Getting to Goal by Zeke

Thank you MrsB! You are a good friend already! xx

I like that quote about choosing your hard!

My blah mood wasn't just about the diet - it was a general blah. We must diet through the blah though!

Amazingly my Boots IPL thing has just arrived. I only ordered in on Sat afternoon! That is quite exciting and I will definitely have a go this evening!

I have already prepped my lunch (spicy thai balls) so I am doing better today. I need to go into work for an hour or so before lunch (won't get back until 1.30 so no prep could lead to naughty nibbles!) and then I will work from home.

I got the MBTs because a couple of colleagues have them (one because of posture/something to do with her feet and the other because of her knees). I bought them because they are super comfy for work and stop my back 'going' when I stand still. They did not cause my bad back - I was wearing crocs when it went yesterday am. I don't have them for the toning aspect at all although if I do walk any distance in them you can feel them walking that way. I have them for comfort when standing for a long time and walking short distances around work (they are not trainers - they are the shoe kind and at £175 they were certainly a big decision!). In short, no, I wouldn't recommend them unless you had a specific reason as to why you think you need them.

£175 for a pair of shoes!??!?! Crikey?! Perhaps not then!!! Will have to tone my legs and bums the hard way!!!! Though they do sound comfy - they'd have to have beels and whistles, and make the tea for me to be able to justify them!! Hahahaha!!!

Thats great news about the IPL! ANd super speedy delivery! Let me know how you get on!!!

Spicy thai balls sound amazing - how do you make them!? I'm just scoffing some more fruit and will probably have some rice for lunch! (Did a quick supermarket shop this morning, so i'm ready for the work-week (lunch wise!)

What a pain to have to go into work for an hour! Still, it's great that you've planned for it!! I always try to carry some syn free snacks in my bag, just in case i'm caught short!!!

You're so right - we do have to diet through the blah days!! Through the good and the bad, just have to focus more on the bad days!!!

And you're a great friend too!! Love reading your posts, plus it's great to have a friend/ally when doing something so life changing!!!! The challenges make it more fun and it's good knowing you have a support network!! Especially on here!!! I thank my lucky stars i found this place!!!

Love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Spicy thai balls sound amazing - how do you make them!?

They are great to have made up in the fridge!

Just put together in a bowl:

1 large onion, finely chopped; 2 red chillies, finely chopped; 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped; 1 tablespoon fish sauce; 1 tablespoon of soy sauce; 1 tablespoon of chopped lemon grass (I have missed this out before and it makes no difference); 1 tablespon finely grated ginger; 1 lb extra lean mince beef; salt and pepper.

Mix up and roll into approx 16 balls. Cook by frying with fry light - only takes a few mins.

It is free on RED and EE.

I use the normal red chillies but you are supposed to use the hot ones (not available in my local supermarket) they are fine though - not very hot at all but tasty.

I live very close to work (I could walk there) so it really isn't a pain. I really enjoyed going in today - felt it was worthwhile which always helps!

umm...should I get on with my marking, the ironing or have a go with my new IPL toy now?!

Hmmmm - tough choice!! I'm inclined to say either ironing or marking first, then have the IPL as a treat - although if it's uncomfortable it may not feel like a treat!! Haha!

Perhaps ironing, IPL then marking to take it easy?! x

PS Will definitely be trying the thai balls!! Yum!! xxx

Ha Ha! I had a little go with my IPL and then it was time to collect my son and take him to his tennis lesson. I then went to the gym.

I enjoyed the gym however there was a problem :eek:. I actually ran on the treadmill towards the end but I had to stop for two reasons - my ankles started to hurt (happens more a low speed?) and I need to strengthen my pelvic floor muscles. Seriously. OMG. It isn't like both of these things haven't happened before so I was expecting it but even so. I have to sort this out in the short (tena!) and long term (exercises). Nice. Losing weight should help, too, apparently but it is largely down to childbirth.

I will now make myself do a basket of ironing and some marking before having another go with the IPL.

Yesterday was a much easier day and I kept below my 6 syns limit (I had five and could have easily skipped that if needed). Hopefully I am well and truly over my blah days! HA!

I was nicely rewarded on the scale, too. I am reading 2 lbs down this week with two days to go so hopefully I will at least keep that.

Good morning!!

So, I'd the IPL working?! And how much does it hurt?! Can u send a link to which one you have as I've no idea what it is!!!

Don't worry about the marking or ironing, they'll still be there when you've finished!!! Haha!!!

Yay for the 2lb loss! That's great, well done!! I've resisted the temptation to get on the scales, largely cos little man's been hogging the wii, and my scales need a new battery!!! Hoping for a big loss tomorrow night though, ive been 100% almost every day!!!

Good luck with the pelvic floor exercises! I had to do them after little man was born and I hated them!! But needs must. And now I can sneeze without fear!!! Hahahaha!!!!

What do you have planned for today?! Xxx

You have to shave first with the IPL to ensure the energy is directed at the roots - it will take several weeks before I will be able to see any difference in regrowth and several months to realistically expect any permanent changes. It is very tempting to just do one leg so I can compare!

DAMN IT! I have just realised that there is an updated, more expensive model out. TBH I would have prob gone for that if I had known. Umm...hopefully this will work anyway.

Boots Smooth Skin Intense Pulsed Light hair reduction system - Boots

I wouldn't say it hurts. I did my legs on the highest setting and most of the time could barely feel it. I did feel it in some places but it hurts way less than waxing. Makes me worry that it won't be working properly though!

I did the marking this am but the ironing still waits...

I should have done the pelvic floor muscles when I gave birth - nearly 7 yrs ago - and the fact that I didn't is my problem! Grrr!

Last edited:
Wow - looks great, and a little daunting!!!
Not sure i could trust it to do it properly, and it seems to have mixed reviews, really hope it works for you though!!!
I'd love to try it - but it's a bit of an expensive purchase if it's "just for fun"! At least you thought about it, and it's one of your goals!!!!

How's the regrowth on it?! I think thats the only thing that could persuade me to consider one! I hate regrowth!!

Mind you, i only ever had my legs waxed, and still wince when anyone suggests having a bikini wax!! Think i'm gonna have to take the plunge one of these days!! Or maybe i'll wait and suprise the OH on our wedding night - HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sorry - in a strange mood - i blame tiredness and sunshine, and toooo much coffee!!!! :D

It's never too late for the exercises hon - just add them into your routine and do them when you remember (Doing the washing up, walking the dogs, anytime!!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I seriously think it will take a year before I can expect not to really have to use it again or shave or wax. I suspect a lot of the negative reviews simply didn't give it long enough. It does say that it should work in 10-12 sessions but I am pretty sure that is at odds with hair growth cycles if that is done weekly. We'll see!

As it is so time-consuming I am almost certainly not going to do my entire body at once. I am going to do my underarms, bikini and left lower leg to start with (I just have to do a comparison!).

Yeah, I really am going to have to do those exercises. I need something like a wrist band to remind me to do them!

Well I have done my 30 mins on the stepper and took the dogs for a short walk (had son with me so couldn't go that far) so I have ticked my exercise box today.

I have a few things coming up that I need to ensure I plan for:

I am going to see family/friends in my home town this weekend. I am going to leave on sat am and not get back until sun pm. I am staying at a friends house. As I am seeing separate groups of people I am going to try and avoid seeing people over a meal time (so I don't even need to bother telling them - generally best avoided!) and ensure that I take plenty of the correct types of food with me. I will almost certainly have to tell my friend but she will probably be happy to eat what I am if I take a 'free curry' with me or something. I am definitely going to have to put some effort into planning and packing for this!

The weekend after that I taking my son on a train trip to see a friend of mine. Again, I will have to plan and pack for that.

I absolutely WILL NOT use these things as excuses to come off plan because it is 'too hard' or bow to pressure from people.

Interesting!

I have just entered my measurements into a body type calculator.

I am a banana

body-shape.gif

I then put in my measurements from when I was slimmer (137 lbs) and I was still a banana! I have to admit that that surprised me even though the stats (for the female population) are:

Banana 46%
Pear 20%
Apple 14%
Hourglass 8%

I wonder if that will be the same if I ever really do get down to my ideal weight? I don't consider 137 lbs to be my ideal - it was just very close! Hopefully, I will get to find out....I had assumed that when I was 137 lbs I was an hourglass because my waist was a size 10 but my bust and hips were a 12. Wishful thinking more like!

Last edited:
I think I might put my PB (personal best) targets down in my sig now.

These are:

2010 - 180 lbs (home scales so +3 for in class)

2008 - 158.4 lbs ( I'll round that for class scales to 161.5 lbs)

2001 - 137 lbs (so 140 lbs)

This diet is THE diet that gets me to target so I really want to blow all of those out of the water and come up with my lowest ever 2011 PB (realistically it might be in 2012...)!

Interesting!

I have just entered my measurements into a body type calculator.

I am a banana

body-shape.gif

I then put in my measurements from when I was slimmer (137 lbs) and I was still a banana! I have to admit that that surprised me even though the stats (for the female population) are:

Banana 46%
Pear 20%
Apple 14%
Hourglass 8%

I wonder if that will be the same if I ever really do get down to my ideal weight? I don't consider 137 lbs to be my ideal - it was just very close! Hopefully, I will get to find out....I had assumed that when I was 137 lbs I was an hourglass because my waist was a size 10 but my bust and hips were a 12. Wishful thinking more like!

Whats the website hon?! Looks interesting!!! Think my current body shape is closer to "orange" than anything!! Haha!! xxxx

Good luck with your PB sweetheart!!! xxx

Whats the website hon?!

Body Type Calculator

There seem to be 'extra' body types on other website though and, of course, there is a range.

Apparently the ideal hourglass shape has a waist 9 inches smaller than the hips/bust.

My waist (last time I measured) was 8.5 inches smaller than my hips but only 7 inches smaller than my bust.

When I was slim my waist was 9 inches smaller than my bust and 11 inches smaller than my hips (an ideal hourglass should be approx the same for hips and bust or bust bigger than hips). That's why I was a bit surprised to be a banana then as well!

Last edited:
There are two silly little things bothering me!

I have just been fiddling around with my sig and they came up.

Usually, when I start a diet I am starting at a new personal worst :eek:. Not this time though as my personal worst was Feb 2010 when I hit 210 lbs (15 st exactly). I then lost 30 lbs. I then gained 21 lbs. I then started SW.

So, as I started WI daily from my personal worst I have the whole 30 lb loss and 21 lb gain and now 12.2 lbs loss recorded on my graph.

11May2011.png

That, to me, is an important part of my weight history and I want to acknowledge that I am down 21.2 lbs from my highest.

The other thing is all my historical and above graph weights have been done first thing in the morning, naked.

My minimins weights are all about my SW class weights (which as typically 3 lbs heavier) and how I have done since starting SW 5 weeks ago.

What the hell am I saying?! Does it even matter?!

:D

The only way I am going to be able to sort this out is to get to target!

It is WI day this morning and my scales have me down 2.6 lbs, so I am expecting at least a 2 lbs loss on the class scales :D

OMG - I just scrolled down to find my week summary thing to add to and was SHOCKED by how much I have wrote in here in the last week. What the hell else am I going to talk about for the rest of my journey? :eek:

I lost 2 lbs this week :D

Mass in Class (mass at home first thing, naked)
Week 1 - 14 st 8 lbs (14 st 5 lbs)
Followed EE plan this week. Lost 4 lbs (4.8 lbs)
Week 2 - 14 st 4 lbs (14 st 0.2 lbs)
Followed EE but badly - probably had too much fruit, also had smoothies before I realised that was wrong. Also had 84 syns + smoothie fruit syns. Lost 1 lbs (0 lbs)
Week 3 - 14 st 3 lbs (14 st 0.2 lbs)
Swapped to red days after two days this week and started exercising more. Managed to stay under 70 syns this week (69.5!). Lost 3.5 lbs (3.4 lbs)
Week 4 - 13 st 13.5 lbs (13 st 10.8 lbs) Red days all week. Syns 66. TOTM end of week. Lost 1.5 lbs (1.8 lbs).
Week 5 - 13 st 12.0 lbs (13 st 9.0 lbs) Red days all week. Syns around 75. First week without filling in food diary to hand-in at class - mental tracking towards end of week. Lost 2.0 lbs (2.6 lbs).
Week 6 - 13 st 10.0 lbs (13 st 6.4 lbs)

This proves again why I like to daily-weigh first thing in the morning and weigh at class. You can really see fluctuations. I wore a slightly heavier top this week and had a cup of coffee before (unlike last week and the week before). I still like to keep my class weights as my official ones though as I like this being split into weeks and at the end of the day a small fluctuation between the two cancels out to nothing over the course of the journey.

Plans for the week ahead - continue with red days. Track properly. Fit in the exercise and try really hard to achieve another 2 lb loss next week so I can get my 1 stone award.

I was going to start measuring my body fat % when I reached the healthy BMI range but I think I might start doing it every Thurs. The best time apparently is first thing but after having a glass of water (I have those body fat scales)...in fact I may start doing my measurements on a Thurs as well. I was only doing them when I thought I would get an award. I will only put them in my sig when I get a SW award though.

Last edited:
Back