Getting to Goal by Zeke

Lol!! Have added you on there - and my May challenge is also 7lb!!! I may have set up a challenge (but if so i'll delete mine and use yours!!) xxxx

Lol!! Have added you on there - and my May challenge is also 7lb!!! I may have set up a challenge (but if so i'll delete mine and use yours!!) xxxx

I got the email telling me this and your message but it didn't appear on the site (it does this for some reason with about 25% of friend requests!). I have requested you as a friend now. Hopefully that will work, once you accept me I'll add you to the challenge! We can set up another one as well, if you can think of one.

Added!!! I can't think of anything at the moment!!! But will get my thinking cap on!! There's gotta be a challenge we've yet to do!!
xxxx

I think it might help if I type this out - and then do something about it.

I am having a really BLAH day.

It is my day off work (I only work part-time) and I have done approximately nothing apart from sit at my desk and use the internet.

Yes, it is TOTM. I just feel so lethargic. The house is in the kind of state that you would expect when someone is feeling highly lazy...which kind of make things worse...

I will FORCE myself out on a dog walk and hope that clears the cobwebs from my postive attitude.

You *are* allowed to have a blah day hon, and not beat yourself up about it!!!

TOTM is a pretty crappy time for me too (tho thankfully my pill has stopped that for me!) but I understand the lethargy and blahness!!

I don't think anyone ever laid on their deathbed saying "I wish I'd done more housework" so stop stressing about the state of the house, and if anyone else has a problem with it, tell em to sort it themselves!! As for getting out, you'll feel tons better once you're out! It's really quite mild out and a lovely evening for a walk, so get your shoes on and go for a wander with your favourite four-legged friend!! You'll both enjoy it, and you'll feel more productive!!

I'm currently missing my zumba class and feeling awful about it, but have a killer headache and needed to chill!!

Talk soon hon!!!!

(maybe out challenge should be walking certain amount/steps/length of time each day?! Tho I already walk about a mile just to and from work!!!)

Love and hugs xxxxxx

Thank you! I took the dogs out for a walk and it was lovely. I decided to do a short walk (20 mins) just to get me out of the house (I usually do an hour). I felt better almost immediately on getting outside - unsurprisingly!

The housework thing is partly making me blah tbh. I hate it when the house is a mess/dirty so prefer to keep on top of it daily...but it has been more than a few days now and is at the point where it needs a serious effort made with it - which makes me put it off even more! HA!

I shall have an early night tonight and hopefully tomorrow will be a ZING day! :D

Yes, some kind of exercise challenge would be good!

Glad you're feeling better!! Just been making some nutella cupcakes and about to put the rugrat to bed!!

Told you it was nice out!! Sometimes the smallest things can make the biggest difference! And poochy got a walk too!!!

I understand about the housework, tho I live with my folks so don't have to worry too much. Thou room could do with a good blitz ATM!! Perhaps we could share a zing day tomorrow?! Haha!

Do you do any classes? I have zumba mon and thurs, go to cinema on tue, WI on wed and swimming on Saturday's so any exercise should be simple enough to fit in between!!

What did you have for dinner tonight btw? Feeling really uninspired, but no idea what we've got in!! Xxx

Last nights dinner was very dull (I need to go shopping!).

I had a large salad, one tin of tuna and some light salad cream. That is the kind of thing I usually have for lunch...

I desperately need to go shopping now as I don't even have salad so I cannot do that again tonight. I think I am going to have an omelette of some description tonight (again dull but...it is the end of the week and I cannot be bothered!).

I don't go to any exercise classes yet but some friends of mine do zumba and I do keep saying I will come along one of these weeks.

Things I do/aim to do are:
  • Walking the dogs briskly
  • Stepper at gym (increasing resistance when I can)
  • Zumba wii game
  • 'The Firm' exercise DVDs. These are really good - I have a range from fairly easy 30 min ones to ones that near kill me and take an hour. These use weights and tall steps, too.
I am thinking of using some kind of points system to set myself targets.

Exercise points = time (in mins) x intensity (1-3)

so...

a 60 mins dog walk would be 60 x1 = 60

30 mins of the stepper would be 30 x 2 = 60

20 mins zumba wii = 20 x 2 = 40

50 mins killer DVD = 50 x 3 = 150

Not really sure what to set my target at...maybe I will just see how long it takes me to get to 1000? My minimum would be working at gold body magic level really.

Would something like that work for you?

I am also thinking that the time may have come for me to actually plan my exercise.

Right - I really have got to go shopping now! I will plan my exercise for the week when I get back. I think my exercise weeks will run sat-sat.

Hey!!

Your dinner sounds fine hon - i ended up having cheesey marmite pasta with some quark!! (Didn't know i liked the stuff, but bought some for cakes and ended up eating most of it!!!)
Not sure how it can be free, but i'm enjoying it anyway!!!

I need to go shopping too, but tonight i'm having a night in with a take away, courtesy of Tom (my OH) but i'm having a chinese i think and have allowed for the syns!!! Wahey!!!

You're better than me for going to the gym - i can't stand it!!!
But i like the idea of having goals/aims!! Mine would be:
* Zumba twice a week
*Walking more (tho haven't quantified it yet!)
*Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD
*Zumba wii (when i get it!)
*Swimming once a week (if i can!)

I'm sure there's more i should do, but can't think of anything atm!!

I like the points system too - that could work!!

How does Body Magic work?! I've not yet figured that out, and don't know how to ask/get my reward!

Anywho - i've gotta get ready to go to works drinks - so will be back later on!!!

Enjoy shopping!!!

Love and hugs

PS - Whereabouts do you live!? (If you don't mind me asking?!)

You can ask your leader for a FIT log (I have a pdf version I can email you if you want) and then give her/him that each week - whenever you like or you can simply tell them that you are due your x body magic award:

FitBronze.jpg

45 mins per week (spread over at least 3 sessions) maintained for 4 weeks

FitSilver.jpg

6 x 15 mins or 3 x 30 mins per week maintained for 4 weeks

FitGold.jpg

10 x 15 mins or 5 x 30 mins per week maintained for 8 weeks

FitPlatinum.jpg

Two consecutive gold awards

I have decided to have speedy prawn curry from the 100 free original book - very nice and it really is quick. Not cheap though!

I have changed my mind about the exercise points thing now - I am so fickle!

I think I am just going to declare what I will do exercise-wise for the week and update it with the reality (which, hopefully, will be even better!)

I guess I had better do that now?!

Sat
9-9.30 am Stepper in gym
10 am - 10.30 am FIRM ball exercise DVD
pm - dog walk
Sun
10 am - wii zumba
pm - dog walk
Mon
4-5 pm gym
pm - dog walk
Tue
4-4.30 Stepper in gym
pm - dog walk
Wed
11- 11.30 am FIRM ball DVD
pm - dog walk
Thu
4-4.30 Stepper in gym
pm - dog walk
Fri
pm - dog walk

I am going to try my first 'green day' tomorrow.

Enjoy your night in and take-away, Jodie (I have sent you a pm btw)! x

Last edited:
Home scales were kind to me today as I was down 1 lb from yesterday and made it into the 180's (189.8). Not long before I will be in the 170's and really feel like I am going somewhere then - as I will be over the big 'blip' on my graph!

Sat
9-9.30 am Stepper in gym :checkmark green:
10 am - 10.30 am FIRM ball exercise DVD Hair apppointment instead - forgot! I'll try and fit this in later...
pm - dog walk
Sun
10 am - wii zumba
pm - dog walk
Mon
4-5 pm gym
pm - dog walk
Tue
4-4.30 Stepper in gym
pm - dog walk
Wed
11- 11.30 am FIRM ball DVD
pm - dog walk
Thu
4-4.30 Stepper in gym
pm - dog walk
Fri
pm - dog walk

Last edited:
That's my hair cut done. I get my hair cut now every 6 weeks which is a major improvement from about six months ago when I used to go at least six months - year between cuts!

That got me thinking about other things I would like to start doing. Some of them I am not ready for yet, some of them I can start now and some I won't do until I am at goal.

1. Laser hair removal. I have always been put off because of the cost and the distance to the nearest place that does it. Now we have a place within a short walking distance of my home. There is also 30% off this May. I am definitely put off by my weight though but I don't want to wait until I am at goal, either. Thinking of starting we underarms and/or upper lip.

The price for those (without the 30% off) is:

upper lip - single treatment £80
- 6 treatments £400 (£67/ea)
- 8 treatments £560 (£70/ea)

Underarms - single treatment £90
- 6 treatments £450 (£75/ea)
- 8 treatments £630 (£78.75/ea)

Odd that buying 8 treatments works out more expensive than 6!

Of couse, legs etc you are talking about a lot more money over the whole treatment! Bit worried about starting off with my face as well! Umm...I guess if I buy the 6 treatments for underarms with 30% off that is £315. I could stretch to that and have a go at it.

Ultimately I would love to get my full legs done as well (but not until I am slimmer).

The other issue is pain. I have read reports of it being pain free to really bad. A friend of mine had her bikini line done and she said it was worse than childbirth! Which makes me want to try the lower legs first. Yikes. Now you are talking £1100 for 6 treatments (with the 30% off £770). Ummm I couldn't afford that until July and then the 30% would be gone (or would it?!).

If you have read all of this ramble then - SORRY!

I have written so much I think I should leave my other 'goal/getting to goal' wishes until another time!

Nooo, carry on!!!! I was getting into that!! I've never had any kind of laser treatment, but I eventually want laser tattoo removal (a devil in my left shoulder)[which wasn't there in the wedding dream!!!!] and would like to have laser vision correction (currently wear contacts).

Have never thought about hair removal though!!! Would be fab to never need to shave my legs again!!

Yay for the new haircut, and for the friendly scales!! I'm "lucky" in the sense that my digital scales have run out of battery! So no temptation to nip on and check progress!!

Sorry, nearly dropped phone and pressed send by accident!!
You'll have to send a photo of ur new haircut! My cousin did some highlights for me a few weeks back buy think I need something done to it cut-wise!

Anyway, got to go, time to get off the bus!!!
Talk soon, have a great day!!!
Love and hugs
MrsB xxxxxxxxxx

Hi MrsB - thanks for dropping by!

I have since been looking at at home laser hair removal. Namely the boots smooth skin. It is still quite pricy (£280) but significantly cheaper than doing the full body at a salon. If it works, of course! Reviews seem very postive on the whole. There are some negative ones saying that it doesn't work but I don't think they gave it long enough. At the salon you are supposed to go every 6 weeks for a minimum of 6 times - so a commitment of at least 36 weeks (to get all the hairs several times under the correct stage of growth) - the negative reviewers had only given it 10 weeks - 5 months so I think they expected long-lasting results too soon.

I am going to have another look at the reviews and see if there is anything else similar on the market and then probably buy it online! I figure that if I start now then I could be hair-free by goal (ready for the bikini next summer and all the lovely skirts and dresses....).

EDIT: I have bought one (should be here by Thurs)! I figure using it in the evenings will stop me snacking, too.

Last edited:
Right that is #1 sorted then!

2. Entertaining I would like to have friends round more for dinner/small parties/BBQs etc. This is something I am going to leave until I get to goal though.

3. Improve Image I have always been fairly rubbish at taking care of myself. Now I am a bit older I can see the importance of it more. I had my 'colours done' a while back which is a step in the right direction and does make a difference to the way I shop (rarely because I don't like the size!). The lady who did that also teaches style and does personal shopping. When I am closer to goal I would like to do that too with a mini shopping trip to the local shops. If that goes well I would like a full day out with her at a more major shopping destination when I get to goal (need to seriously start saving for that day then!).

4. Holidays We don't bother at all with them at the moment - partly because of having a young child and a few waste of money experiences and partly because spare cash has gone on the house over the last few years. The major reason now though is my weight. My son is old enough to really enjoy holidays now and it still be a relaxing break for us so the time has definitely come. In 2012 we will take a holiday whether I am ready or not (and, of course, I will be)!

I cannot think of anything else right now. I am already exercising and increasing that when I feel it is right so having an active lifestyle feels like a progression rather than a specific goal.

Right! I have a real tendancy to spend way too much time on the internet - which can lead to feeling very blah and not getting a lot else done.

I am at that point now.

My whole exercise plan has back-fired, too. I hurt my back (very minor and will be short-term) this am (standing still - it happens if I do that wearing flat shoes which is weird, I know. I stupidly didn't put my MBTs on this am even though I knew I would have to do some waiting around!)

I am going to *try* and stay off the internet until Thursday now (WI day). My main internet vices are:

minimins
facebook
another forum
daily mail website (I know - shoot me!)
mumsnet AIBU (as a lurker, I sensibly dropped my membership months ago)

I will be fine in a few days!

Hope your back feels better soon!!! I spend a lot of time on the internet too, but as a lot of the time it's on my phone so feel like it doesn't count!!!!

If I don't hear from you for a while, I'll know why you've gone quiet!!

Love and healing hugs xxx

I am back already :eek: :wave_cry:

I just need the support! Writing out my thoughts here does really seem to help.

I had 22 syns yesterday :eek:. Five of those were a ww meal as I hadn't organised anything for dinner (despite having all day to do so). I also did no exercise (partly due to bad back). Weight was down slightly today though so it wasn't as if I really pigged out or anything.

I have also started having my second HeB (and am doing RED days) during the day as well as some treat syns - which really isn't helping at all. I shall save them until the evening from now on!

I aim to have around 10 syns per day (and no more than 70 syns in a week). I am now on 52 syns for the week with 3 days left to go so I will stick to 6 syns max for each of these and I will be fine.

I had a friend at Uni (sadly we lost touch as she didn't approve of my relationship with the man who became my first husband - apparently we weren't suited at all. She was very outspoken - which is what I loved and loathed about her at the same time! She was right though and I still miss her.) who used to say 'doing it when it is tough is when it counts'. She represented her county for one sport and country for another so she wasn't one to shy away from hard work - being her flatmate though I also saw the other side of it, saw her struggle through the hard bits.

That still inspires me to this day! These last few days have been tough for me - I'm not quite sure why but I have definitely been quite 'blah'. I feel like I have barely clung on to losing weight during this, but I did. I needed a few extra syns one day to make it through but I could afford them in the week view.

My back is ok - I had to stand at the bus stop this am and it started to go even with my MBTs. It usually take a couple of days to sort out once I have done it though. I have got to stop making that mistake!

I got carried away with my exercise plans, too. My new goals are to simply take the dogs for a walk each day (don't worry my DH takes them if I don't!), even if it is only for 20 mins and go to the gym whilst my son is doing sport at the sports centre.

I keep cycling between getting inspired and overwhelmed by final goals and even mini goals.

Yes, I have my half-stone awards as my mini goal motivation (and they do motivate me, especially doing my measurements and putting them on my sig!) but my real psychological goals (home weights not class weights) are:

1. 191 lbs - start of 2008 weight loss campaign :checkmark green:
2. 180 lbs - end of 2010 weight loss campaign
3. 158 lbs - end of 2008 weight loss campaign
4. 137 lbs - end of 2001 weight loss campaign

Sometimes I just cannot believe that I have let myself become obese :( I also know that the time to move from being obese to being healthy is really only a matter of months. All I have to do is keep on doing what I am doing now - and equally importantly keep on doing a variation of it when I get there.

Fail to plan - plan to fail I need to remember and act on that one, too!

My weekly goal is always to aim for a 2 lb loss. I am 1.4 lbs down now according to my scales so a three day push should do it!

Welcome back!!!
(Don't berate yourself - there's no judgement here!! if it helps to write it down, then by all means do it!!! It's better to feel in control and online talking it through, then to feel alone and struggling with it!!)

We're all on a difficult, sometimes overwhelming journey, but you have great motivation, and have already come so far. I remember a quote from MrsWilsonCroft's siggy saying something like "Being overweight is hard, and dieting is hard: choose your hard" Which is always a good kick up the bum for me!!!

I've also been having to repeat the mantra "Failing to plan is planning to fail" and trying to get myself organised for the week!

Also been meaning to ask if MBT's are worth investing in. Do they work? I've ever really looked into the "fitness shoes" as i was never sure they were worth it (like the fit-flop craze!!). Mind you, if it causes a bad back i should probably steer clear - as i only have to sneeze awkwardly to cause a sciatica flare up!!

Take each day as it comes, and if you're feeling a little blah, gimme a call or PM, or come on here and vent - it'll make you feel better, and you'll know you aren't struggling alone.

Huge hugs being sent your way!!!

You can do this Zeke - Remember what SW says: you're amazing!!!!!

Much love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back