Getting tired of Cambridge... Need some insipiration

Carlyd88

Hi All,

Well today in this glorious sunshine it has become more and more apparent that I am getting fed up with Cambridge :-(

I am just finishing my last day on week 7 and I have had 7 very successful and very motivated weeks. I have lost 22lb, several inches and dropped a dress size. I have around 7-8lb before I am at target. I don't really know why I feel so demotivated at the moment, the fact that my weight seems to have stayed the same this week is not helping! As I have a busy 'off plan' weekend coming up I have decided to move to step three from next week, my plan is to do the step three week and then move back down to SS+. There isn't a great deal of real stories on plan for anything other than step 1 so although I have made a decision to move up I have no idea whether this is a good move or not!

Anyway sorry for the rant, I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this lovely weather :) xx

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st 3lb). Week 5 WI: -2lb (10st 1lb). Week 6 WI: -1.5lb (9st13.5lb).

Hi well done on you loss so far, I'm on week 7 and got exactly same feeling as you really fed up and hungry a lot more now also :( I was wondering also if I go up to step 2 would my loss slow Down as I have another 4 stone to loose yet :(

If you've only got 7-8lb to lose I would definitely come up the steps. I was under the impression you shouldn't be SSing (even if "plussing") so close to goal anyway, so no wonder you're getting bored!

Thank you for your messages, thankfully I am feeling more positive today - yesterday felt like a replay of day four when I was ready to pack the whole thing in at the start! Looking back on yesterday I sat through a pig roast which before Cambridge I would have totally demolished because I love them, it was a beautiful day and I wanted to sit in the garden with a pint of cider on ice, my weight hadn't shifted, I felt bloated and I was worrying about this coming weekend where I have to drink two days in a row and look and feel presentable for both occasions! So basically I was over thinking everything and needed to snap out of it, remember why I am putting myself through this... and today I have!

I do think the longer you do this diet the tougher the 'hard' days are (although they seem to be less frequent than the start of the diet) which is the opposite of more mainstream diets like WW or SW because with those diets you can be a bit naughty at times and you are still eating everyday foods - if you are having a bad day you can have some chocolate (which for me makes the worst of days better).

I say I have 7/8lb to go, that still only gets me into the top range of a healthy BMI for my height, I haven't set a target as I have no idea what weight I need to get to to feel good and healthy. Because I am so short to be slim slim I would need to be around 8stone... Which seems unrealistic!

I have my meeting with my CDC at 4.30 today so hopefully she will give me the advice I need on whether or not to move up to step three and then move back down the following week!

I hope everyone is doing well today? I do love this weather but in my head a nice hot day equals BBQ food and ice cold beverages, mainly alcoholic ;-) xxx

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st 3lb). Week 5 WI: -2lb (10st 1lb). Week 6 WI: -1.5lb (9st13.5lb).

country bumpkin has a point though - you aren't supposed to SS/SS+ if you are within a stone of a healthy BMI (i read that its something to do with having insufficient fat left to burn so its easier for your body to burn essential muscles - including heart muscle - but not sure how accurate that it!)- i say supposed because I'm sure I will when i get that close to goal - I will just want to get there.

But it could be why you are feeling so fed up and ready to start "referring". ON the other hand I have had a horrid week last week - 11th week on 100% SS and I really struggled - was honestly hungry all week - loud tummy grumbling hungry. Still just this week to go and then i'm on a step up week for a week so hopefully that will sort me out.

Well done on completing 11 weeks that is great... And I am moaning about 7 weeks!!

I have re-read the BMI requirements for SS(+) and you are both right, as I have less than a stone to get me in the healthy weight range I probably shouldn't be on SS! I just checked and I need to be about 9st 6lb to get into a healthy range so that is 7lbs from last weeks weigh in, my weigh in today will hopefully shed 1lb off that at least!

I still feel like I have a way to go though so I am not planning on giving up Cambridge altogether... Maybe step three will be a good step for me to lose the rest of the weight I have to go!

Why is it that there are certain places that the fat just doesn't seem to want to leave?? At least if I have moved on to step three I can exercise, back out for runs would be lovely especially a nice country run in this weather! Xx

you can exercise on SS as well - in fact after the first couple of weeks moderate exercise is encouraged - by moderate - able to talk while you are doing it - so a brisk walk /gentle run might work well. I have been exercising throughout (on SS) I checked before I started and the response from CD via my CDC was as above but also not to start new exercise in the first 2 weeks and to drink plenty of water and listen to my body - if i felt tired/dizzy stop and recover. I have been doing 2 sessions of aqua fit, 2 sessions in the gym (aerobic not weights) and 3 hrs+ of karate each week- no issues at all and far more toned than I was last time round. Has made no difference at all to my weight loss - I have lost exactly the same number of Lbs as I had after 11 weeks last time!

So 2lb off this week to get me motivated :)

I have been doing some exercise every other day on my bike at home I have increased the distance that I am doing to 10k now but kept the intensity low. As well as the bike i have been doing squats and sit ups to help with toning, still not a huge amount of exercise but enough to keep me sane :) I have just text my friend who I usually go running with so hopefully I can get back on that wagon too!

I discussed moving up to step three with my CDC and although she was open to me doing what I felt was best she knows that I am not quite ready to give up the decent weight losses yet. She basically said that the losses will be slower on step three, mix in the fact that my losses aren't huge at the moment any way and I have two nights out this week... Next weeks loss will be tough enough without having the carbs in step three. Plus if I want to move back down the plans after this week the carbs will have totally knocked me out of Ketosis and I may find it tough to go back. So basically I am going to continue on SS+ this week and then on Friday and Saturday I will have more food but go for protein based dishes and still stay clear of carbs. I am still worried about drinking but I am not the biggest of drinkers anyway and I can have a good night without being drunk, so I will have a few gin and tonics and lots of water in between drinks and I am sure I will be ok :)

I can't believe the difference a day makes... I feel so much better than yesterday... Physically and emotionally! Xx

Back