Getting skinnier and healthier with SW

Hi sweetie. Sorry to hear you were down yesterday. Don't bear yourself up about it though, we're all allowed bad days. Just think about the brilliant weekend you have planned!

Is it work stressing you out? Or just a general feeling of meh? Remember we're here for you to vent too.

Sending mini love!!!

Remember to find joy in the little things... Like this puppy.

Attachments

• image-29480153.jpg
    image-29480153.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 46
Aw hun :( what caused your breakdown last night? Why is chris driving you nuts?
One piece of pizza really isnt that bad! Am impressed it wasnt way more pizza if you were feeling so low!
Hope you feel better soon Em, it's been a mega hard week for you with he injury and all so cut yourself some slack, next week will be easier! X

Bank holiday restart!

Hi,
Not sure if anybody is still on board, but going to give this another go. I've been really trying with self improvement lately, but my main thing is that I'm really really not happy with my weight, so after giving myself a good talking to in the shower tonight, I think being back on here, and planning my food for the following day is a good plan.
Think I'll be following slimming world loosely as this worked really well for me, but I think I just need a general shift in the right direction to start with.

I'd started going to bed really early on an evening and have been making an attempt to stay up later, so I do more things on an evening. It's working so far, but have had a stinking cold since I started which doesn't help.
Im ususlly a real slob in the bedroom- my room looking generally like a teenage girls, I'd just dump clean washing on the floor because I couldn't be arsed to put it away when I was going to bed. But 2 weeks ago I had some time off, cleared out some junk and since then my bedroom has stayed spotless, it's surprising how a little effort everyday makes do much difference to my mood when I go into my room.

I've also started a martial arts class aikido once a week, I'm loving it, loving learning something new, but I'd really like to incorporate more exercise into my natural routine.

So plan for tomorrow:
breakfast- fruit salad of strawberry, kiwi, pineapple and a few blueberries, yoghurt
snack- banana
lunch- homemade spiced carrot and lentil soup, clementine
dinner- spicy aubergine lasagna with roasted veg

if on slimming world this would probably be around 3-4 syns, so hoping to stick to this, and then have either jelly or a mini twister lolly for desert.
Walking the dog in the morning but think I'll try to get 15 mins on the bike done tomorrow night in an attempt to up my exercise.

Right, best go make the fruit salad for breakfast :)

oh and I'm setting myself a target now. It's exactly 2 months until my dad's 50th birthday party and I would like to have lost a stone by then. So just under 2lb a week! But I'm sure I can do it! And glad I've decided to use my diary again.
Goodnight
xx

So feel like I've got through day 1! Hooray!

Stuck almost completely to plan.
I took a small roll to eat with my soup, wholemeal of course, and I weighed it, was 31g so I guess equivalent of 1/2 hex b.
the clementine I took for lunch for disgusting, so had a syn free yoghurt instead.
Just finished the day off with a massive tea was yummy, but it has left me feeling fully satisfied so hoping no snacking tonight!

Think id is like to get some ingredients on Friday on my day off and get cooking in the kitchen. I want to try the 1/2 syn roulade and chickpea Dahl loaf. Anymore ideas?
im going to go do some prep now for tomorrow so I can make my food plan for tomorrow.

Woke me up with a very swollen lower lip at corner of my mouth, soooo sore! Antihistamine taken it down but still painful and no idea what's happened. Hopefully it will go down overnight, makes me feel so sorry for myself.
When I weighed this morning, I was slightly less than I thought which is good, means I managed to not put my usual weekend weight on- Woop!

Right, best get organised for tomorrow x

what about some quiche? (i do mine with a pasta n sauce base) and i've discovered my love for lasagne which you could do quorn/e/l mince for lunches/dinners?

the 1/2 syn roulade is handy to either snack on a slice here or there, or to have with fruit for breakfast?

egg wraps...tried those recently and they're good too with sausage/bacon inside?x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I love your ideas but unfortunately I dont eat egg :-( love lasagna tho. What do you do for the cheese sauce tho?

So just been and tried to see what I can make from the fridge, attempting potato cakes which are now in the oven. Tried to fry them but with no eggs to bind and no oil they wernt working very well.
So fingers crossed I'll have pitta cakes made with mushroom bacon. Spinach and leftover mash. Also popped some jelly in the fridge.

Wednesdays are a bit odd after work as I leave for aikido around 7.30, but don't get in until around 10 again, I need to eat something before but not big and something after as I'm always hungry.
So here's the plan.

Breakfast: Small bowl porridge with almond milk, fruit salad
snack: banana
lunch: leftover spicy aubergine lasagna, wander to sainsburys for some fruit
mini dinner: potato cake, broccoli and plum tomatoes
late dinner: mugshot and jelly

could probably do with more veg..... Oh well, I'll do a proper shop on Friday and make do until then...
Right that's me. I am well and truely shattered today,, so snuggles on sofa with hub and then bed are necessary!
Xx

Can you not eat eggs in anything?
White sauce for the lasagne is cottage cheese, Greek yog and eggs...so that might be out too for you? :(

Good to hear you have a plan tho...I'm sure you'll do great ;)

Did I read that you have a different job? If I remember rightly, you had some difficulties with someone before (was it dental nursing?) and I remember the palava with the borrowed clothes thing??x

I can eat egg in cake and stuff, I used to be highly intolerant, so can't stomach things that taste vaguely eggy. That might be ok. Don't like cottage cheese either but heard it's completely different when cooked?
Yeah that was me that had problems at work! Lol. Things just got worse at that place, so got a new job dec started January and have been sooo much happier since! Still dental nursing just a different practice. It's idd how much work can effect your general mood.

Had my 1/2 bowl porridge- can't stomach whole bowl and waste loads so only made 1/2 a packet today! But too much cinnamon- wooos
and my fruit salad. Fingers crossed that will keep me full :)

have be a good hump day ladies! Xx

make sure you put plenty sweetener in the roulade then...and i spread yog on mine instead of sweetened quark then my fruit...takes a bit of getting used to but i love it now and make it a lot to grab here and there ;)

for the white sauce, i blitz my cottage cheese smooth then mix it all in, to be honest, i can't taste anything other than the mozzarella cheese on top, but then i don't mind cottage cheese so i guess it's just trial and error for what works best for each of us :)

i discovered quorn chicken nuggets the other week....loved them! for 1/2 a syn each, them with "chips" and beans felt like a right treat of "junk" food

gotta love food optimising at times eh ;)
great to hear you're much happier where you are now, it makes such a difference and is easier to get up on work days when it's not such a thought! x

make sure you put plenty sweetener in the roulade then...and i spread yog on mine instead of sweetened quark then my fruit...takes a bit of getting used to but i love it now and make it a lot to grab here and there ;)

for the white sauce, i blitz my cottage cheese smooth then mix it all in, to be honest, i can't taste anything other than the mozzarella cheese on top, but then i don't mind cottage cheese so i guess it's just trial and error for what works best for each of us :)

i discovered quorn chicken nuggets the other week....loved them! for 1/2 a syn each, them with "chips" and beans felt like a right treat of "junk" food

gotta love food optimising at times eh ;)
great to hear you're much happier where you are now, it makes such a difference and is easier to get up on work days when it's not such a thought! x

hmmm I like the idea of yoghurt with it. Checked out the syns for the yoghurtsnac I'd got in from lidl, assumed they'd be free! 2 syns each! Won't be buying them again. I think the cottage cheese white sauce will definitely be worth trying it, will be great if I like it!
Had those Quorn nuggets when I was on it before, they were lush. Might get some in for a Saturday night as a little treat! Good idea :)
xxx

Glad to be of use lol, for the roulade I spread yog and crushed frozen raspberries then roll it up :)

Hopefully you like the lasagne, the egg makes the "white sauce" puff up so it's not runny...which I like! Took some for lunch today and ate it cold...went down a wee treat ;) x

Attachments

• image-1390706209.jpg
    image-1390706209.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 25
Another day on track! Woop!!

so food was slightly revised

breakfast- 1/2 packet porridge with cinnamon
fruit salad

no snack- didn't have time

lunch- leftover spicy aubergine lasagna (2 syns)
clementine
blueberries

dinner- mash potato cakes ( spinach mushroom and bacon) with plum tomatoes
pineapple
1 bite of Chris' tortellini he's got for tea (1 syn)

for snack later I've got either ministrone soup and stir (4 syns), or mug shot cheesy (2.5 syns) and some jelly.
So total syns for the day will either be 5.5 or 7 :)

Today has been a good one and came home to the dog already walked and hubby had hoovered through, can't really ask for more can you! :) lucky girl!
Now to get ready for aikido, it's a soft martial arts, this will be my 4th class, and I'm loving it! Go with my cousins gf and she's great fun, love going with her, nice to have someone to partner with. Plus it means I don't have to watch the footy! He he!

food plan for tomorrow:
breakfast- 1/2 packet porridge , fruit salad if still ok. If not maybe a kiwi
snack- banana
lunch- ham with salad bowl
dinner- spicy sausage casserole (guesstimate 5 syns) with rice
desert mini twister (2.5 syns)

not it really got plans for the weekend but usually end up eating out so I'll try to be good. I am feeling more determined than I have in ages and really happy about it! Thanks for all the support I've been getting back :-£

xxxx

image.jpgHi ladies!
Finished work for the week woohoo! :-D
and have got home and had my dinner, completely on plan so day 3 is complete! Got a date with hubby and the TV tonight, starting with greys anatomy.
Going to make a list of some sw ingredients and get my bake/cook on over the weekend!
And get to see my best friend tomorrow as she's now on maternity leave.

So food today-
breakfast- 1/2 packet porridge with cinnamon
snack- banana
lunch- ham, salad bowl, balsamic dressing and a kiwi
dinner- sausage casserole with rice and broccoli and baby corn- super yum!

Trying to focus a little bit on reducing my portion size. The pics that miss k has posted makes me super sure that my current portion sizes are enormous!
See you in a while crocodiles Xxx

Trying to focus a little bit on reducing my portion size. The pics that miss k has posted makes me super sure that my current portion sizes are enormous! See you in a while crocodiles Xxx
Really??
Och don't let my pics put you off...I graze all day at work so it might be different if I was only having 3 meals? ;) x

Back