Getting to Goal by Zeke

Thanks for your support x I had a STS this am so I cannot complain. I need to get my act together an fast to meet my 2+ lbs target this week!

Well - I'm not sure what I am doing today! I know it isn't a red day though. I have just worked out I have had 17.5 WW 'old' point (would be allowed about 22) so I could do one of those days or a Green or EE.

I think I might just try and do a ww day - I think that is easier now. Got to get my act together tomorrow! I need to pack all of my Nan's old photos away for a while and get on with the present and the future rather than wallowing in the past.

Took son swimming this afternoon and we clashed playing sinkers. Thankfully, I was the one with the injuries. I now have a thick lip as it burst just under the lip-line a bit. It didn't hurt very much considering but it does put me off eating a bit so I won't complain too much!

I have no idea what sinkers is, but sounds a bit too full on if you've hurt yourself. :confused: Hope you're feeling a bit better now and the swelling isn't too bad!!!

I have no idea about WW points anymore, i don't think i can handle 2 diets simultaneously!!! :p I had planned to have a green day, but ended up having extra easy instead!! Every planned meal changed as i was out!! Oh well!! Still worked out ok!!

I think having a poorly lip is the perfect excuse to indulge in a mini milk (it'll help the swelling you know!!) :p :D Hehehe!!

Love and hugs xxxx

Sinkers are also called dive sticks. Basically four weighted sticks that you and throw and the fall to the bottom - we then race to collect them! It just feels like a mouth ulcer now :)

When I got downstairs from writing I had had 17.5 pts I remembered the mango a couple of sugar-free polo mints and gave up on that idea! It went downhill from there, again.

Honestly, I have been a classic case of 'FAIL TO PLAN, PLAN TO FAIL' this week so far. TOTM seems to have really affected me this month (now thankfully over) and made me almost depressed. Maybe that is an excuse - I don't know.

Basically, I have been maintaining for the last 5 days. Which is interesting to note for when maintenance actually arrives. I have also done almost no exercise in that time - including day-to-day things!

I am going to go and check your diary, Mrs Burgundy, and then I am going to switch off the computer for the whole day and pack away all these photos properly. I am going to limit myself to doing them in the evening - it really is a great way to stop the evening munchies but during the day...not so good.

Hopefully, I can check in later with much better news!

Glad to hear your lip is getting better now and that the dreaded TOTM is over!!
I think * week for me is when i always go off the rails, i don't plan, i eat all the wrong things, it's like my hormones are sabotaging everything, but at the same time - i try to listen to what my body is saying (when it's not screaming out for junk food!!) So i fi don't want to exercise then i take it easy.

I'm quite lucky of late though, as been on Cerazette pill, so don't have * week very often! But i suffer horrendous cramps when i do, so mostly stay cosied up with a hot water bottle, a cuppa and a girly film!!

Don't berate yourself too much - you have managed to maintain, which is far far better than a gain!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day and report back this evening on how it's gone!!!

Love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:thankyou:

You have made me feel better :)

I am also aware that since my trip home/trip to London and haven't got back fully on the program and then TOTM arrrives and I had already broken the pattern...The whole starting to cheat/not plan properly after coming off plan slightly for one day is classic me.

I REALLY need to start fresh again. I definitely need to stop eating my 'set menu' now, too!

Right - breakfast! Planning! Shops!

:party0011::You can do it!!!!!!!!:party0011:
Once you've got the right mindset you'll be raring to go again!!!:party0011:

Don't worry, just keep focused - one day at a time!!!
:talk017:
I have faith in you, and i'm with you every step of the way!! (You're still ahead of me having lost a stone......do you really want me to catch up?! :Na_Na_Na_Na: Though i think a blue stickie would look quite nice!!)

Talk to you a bit later!! Have a wonderful day!! :banana dancerxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:D Thank you!

I spent the morning cleaning downstairs and feel much better for that being done. Hopefully, the upstairs will get done this afternoon!

So far today I have stuck to my normal - but I have done that every day! It is late afternoon/early evening when things become more difficult! I am in a slightly better frame of mind though so I will dig deep and not sabotage this evening! I have planned a simple dinner of fresh salmon and veg. I may go EE and have some pots or pasta with it rather than having a second HeB. I am seriously considering going back to EE now anyway. We'll see!

Tomorrow we are off to Legoland for the day! I have made the decision not to pack a picnic and buy stuff there. I just don't want to be carrying it round. I shall choice wisely though ;)

Ooh nice - I've not been to legoland in AGES!! If i didn't have work i'd be tempted to meet you there!!!

i know what you mean about carrying it around! It wasn't so bad when LO was in his pushchair as could cart it around on that, but nowadays its just too much to be dragging around!! so don't blame you for giving it a miss - although, saying that - i find some of the cafe/outlet prices FAR too steep to be eating out.
I'm sure you'll have a wonderful day either way!!!!

I think EE is the way to go - i get too confused to do anything else, and don't like limiting myself to anything!!!
Good luck this afternoon, and have fun doing the housework!!

I'm off to watch tangled with my son!!!

love and hugs!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope you enjoyed Tangled! That must be my favourite thing that I have seen with my son so far!

The good news is I am down 1.0 lbs this morning :D. Yesterday evening went the same way as all the others, which I guess is the bad news.

So, I will be as good as I can be at Legoland today (and after legoland!). Back to school/work for everyone tomorrow so I think that will be my proper fresh start. I will aim to at least maintain today and then tue/wed lose another lb...so I could still get my 2 lb loss this week!

Good luck!! Hope today goes well for you, but more importantly, I hope you enjoy yourself!!!!

Have a great day! Stay warm and will chat later!! (feel free to text whilst I'm stuck at work!!!) xxx

I would text if I could find my mobile...an all too familiar issue with me!

Well, I am back! Road works on the way there meant it took and hour extra (2.5 hrs rather than 1.5 hrs) and then the queue to get in...Finally got in at 11.30 am and stayed until about 4.45 pm ish. I would hate to see it busier than that tbh.

Well, it was what it was! My son had a nice time which is the main thing. I quite enjoyed it to a certain extent and DH, barely, endured it! Not sure I could face going again now the novelty value has worn off! There is a lot to be said for going without a moaning DH - I could have bought a qbot express instead of his entrance fee!

I had today:

Before:42g All Bran and semi milk (no banana today)

During: Chicken burger and fries with diet coke and a few handfuls of popcorn.

After: Salmon salad with light salad cream

This evening I will amost certainly have a mullerlight and fruit. I will try to limit to that though.

Holiday is officially over tomorrow (although I actually have the day off :) and I am working Wed, Thu, Fri for the rest of the term) so I will be right back to the dieting grindstone.

So, yesterday evening I ended up having just one mullerlight on top of my list last night. Despite having the burger and fries I actually don't think my calore-intake was very high at all yesterday. That combined with all the walking and the end of * week had me down another 1.2 lbs :eek:. I cannot tell you how happy I am! So far this week I am down 2.4 lbs according to my scales.

I read a daily mail article yesterday :eek: :

Diet of carbohydrates can help you lose weight | Mail Online

The main thing I am going to try from that is the green tea drink - I want to drink more green tea anyway. I will give it a go! I will give EE another little go, I think lunch should fill me up for longer for a start. Also have another go at saying bye to the artificial sweetener which, again, I wanted to do anyway.

I think I may also have a go at making so EE soup and having that for supper each day as a standard extra meal.

Basic Plan:

B: 42g All Bran (HeB) + 250 ml semi (HeA) + Banana
Sn: Apple
L: Salad + EE choice + Orange
D: Veggie + EE choice (have as early as 4.30 pm if need be!) + Yogurt
S: Bowl EE soup
Sn: Berries/Melon/Pineapple + Nuts
Drinks: Green tea (hot or cold) with juices as above article (will syn). Water.

I am going to keep a careful eye on exactly when I am hungry and adjust food/timings as needs be. I know the All bran + Banana combo really works as I find it easy to go through to lunch without a snack.

Last edited:
I am rather pleased with myself :)

I have done my 30 mins on the stepper (and I am definitely fitter).

I have a EE soup simmering on the stoves and I am currently enjoyed a nice frittata with a pile of veg.

Hopefully EE will work for me now that I 'get' it more as it is certainly nice to have more recipes to choose from!

Oh the joy of daily weighing! I was up 1.0 lb today - I was expecting a slight up though (I stuck to EE perfectly it was simply because I had those big jumps down for two days).

Back to work today - oh the joy!

Several hours later....

I am such an IDIOT!

Poor prep meant I did my normal red lunch of salad and a can of tuna. As ever everything is fine until 4.30 pm. I then have EE soup. Only a small amount though and then end up having crisps (7.5) and four, yes four, bags of strawberry chocolate fruit bite things (that I have in for my son's lunch). 5 syns a bag = 20 syns. I admit this was actually a binge and totally stupid.

What SHOULD I have done? I should have already decided what I was having for dinner and knowing I only had a small amount of time chosen something quick. Then had that at 4.30 pm. DUH.

Last edited:
What a difference two days make!

I have gone from a 2.4 lb loss this week to a 0.8 lb loss and it is WI day today!

At least it is a loss :rolleyes:

I will go on my scales just before I go later and find predict my class loss with greater accuracy. Max will be 1 lb anyway.

I have decided to go slightly later and stay today - not for the whole thing (I need to go to work) but the first half hour. I need to mentally 'start again'.

Mass in Class (mass at home first thing, naked)
Week 1 - 14 st 8.0 lbs (14 st 5.0 lbs)
Followed EE plan this week. Lost 4 lbs (4.8 lbs)
Week 2 - 14 st 4.0 lbs (14 st 0.2 lbs)
Followed EE but badly - probably had too much fruit, also had smoothies before I realised that was wrong. Also had 84 syns + smoothie fruit syns. Lost 1 lbs (0 lbs)
Week 3 - 14 st 3.0 lbs (14 st 0.2 lbs)
Swapped to red days after two days this week and started exercising more. Managed to stay under 70 syns this week (69.5!). Lost 3.5 lbs (3.4 lbs)
Week 4 - 13 st 13.5 lbs (13 st 10.8 lbs) Red days all week. Syns 66. TOTM end of week. Lost 1.5 lbs (1.8 lbs).
Week 5 - 13 st 12.0 lbs (13 st 9.0 lbs) Red days all week. Syns around 75. First week without filling in food diary to hand-in at class - mental tracking towards end of week. Lost 2.0 lbs (2.6 lbs).
Week 6 - 13 st 10.0 lbs (13 st 6.4 lbs)
Red days most of the week. One green day. One trip 'home' with deviation from plan the next day (but not bad). Syns unknown. Wore trousers to WI rather than usual jeans. Lost 2.0 lbs (1.4 lbs)
Week 7 - 13 st 8.0 lbs (13 st 5.0 lbs) Red days but a difficult week. Trip to London on Saturday had me bingeing on crisps and sweets on the way home. Found it difficult to get back on track with regards to evening syns for the rest of the week. Wore trousers to WI rather than usual jeans (again).Lost 1.0 (0.8 lbs)
Week 8 - 13 st 7.0 lbs (13 st 4.2 lbs)
Red days all week. Over syns for first three days - on track last four days. TOTM towards end. Swapped back to jeans for WI. Lost 0.5 (1.6 lbs)
Week 9 - 13 st 6.5 lbs (13 st 2.6 lbs)
Over syns almost every day. Trip to Legoland - had fast food but actually probably ate the least that day. Swapped to EE towards the end of the week. Lost 1.5 lbs (0.8 lbs)
Week 10 - 13 st 5.0 lbs (13 st 1.8 lbs)

Umm...just got on scales (in clothes, had breakfast etc) and I am 13 st 4.4 lbs. As Last week under the same conditions I was 13 st 6.4 lbs and SW scales said 13 st 6.5 lbs - I am starting to wonder if I will actually come away with a 2 lb loss this week. WEIRD.

Anyway, off to find out!

The verdict - I weighed in at 13 st 5.0 lbs so a 1.5 lb loss.

Things have seriously got to change with me. I know I lost 1.5 lbs but really, I didn't. That was mainly due to coming off * week I think. I know I am in real danger if I continue like this of having my first (deserved) sts or gain. I DO NOT want that!

My big change this week is going to be stepping away from the computer and doing more productive things like planning, spending time with my son, gardening, exercise, housework, walking the dogs etc. I am aware I have the balance wrong, again.

So if I go a bit quiet then that means I have succeeded and I can come back next week with happier news!

I have two weeks left on my current countdown and I want my 1.5 st sticker and 10% before I part with more cash - that means I need to lose 4 lbs in two weeks.

Last edited:
I am a Scan Bran convert!

I tried it for the first time last night (with phillie) and was pleasantly surprised!

I made the cake this evening. It tastes nice but I don't think I will bother again. I don't like the idea of all that artificial sugar and I think I prefer to have the mullerlight and scan bran as they are.

:break_diet:

Yesterday I started cheating even earlier than usual. I basically had a few nuts for dinner and three large glasses of wine. :eek:.

I honestly don't know what is wrong with me. It is tempting to swap diets but I really don't feel that I have given SW a proper go yet. I think I need to go back to filling in the proper diary thing you get in class. Maybe following the plan thing they have in the magazines/online.

I have just had 1/2 cup (uncooked oats) porridge for breakfast - so not my standard start. I am also going to Southampton window shopping (maybe hanging out in the clothes section of JL will help) and having lunch there. Easiest to have a baked pot and some baked beans. I think I have pretty much decided to have a 'sensible' diet day rather than a specific SW or WW day.

Then tomorrow it will be back on the SW diary. I am going to ask my leader if I can fill in one of hers and hand it in at meetings like I did for the first four weeks. I think I might email her later today.

I feel really :sigh: with myself :(

Hey sweetheart,

Just wanted to sign in and let you know I haven't forgotten about you and am thinking of you. I've been utterly remiss the last few days/week and seem to be making excuses left, right and centre, so need to get organised tomorrow! Back to work, and 3 days till WI!

Maybe we can start over together?! Need to get my act together!

Love and hugs xxxxxx

Hi MrsB!

Nice to hear from you x

I have posted in your diary but the short answer is 'you and me both'.

I don't know what to do.

I am tempted to start fresh with a new diet completely tbh. I think I need to weigh up the pros and cons of each.

WW

pros: feel more in control with this diet; lost weight successfully with them before.
cons: will need to learn new propoints system; more cost; more counting.

BFL - body-for-life

pros: eat 5-6 times a day with set spaces; encourages better planning; more restricted;have a completely free day once a week; I have a 90 day diary for it and the book.
Cons: I have only stuck to it for one week in the past; unsure about cooking with it; very strict during the week; free day may back-fire.

BFL for women

pros/cons: same as BFL except no free day - you can have a 'mini chill' each day instead.

SW
Pros: have a lot of cookery books; know this diet; can cook and not worry about portion sizes etc (I mean weighing exactly so you know exactly how many points like in ww - not that you can have massive portions).
cons: Can feel almost too unrestricted; been cheating on it for weeks now.

Sparkpeople

pros: free and all online; no rules as such; ensures completely balanced diet
Cons: lots of weighing and entering information

Well, without a decision being made I went for my standard 42g All bran for breakfast with semi milk (no banana as cupboards are bare).

oh BLAH!

I am going to put that on sparkpeople...maybe I can do three days of that?

I HAVE to fight this! I do not want to stay fat - it is ****.

Back