an awful headache all weekend. I have tried to be good, but felt less like organising, and I was told not to do anything strenuous for a few days, so no exercise for me.

I am am utterly exhausted, been asleep this afternoon, and seriously ready for my bed at 6.30pm. There's things I could do with doing like making some soup but I seriously don't have the energy so I'll have to do it tomorrow afternoon.
Start work at 7 am!! Ouch!

Maybe because I've had tramadols for a few nights I've not been sleeping like normal.
Dont feel like I will have lost weight this week, not eaten enough super free, but hoping for a maintain when Tuesday eve comes around.

Hope youve all had good weekends :)
xxxx

5lbs?! Bloody hell. Well done you. When you're baking be sure to weigh out five pounds to remind yourself just how amazing of an achievement that is.

As for recipes, I say don't go SW. People react better to 'normal' food. That and SW baking is a bit pants on the taste department.

All dependent on your skill. Tray bakes are quite easy. Flapjacks are always a winner. Be sure to drizzle white and milk melted chocolate over them to be more inviting to kids. Or rocky road or millionaires shortbread?

Cupcakes go down a treat, so long as you can pipe the icing. People eat with their eyes. Or alternatively do angel cakes? Make cupcakes, cut a circle out the top, cut that in half, stick some butter cream in the hole, then pop the two halves on like wings.

Haha, got far to excited about cake! Can you tell I work on a food programme?

Just being nosey,what food programme do you work on ???:)

Sent from my GT-S5839i using MiniMins.com mobile app

You poor thing!!! Crikey... Are you even ready to go back to work after that?
Totally understandable that you havent been up to preparing things! Hope you feel better soon. X

Hi ladies,
was a bash to the back of my head, the dentist pulled the X-ray machine out leaving it above my head.
I am back at work unfortunately, feeling exhausted really, but got the afternoon off, so going to make the most of it. TV, a bit of washing and I hope to make some yummy thick wintery bns soup.

So good for today-
b- alpen light
lunch- bolognese leftovers and melon
dinner- undecided, probably soup, and some fruit

hope ur all ok on this horrible drizzly days ladies xxxx

So I made leek and potato soup this afternoon, and a butternut squash soup this afternoon, but when it came to it, I really didn't fancy it for tea..

I cooked led up a little Quorn and veg stir fry with black bean sauce, probably 2.5 syns worth. I had pineapple with strawberries dipped in Apple crumble yoghurt (.5 syns), so a total of 3 syns for the day, not bad :)
feel like I really needed a low syn day, not feeling positive for weigh in tomorrow :-/ just hoping for any loss really
fingers crossed!!
Xxxx

Oh dear Emma! Sorry to hear about your head injury, having suffered with concussion myself I whole heartedly sympathise. It's effing crap.

Hope you're feeling a little more human and well done on sticking with SW even when the times are tough, I think you can be forgiven for lack of exercise. We wouldn't want your brain falling out!

Thanks guys, I lost 1lb tonight, so although not a lot for week 2, I wasn't really great on plan for parts of the weekend. So I'm happy that at least my scales are going downwards. :)

food today-
b- melon, pineapple, strawberries, yoghurt
snack- alpen light (hex b)
lunch- pasta pot (4 syns), butternut squash soup, fruit
dinner- baked potato (1), cheese (hex a), spaghetti hoops, mangetout, babycorn
was still hungry so had macaroni cheese pasta and sauce (1.5 syns) with laughing cow (1 syn), and a pinch of grated cheese (1 syn)
freddo (5 syns)

so a total of 13.5 syns
although higher than really necessary, at least I didn't celebrate my 1lb loss with a takeaway :)

so, challenges this upcoming week will be Friday night and Saturday night
friday night were all going to one of the girls from works houses for a girly night to say goodbye to our practice manager who is leaving. planning to not drink and take some low syn foods with me .

saturday night we've got some friends of ours coming over. Thinking sw friendly meal planning and they won't even notice . My friend knows I'm on sw but hoping they'll think I'm off plan for the night but I won't be :)

really would like like my half stone award next week. Oh and I won the raffle again, twice at this group and won twice, yippee, got some gorgeous little measuring cups .
Right off to bed, shattered tonight
xxxxx

Food update for yesterday

b- banana, muller light
lunch- 2 little breads (hex b) toasted with little spaghetti hoops on, yoghurt, apple bag, 1 stick kitkat (2.5 syns)
dinner- 1 small slice papa johns pizza

no I'm not crazy I did only have 1 stick of kitkat- my pregnant friend Laura had food envy so I gave her the other half. Lol.
Had a bit of an emotional breakdown last night. Just so fed up, and it just happened to be the last straw. I refused to eat the chicken I had made, stole a slice of pizza off my brother, and generally just sobbed.
I didn't let chris anywhere near me, so fed up with him ATM, he's driving me nuts, and so my brother gave me a hug and sat with me, and so did Mylo- middle of kitchen floor. Lol.
Then I showered and went to bed.
I don't even feel better now I've woken up, I feel really down. :-( oh well, best get up, think I'll starve to death if I don't eat breakfast.
2 more days at work..... Well this week xxxx

Back