Getting to Goal by Zeke

Hey!!!

Well done on the loss - that's great news!!!!

How are you finding red days?! I'm only just used to extra easy, but might switch it up a bit when i need a change!! Also want to try success express at somepoint!!

And don't worry about how much you write - it's for your benefit (and for me to be nosey!! Hahaha!!!)

By the way - how come your fridgegraph looks different to mine? Mine has one green line, but yours has lots of little blue ones? Thought maybe i'd done it wrong!?

Love and hugs!!

PS Now i have my measurements, i can do my body type!!
xxxx

I am also a banana!!! Hahaha!! Will be interesting to see how that changes!! xxx

LOL - we are a pair of bananas then!

Not sure about the fridgegraph. I have no goal setting on mine though. The line you are talking about could be your goal line? It doesn't look like you have done anything wrong at all.

Mine has a lot of data on it (the main one) as I have entered a weight every day for nearly 15 months! Sunday am will be the first time I won't (away overnight) since I started.

I like red days. I feel more in control somehow. I don't think I could have started on them though. I plan to mix up all three plans when I get into the groove a bit more but for now red is my friend!

Thanks!

Wow!! That's a great idea! But think i like the surprise of once a week, and think i'd get a little disheartened if i weighed myself every day, as invariably there would be a rise every now and then!!

I think i'll stick to another week of EE then might try red!!

Lots of love - the other 'nana!! xxxxx

0511-0712-1412-0921_Two_Happy_Bananas_Dancing_Together_clipart_image.jpg

Lots of love - the other 'nana!! xxxxx

0511-0712-1412-0921_Two_Happy_Bananas_Dancing_Together_clipart_image.jpg

Love it!!

Yeah, I have been doing the daily-weigh thing for so long that the daily fluctuations don't bother me too much. I pretty much plan to daily-weigh forever now. Mainly because I fully accept that losing the weight is really only the first step in being slim for me. As you can see from my graph and weight history I am beyond rubbish at maintaining! I have spent my entire adult life either losing or gaining weight.

I bought the six week countdown at class on my first week, and that finished today. I toyed with the idea of 'going alone' from now but I now think that would be a big mistake. I will buy another six week countdown next week!

Oooh - what's a 6 week countdown?!

I'm pretty useless at maintaning, so can completely empathise!!
After doing LL and losing 3 stone, i really thought i'd be able to maintain, without completeing the programme, and retraining to eat. The counselling *did* help my relationship with food, but at the same time, without anyone to "keep me in check" i didn't feel the need to monitor myself, and before i knew it, my jeans were tight, or worse, wouldn't go on, and i'd put it all back on.

I was devastated. This *has* to be it now though - i don't want to get to 30 and still feel rubbish about myself.
I'm in a good, happy, accepting place with every part of my life, except my body, and at 30, i want to be able to go out with confidence, and tell the world "This is me!! It's taken 30 years to know myself and accept myself, and now i'm gonna enjoy being me in my brand new slender self!! No more overindulging!!!

So, that's when i decided to try here - they don't claim to be a diet as such, but an eating plan for life - which is what i want!! I need to change old habits, so one day at a time - we WILL get to goal!!! xxxxxx

That's exactly why I am doing SW now. I have always done WW in the past and generally ended up stopping because I was so sick of counting points - although I did love it for the first 8-10 weeks! It has now got to the point though that I am sick of counting points before I even start! Out of my friends/people I know who have lost weight it is generally the SW followers who have kept it off because they still follow a modified version of the plan. I think SW encourages you to cook more from scratch as well, if you stick to free recipes, as you don't need to worry about weighing out your exact portion.

I didn't realise you had done LL. I was tempted by it but I think DH would freak at the cost and one of my colleagues who did it with dramatic results has put it all back on again...

A six week countdown is where you buy 6 weeks in one go for the price of 5.

No - you won't be feeling rubbish about your weight at 30 and I won't be at 40! I have just under two years until then - what about you?

I have (works it our on her fingers) 1 year and 5 months!!

Oh - i know what the 6 week countdown thing is!! I'm always tempted but never have!!

LL is ridiculous! When i went it was just under £70 A WEEK!!! Madness! I'm still amazed that i paid that much money to starve myself for months and *still* put the weight back on!! I could've paid for another holiday with that!!!

SW is definitely the way forward!! I got sick of the points on WW as well!! Which is why the free foods are working for me!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've just worked out - if i lose 2lb a week, it will take me 37 weeks to get to goal.....which is a lot less than i thought it would be!!
xxxx

Loads of time then! You joined MiniMins on my 38th birthday!

We have practically the same starting weights.

We are both Bananas.

No wonder we get on!

:banana dancer::banana dancer:

(sorry, I just had to use these!)

HAHAHAHAHAH!!! Those icons crack me up!!! Never thought about looking at those!!
Think that suits us perfectly!!

Awww - Happy belated birthday!!! :birthday::candle1::bday:
I had no idea!! Obviously it's a sign we were bound to get on!!

Will definitely have to have a meet up one day!!! Reckon we'd have a right laugh!!

:banana dancer:
banana%20dancer.gif
banana%20dancer.gif
banana%20dancer.gif
banana%20dancer.gif
Hehehehehee!!!!

I've just worked out - if i lose 2lb a week, it will take me 37 weeks to get to goal.....which is a lot less than i thought it would be!!
xxxx

:D

Plenty of wriggle room, too.

Ideally, I would like to get down to 128 lbs (on home scales/approx 131 at class) so we have approx the same amount to lose as well.

I am working on losing 2 lbs a week. I have always averaged that whatever weight I started at. However, I have never been on a diet for longer than 2-3 months and I have never lost those last 5-10lbs either so I am pleased to have so long to do it in.

Even though I am still obese I feel better already. I know I am fitter as my stats are better at the gym. My clothes are looser and people who don't know that I am trying to lose weight have started commenting. I think it is a journey to be enjoyed and there will be plenty of NSVs along the way!

We are going to look FAB on our big '0' birthdays!

Oh cool!! Your stats thing has a different goal weight, but it's good to know i sahn't be alone in getting to goal, as you'll be right there too!!!

And you're right - we will look amazing for our 0 birthdays!!!!! We should have a joint celebration some time in between the two!! Hahaha!!

What's NSVs by the way, or am i just being daft?!?!

NSV = non scale victory - like fit fitting into a size 14 dress etc

My stats goal is simply BMI 25 - which is the max weight I would be able to declare target at SW (it is also 3.5 st exactly). I am first of all focusing on getting there and after that I plan to increase my goal in 7 lb increments and see how I get on. My ultimate goal has always been 128 though (BMI 21). I am ready to declare that unrealistic if need be though and call target earlier. I just have to get to a healthy target and stick at it this time around.

Last edited:
Aaaah - that makes sense then!!!!

I think i chose my target at random, as it was the mid-point of a "healthy" BMI, but i may change it as i don't think it's overly realisetic - having never been that size before!! The smallest i've been was about a size 12-14, so will see what weight i am at the size.

I tend to gauge it on my cousin. She did WW and lost loads, and is now in a 10-12, at about 10st 5lb (+/- 5lb) and as we're about the same height i figure i should realisetically be about 10st.

We'll see how i feel when i finally get to target!!!

How's your day going so far?! xxxx

Dieting day is going fine, thanks!

The day in general...ok I guess! House is a mess and I need to get myself sorted for my overnight trip tomorrow. I will be so pleased when I am back home again on Sunday and I have ticked off that obligation for another few months!

Time to bid farewell until Sunday pm :wave_cry:

I'm leaving around 10 am so I cannot put off getting ready much longer! Really don't want to go...

Had a bit of a fluctuate up on the scales this morning (I could feel it before I got on so I was expecting it) - hopefully, that will be gone and some more for when I next WI on Monday.

Welcome bk!!! Glad you managed to stay on track-great feeling of achievement!! Did you have a nice time?!

I'm always on ee and haven't tried anything else yet!!

I had a rubbish day yesterday, an today I'm struggling with my superfree, so kudos to you!!!

Xxxxxx

Back