Getting to Goal by Zeke

Thank you!

I ended up wearing trousers (couldn't find the jeans I usually wear!) so that may have helped me lose 2 lbs :D. I don't feel like I have cheated though as my home and class losses are now both 14.0 lbs exactly.

It is amazing what a difference a few weeks make really! You will be getting loads of stickers very soon...all you have to do is do exactly what you are already doing!

Right I am off to change my sig and then I need to come back and talk bra sizes!

I have decided to measure my bra size with each 1/2 stone loss as well now. Varies though!

Bravissimo (using current bra (40E) and their video) - 38E
85b - 38DD
Wikipedia - 38G
M&S - 38G

I'm really not convinced that I am a 38G. I think I will go with a 38E. At least they agree on the 38! I guess I could be a 38F. I guess I'm not really going to know unless I go and try some on! When I bought my last one (local shop) I bought a 40E as they didn't have the size we came to the conclusion I really was. I think I was supposed to be a 40F?

Hell I don't know! I am going to declare a 38F and be done with it...I am not going to go out and buy a new bra today, this one (yes, I have ONE that fits fairly well, another that is ok for when the other is in the wash and sports bra) will do for a while longer.

:party0011::banana dancer::thankyouthankyou: WOOOOOOH!!!!!!

Well done on the 2lbs and getting your stone shiny!!!
I'm so jealous!!! :jelous:

Regarding bra sizes - i honestly have no clue!!
Last time i got fitted in my local Debenhams i was a 38G, but they didn't have that size, so gave me a 36F instead, which actualy really hurts (currently), so can only wear it now and then!! But i'm actually surviving in my old 38DD bras (from Avon!) which are doing the job, as refuse to buy any new bras until necessary!!! I keep seeing an advert for a figleaves swimming cossie that i really want!! Maybe i'll treat myself to an item of clothing everytime i lose a stone?!?!
xxxx

Thank you! :D

Yes, I think buying yourself a clothes treat with every 1 stone loss is a good idea! No way I am buying new bras every time I change size a bit though - I will wait until it is more desperate!

Just been thinking - when I get my next shiny I will also get my 10% and (most importantly for me) get back down to what I was last June. Then I will feel I have REALLY started! That will be a good day - hopefully it is only 1 month away.

So, I did my body fat this morning using my scales (this method isn't supposed to be completely accurate but it will do). I did it first thing after drinking a glass of water.

Looks like it agrees fairly well with the BMI but not completely:

Healthy: 21-33%
Overweight: 33-39%
Obese: over 39%

As my current BMI is 30.7 and my body fat is 41.2% I will probably still be obese using the bodyfat measure when BMI says I am overweight. I am fine with that though!

I do like having extra things to measure, note progress with and 'tick off'!

I am feeling a LOT better about work today - which I kinda predicted! So much so I think I am motivated enough to actually do some on my day off!

Last edited:
I'm the same!! My bras will do until a new one is needed!!
And i think trating myself to clothes is more of an incentive to keep going!! I think for every item of clothing i buy, i shall get rid of an oversized item of mine!!! That way i'll be replacing and updating my wardrobe one step at a time!!

How do you work out body fat????? Not sure i'd want to know, but as you say, its something else to track and watch diminish!!!

So glad you're having a good day today!!! Its been a little chaotic here, hence the slow replys!!! xxxxxxx

My scales measure bodyfat but you can get calipers to do it was well (these can be very innaccurate in inexperienced hands though!). The most accurate way is a CT scan (!) or water immersion I think. That's more for your serious athlete though!

I need to go shopping - AGAIN! I bought two new sources of inspiration today - the meals for a fiver book and the new SW mag. I shall choose one thing to try out of each before going shopping.

Last edited:
I got the mag too!!! Don't have the meals for a fiver book though!! (Although was thinking about getting it last week!) I have quite a few books now though, and barely use them as it is!!

Let me know what you're gonna try! Your dinners always sound lovely!! xxxxx

PS - don't think my scales measure body fat, but that's probably a good thing!!!
xxxxx

Glad you asked! Still hadn't got round to picking!

From the mag: pg 56 - Pork with bacon and sage stuffing.

From the family feasts for a fiver book: pg 34 - BBQ chicken and pepper fajitas.

I plan to get all the recipe books eventually. Well probably!

I have:

splb-255.jpg
splb-253.jpg
splb-251.jpg
splb-233.jpg

splb-232.jpg
splb-210.jpg
splb-208.jpg
untitled-1.jpg
-ss.jpg

I actually have the have the 2010 syns guide, low syn snack guide and free branded food guide (just re-discovered - could be quite useful)! It would be good to have the 2011 but they are quite expensive and I doubt whether that much has changed! I might wait until the 2012 is out!

I am ending up having a WW meal for dinner (10 syns! :(). Got half way through cooking the prawn curry and then realised I had no prawns. Still the sauce is all made up for tomorrow now.

I had a look at the hardback books but I didn't see many recipes that were free, so I'm not rushing to buy those yet. Might be nice target treats!

These are the (current) ones I have yet to get:

splb-259.jpg
splb-258.jpg
splb-257.jpg
splb-256.jpg

splb-252.jpg
splb-246.jpg
splb-245.jpg
splb-230.jpg

recipe_cartoon.jpg

Last edited:
Hahahaha!!! That comic made me laugh!!!!

I have a few of those books - could scan them in if you wanted?! Or perhaps we could do a swap?!? I have:

images.jpg
splb-230.jpg
splb-232.jpg
splb-233.jpg
splb-245.jpg
splb-259.jpg
snacks.jpg

Been waiting for AGES for the Extra Easy food optimising days!! But my class never seems to have it!!

Oh bugger about the curry - still at least it's all ready for you tonight!!!

I wouldn't worry about the 10 syns, i reckon you'll still be within your weekly "allowance"! I worked out, i have about 60 a week, so still averages at less than 10 a day!!!

How's your day going so far?!?! xxxxx

Hell no - definitely not worth scanning! Thank you!

I have enought for now really, especially as I am only doing red days really.

My leader did a big order for the new books a few weeks back and loads of people ordered them. I noticed that she has a few copies on the 'book table' now as well. Hassle your leader!

I wasn't worried about the syns - I do try to have about 10 a day (70/week). I am definitely finding I do rely on them so much in the evening these days - so life is easier.

Going ok, thanks. Manic busy at work - just stopped for lunch.

ADD: just popped into iceland for a big bag of prawns!

I bought some pork to make that thing out of the mag yesterday, too. I had better check the use-by date.

I am off to London (well Clapham junction) to meet up with a friend I haven't see for years (we were close at uni and she has been living abroad for quite a while) - meeting her two year old for the first time! Pity I still haven't organised my tickets or anything - need a new railcard, too! I tried after work but, naturally, the ticket offices at TWO stations were closed!

x

Last edited:
Just had a look at Capricorn's diary and I have come away being uber impressed and inspired!

I need to start taking my food diary more seriously. I know I have, largely, resisted posting it on here (and currently hold it in my head since my 4 weeks diary for the leader stopped) but I think I need to change my ways. I can see how that could easily start to lead to trouble.

I am going to blatantly copy Capricorn's for now at least:

7.30 am
  • 42g All bran (B)
    [*]250ml semi (A)
    [*]banana
12.30 pm
  • Tuna in Brine
    [*]lettuce
    [*]peppers
    [*]onion
    [*]Carrots
    [*]Light salad cream
    (1.5)
3.30 pm
  • Rhubarb Mullerlight
4.30 pm
  • 2 peaches
    [*]Prawns
(Yesterday - Red + 1A + 2B + 10 syns)

Blimey!! You have been busy!!! Well dine, and thanks!! I know where to come for my stickies now!!! Haha!!

Diary's looking good hon!!! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks!

I am possibly going to have an off-plan day today. I am off to Clapham in about an hour (**** not ready!) and have decided that I don't want to take a load of stuff with me. The plan is to eat sensibly trying to stick to food optimising as best I can (so I am not going to suddenly start eating cake, crisps and chocolate bars!) but I'm not going to be fanatical.

Hopefully I can report back with good results later. I will post here what I eat so hopefully that will keep in check!

Ooh, ur probably there now so not sure you'll see this, but good luck!!! Hope you have a great day!!!
Maybe next time ur in London I'll come meet you!!

Keep us posted on your day!!

Love and hugs xxxxx

OMG OMG OMG

SYN- CITY alert!!! I need to post and draw a line under it.

8.30 am - 42 g all bran, banana, semi milk

11 am (on train) - 1 softmint, 2 crisps, 1 alpen light

2 pm - small baked pot, cottage cheese, salad garnish

5.40 pm (on train again) - 1 oat pot thing (300 kcals -healthy) - still hungry - a few bites of son's sausage roll :)eek:), 2 hi fi bars :)eek:)

7 pm (on platfrom waiting for another train) - bag of McCoys :)eek:), tube of wine gums :)eek:), 1/4 tube wine gums :)eek:), a few starburst :)eek:).

8 pm (at home) - 4 biscuits :)()

Went a bit wrong on the journey home then! I was hungry - hardly any salad with lunch, no yogurt and fruit snacks.

I'll have to tell you about the day later. It was fine but very much ruled by my friend's toddler.

Anyway, I don't think I need a dinner now. I am going to have a glass of wine though!

What matters now is that I am 100% back on food optimising tomorrow and I make a big effort with the exercise!

I would love to meet you in London!

Ok, so I did have that glass of wine and a few more nibbles. That day is over though.

Here are my morning weights:

TH (wi day): 187
FR: 186.2
SA: 186.4
SU: 187

I am just back up to what I was on Thursday and I have a whole four days to lose some weight for next Thursday - I'll take that!

So, yesterday. I learnt/reconfirmed quite a lot.

Today is the most important dieting day for me so far in this journey. I am going to slip up again, I know that. I am going to have a lot more days like this on maintanence. What I simply have to do is learn that I have the ability to pick myself straight and get on with it.

I know all to well that historically days like this are what signals the end of a weight-loss attempt for me. Not with SW though!

If it turns out that I can cut right back on syns for the rest of the week then great, but I am quite happy to have up to 10 each day if it keeps me on plan.

I am going to properly diary today:

8.15 am - Not that hungry probably because I had more than usual yesterday!
42g All bran (HeB)
Banana
250 ml Semi (HeA) - actually I had a mix (semi and skimmed) and I now don't measure because what I have on my cereal and a few cups of coffee adds up to 250 ml previous experiments have shown.
11.45 am - a bit peckish, been working (sitting down) all morning!
Apple
1 pm
Large salad (mixed lettuce and herbs, tomoto, red onion, red and yellow peppers, cucumber)
Tuna in brine
2pm
Apricot mullerlight
3.30 pm
Hifi Bar (HeB)
5.30 pm
2 Brazil Nuts (2)
6.00 pm
Bacon and sage stuffed Pork (from new SW Mag)
Big pile of veg (broccoli, cauliflower, peas, carrots)

Last edited:
Another thread made me remember that last year I started adding in my measurements monthly into Extrapounds.com: weight loss social network

It tracks them for you and produces graphs etc.

So I logged in and added last Thursdays and compared them with last years (appox same weight). There is really quite a big difference for the same appox weight - especially my waist!

5 Apr 2010 (200.6 lbs) 43/35.75/43.75
2 May 2010 (191.4 lbs) 41.5/34.25/43.75
30 May 2010 (182.2 lbs) 41.5/34/43.5

19 May 2011 (187 lbs) 42/36/43.5

So, my waist was smaller last year when I weighed nearly a stone more?! Maybe I was pulling the tape tighter or something?

Anyway, now I have re-discovered it I am going to start doing my weekly 'body log' on there.

Hey sweetheart! That website sounds good, will have to have a look!!!

Glad you've managed to rein yourself I. Ad stay in track!! Would be very sad to lose you, and would kiss reading your diary!!

Sorry I've not been around so much!! Keep saying that I'll write loads when I get on my computer, bit i've not been on it yet!!

Hope youre having s fab day today!! Xxxxxx

Hi - hope you are having a great day, too!

I just deleted all of last years stats from that site and added in of this years. I think this years are more accurate tbh.

Yep, you are stuck with me. I am NOT giving up this time!!!

Back