Getting to Goal by Zeke

Hi!

Yes, I had a nice time - thank you! It was lovely seeing everyone.

I think today will be harder than yesterday TBH. Right now I feel ike something naughty! I won't though.

Sorry you are struggling with the superfree. The thought of having more salad/fruit/veg right now isn't that appealing to me either. Well, I guess we have to force ourselves on these day ...

xx

Going to check out your diary now!

I am officially not food optimising today.

I was sooooo tired this afternoon (I have slept badly the last two nights) and feel quite run-down (mouth ulcer has appeared now).

I am not 'being bad' as such though.

Just want to document what I am having so that I don't turn this into a 'well I have ruined today so I may as well have whatever I like!'.

Breakfast: 42g All bran, 1 sml banana, semi skimmed milk

Snack: fat free yogurt

Lunch: salad, baked pot, baked beans

Snacks: mixed fruit medley, alpen light, dark choc (not sure how much exactly prob about 10-12 syns worth), glass of semi skimmed milk; fat free natural yogurt

Dinner: porridge (1/2 cup made with water), 2 sml bananas, more semi skimmed milk.

So, although it is clearly now a SW day, Calorie-wise I'm not doing badly.

I don't plan to eat anything more today, but I may if hungry (Maybe an orange or something nothing major). An early night, too!

I want to try and adjust my normal food optimising days too now. I don't think I am eating enough 'good fat' so I want to include more (some!) oily fish in the week and start using some of my syns to have some olive oil, nuts and flaxseed during the week, too. I think I may go back to EE for the rest of the week as well. I shall research the syn values of the nuts etc this evening.

I am pretty sure I simply didn't eat enough yesterday which has added today's feeling of being run-down.

Yesterday was:

breakfast (8.30 am): 42 g All Bran, banana, semi skimmed
Lunch (12.30 pm): salad, tin of tuna, alpen light
Dinner (8.30 pm): vegetables, kheema curry (free on red/EE)
Snacks (10pm): glass of white wine, zero fat yogurt

Easy aim for tomorrow:

eat salmon!

Last edited:
Oh no. :( Sorry to hear you're run down, and hope ur mouth ulcer goes soon. If you need to chat/rant, you know where I am!!

Sometimes I forget to optimise, which is daft, but it always seems more difficult to stay focused at the weekend. I muss the routine and structure of the week (as boring as it may be!)

Good luck in your oil/fish mission (fission!!!! Haha!) I ought to do the same! My fave meal on ww was steamed salmon, with new potatoes and veg (broccoli and carrots usually!!) yum!!

Hopefully gonna try the superspeed soup tomorrow!! Should be fun!!

Love And hugs xxx

Thanks!

I had a good nights sleep last night so hopefully that will have me back on track now!

Mercifully, I am down on the scales - not much, but a bit below what I was when I had the fluctuate up on Saturday. I am only down 0.4 lbs so far this week with 3 days to go. Not that that means anything - no idea how much I will end up losing this week.

Superspeed soup sounds like something I should be into. Please report back on that!

Last night I had some rivita and some phillie light as well as an orange. Just for the record! Oh and a cup of green tea (felt I needed it!)

I am very lucky because I have the day off work today and therefore plenty of time to get on top of things. First thing to do will be to come up with a food plan for the next two days and go shopping. My second priority has to be some housework!

Right I have made a few decisions (for the next three days). As well as 100% food optimising I also want to change my diet to take on board suggestions from these two places:

'Anti cancer - a new way of life' by Dr David Servan-Schreiber

I do not have cancer and I have never had cancer (to my knowledge) but I have a strong family history.

AVOID: Sugar; artificial sugar; pesticides; white pasta, rice and bread; hydrogenated oils; non organic non grass-fed dairy; fried foods; non organic meat (especially red and poultry skin); skins of non organic fruit and veg; tap water

USE (snapshot - not complete): organic grass-fed dairy or soy products; extra virgin olive oil; filtered water; green tea; berries; turmeric with black pepper; ginger; crucifrom vegetables; garlic, onions, leeks, shallots, chives; bright coloured fruit and veg; soy; mushrooms; seaweed; Omega-3's; probiotics; citrus fruit; pomegranate juice; red wine; dark chocolate

Clean & Lean: Flat Tummy Fast! by James Duigan

'Clean and lean - flat tummy fast!' by James Duigan

Health special: Flat tummy forever | Mail Online

Massive overlap food-wise with the anti-cancer, unsurprisingly!

I'm not going to start eating seaweed this week but there are a few things I can do:

• I have an unused water filter jug the top shelf in my utility - get it down!
  • Buy natural fat free yogurt rather than mullerlights
  • Drink more green tea and less coffee
  • I have already said but more good oil in fish, nuts, seeds and olive oil
  • swap my second HeB (I have decided to stick to red days) from 2 x alpen lights to 3 multigrain rivitas.
I think that will do for now. My main aim is to 100% food optimise though so if I need my coffee and mullerlights I will have them and try swapping later.

Ideally, my syns will be: red wine, dark chocolate, nuts, oils, seeds.

I am also limited by what is available locally. I will just try and do what I can.

Sounds like a great plan!!! I wish i could be as ruthless with my food, but not sure i could convince myself to eat seaweed, or drink green tea!! Luckily, i already eat tons of natural yogurt, and am addicted to quark, so thats a good start i guess!! Think i misread your post first time - i thought i had to avoid all pasta etc, but it's ok if its wholegrain, right?! I certainly hope so! (Although isn't the wholegrain stuff more syns? Little confused!!)
Perhaps baby steps first!!!
Unfortunately, we do have cancer through our family, so was quite surprised to read what should be avoided! Think i should take heed and try to work it in my food optimising - definitely worth a try!!

Will definitely report on how the superspeed soup goes, will try and buy all the ingredients and make it tonight!!!

How's your day off going so far?! I'm sat at my desk and making myself giddy "planning" my wedding!! It's an odd notion, i know, but my 2 "loves" if you will, are interior design (for a house i don't have!) and wedding planning (for a wedding i've not been asked yet!!) Hahaha!! But, it does make me crazy happy, and feels like i'm saving time somewhere down the line for having done all the prep work!! The hard part then is just the saving money!!!

Anyhoo - i ought to go update my diary!! Just had sushi for breakfast, but it was from Boots, so hoping it's still ok! Also trying to workout the syns for a rumblers pot!! Fun times!!!

Talk soon, and if you've not alreadybeen - have fun shopping!!!

Love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh your 'loves' made me smile! I love looking at the 25 beautiful homes mag and planning the next home improvement (sometimes get frustrated though!).

I quite like the green tea, really. You are supposed to let it steep for at least 5 mins. I leave it until it is just above lukewarm from boiling so it makes it easier to drink, too. I don't much like it when it is hot.

This morning I have done a bit of tidying up, mucked out the fridge and written a shopping list. I am heading off to Morrisons in a couple of minutes. Hopefully, I can motivate myself this afternoon to tackle the ironing pile and do some cleaning...That will certainly have me in a better frame of mind if I do!

I almost always buy wholegrain pasta and rice. I didn't realise that it had extra syns - seems odd? Not that I eat it really at the mo doing red days! My son eats a lot of wholegrain pasta - not that he needs to worry about syns!

Right! I will have a quick look in your diary and then hit to shops!

For my birthday last year my dad (Read: me with dad's credit card!) got me a Homes & Gardens magazine subscription! But i end up wanting just about everything, but it's a nice indulgence now and then!!!

I will hunt out some green tea in our kitchen and try it at lunch!! I always like the idea of fruit or herbal teas, but in reality i never much like the taste! Although i did try a lemon and ginger one last week and it was lovely!!!

Sounds like you've had a great productive morning!! It's very quiet here, so just killing time till i can go home!! Hahaah! Still, can't complain - i get paid to sit on facebook, check minimins and play games!! Hehe!!

Shall go continue with my wedding plans!! Haha!!

Talk soon sweetheart xxxxxx

PS - Not sure about pasta - i maybe wrong, i just thought it was higher in syns (only by 0.5, but it may have been a rumour!)
xxx

Just looked up the pasta. It says that all types are free on EE on Green.

I had 0.5 tsp of olive oil on my salad at lunch time which is 1 syn. It wasn't extra virgin as it appears that my DH has used all of that frying (rather than the normal olive oil we have for that purpose...DUH!). I also had 1 brazil nut (1 syn).

I go to the gym for 1 hour at 4 pm. This is the time last week I tried running on the treadmill...It is also time to get my IPL hair remover out this evening. Exciting day Monday!

I had a cup of green tea this am. I am going for a coffee now though (with a sweetener - one step at a time!)! I have caff before 2 pm and decaff after 2 pm. I have run out of decaff coffee and made the decision not to buy any more (I do have decaff green tea though!) so this will be my last cup of the day and then green tea from then onwards.

I have got to force myself into action! Ironing. Now. :D

Last edited:
I am having the quick prawn curry from the Curry Heaven book tonight. Definitely one of my favourites! It really is quick and tasty!

I guess I am slowly building up recipes I can rely on. I have some Kheema curry in the fridge as well but I don't fancy it at all. I think I will end of throwing away the last portion of it. Doubt whether I will make that again!

Tasty thai balls are a good quick favourite, too.

OOPS!! I completely forgot that I bought Salmon fillets for tonights dinner! I MUST have those tomorrow.

Feeling slightly stressy today!

I have just finished work for the day (which I am not enjoying at all at the moment - all will be fine after half-term though, but until then :()

I (stupidly) invited two of my son's friends back after school for a play/dinner and now need to go to the shops/tidy up the house in the next hour.

Tomorrow I have a full-on work day followed by loads of running around and a committee meeting at my house.

All of this would be fine, of course, if I were in a better frame of mind....:cry:

On the bright side hopefully it will keep my mind off food.

Hey sweetheart!!
Sorry for being so quiet recently, not intentional, just been a bit busy!!!
How's your day going today?! I've been pretty good if i say so myself!!

Don't forget to have your salmon today!! :eek:)
I've not got the curry's books, but i used to love prawn curry!! Could you post the recipe please? I'll give it a go!!!

I've done quite well and have replaced coffee for water - although think i'm having a withdrawal headache, so may have to give in and have a quick one before i go home!!!

Did you get your ironing done in the end?! And how's the IPL coming along?! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi!

Yes, I will post the recipe. I just make it one portion at a time. From memory (for ONE portion):

1/4 can chopped toms
1/2 tbsp curry powder
1/8 tsp artificial sweetener
1 garlic clove, crushed
some grated ginger

put all that in a pan and simmer for 8-10 mins covered, then stir in a bag of defrosted prawns and simmer for 2 mins, remove from heat and swirl in some natural yogurt.

I will check that later!

Just back from the shops. I bought some wine and got asked for photo ID! That hasn't happened for quite sometime. I cannot help but be pleased even though I know I DO look in my thirties.

Dieting-wise the day is going fine. Thanks for the Salmon reminder! I will definitely have it for dinner. I have decided to skip the stepper at the gym - simply because it will make life easier not getting changed etc with my son's friends coming round - 1 before and 2 afterwards. So, I guess that isn't so good.

gtg - 'speak' later!

I must have missed your earlier post - unless you posted as i was typing?
Sorry you're not feeling too chipper currently, and seem to have a mad dash on your hands to get everything ready!!
What's happening at work to make you not enjoy it? Feel free to rant at me on here (Or PM, Phone, text etc!)

Hope all goes well tonight!! Thanks for the recipe, might have to give it a go sometime this week!! My dad's been away and i've been allowed to have garlic, abd yet i've been out almost every night so not tried anything!! Grrrrr!!

Talk soon hon!! Love and hugs xxxxxx

PS HAZAR to being asked for ID for wine!! Brilliant!! xxx

I will moan to you in a PM then :D

It's nothing at all serious and nothing that a week and a half won't fix either!

I am currently eating my salmon. Probably having too much tbh. I also made a 'free' sauce for it made with lemon, basil, quark and garlic. Pretty yum!

Moaning will at least make you feel a bit better, and I'm more than happy to listen!! After all, you listen to my ramblings everyday!!!

Your salmon sounds lovely!! I made the curry tonight and it was lush...taking some for work tomorrow!!! Only downside is my OH got the ingredients, and got ordinary natural yogurt, so will have to work out syns somehow, but at the moment I'm not too fussed!!!

You always seem to have such a nice yummy sounding meal plan!! Think I'll just have to copy you!!!

Will reply to your pm in the morning as just about to pass out, but very excited ro report that OH has booked our flights to Jordan!!!! So excited!!!

Hope you had a great night and will talk in the morning!!

Love and hugs xxxxxx

Thanks - I had serious garlic breath though with the sauce!

I am down 1.0 lbs this week on my scales with 1 day to go. Looks unlikely that I will get my 1 stone award tomorrow now (I am down 13.6 lbs in total on my home scales) . Definitely next week though!

Today is turning out slightly better than I thought although I have a ton to do between now and my SW meeting tomorrow am. I am just focussing on getting back here afterwards and updating my stats and sig as that will signal a quieter period for a few days at least!

No idea what I am having for dinner. I think it will have to be prawn curry again.

I ended up having my first green day! Decided to have a baked pot and beans in the Morrisons cafe with my son for dinner so I had to syn the Tuna I had for lunch (6). As I was so busy there was no time for evening nibbles to I didn't miss the syns.

It is WI morning! Early indications show I am down 1.4 lbs - what will show in class could be anything from 1 -2 lbs loss. I did my stats just in case it comes up two and I get my 1 stone award. I have lost 14 lbs exactly according to my scales!

Stats are: Bust 42 (mid 18); Waist 36 (big 18); Hips 43.5 (small 18).

I am a bit shocked my waist has stayed the same again! Oh well it will have to budge at some point - at least it is coming off in other places!

Bodyfat = 41.2%

Mass in Class (mass at home first thing, naked)
Week 1 - 14 st 8.0 lbs (14 st 5.0 lbs)
Followed EE plan this week. Lost 4 lbs (4.8 lbs)
Week 2 - 14 st 4.0 lbs (14 st 0.2 lbs)
Followed EE but badly - probably had too much fruit, also had smoothies before I realised that was wrong. Also had 84 syns + smoothie fruit syns. Lost 1 lbs (0 lbs)
Week 3 - 14 st 3.0 lbs (14 st 0.2 lbs)
Swapped to red days after two days this week and started exercising more. Managed to stay under 70 syns this week (69.5!). Lost 3.5 lbs (3.4 lbs)
Week 4 - 13 st 13.5 lbs (13 st 10.8 lbs) Red days all week. Syns 66. TOTM end of week. Lost 1.5 lbs (1.8 lbs).
Week 5 - 13 st 12.0 lbs (13 st 9.0 lbs) Red days all week. Syns around 75. First week without filling in food diary to hand-in at class - mental tracking towards end of week. Lost 2.0 lbs (2.6 lbs).
Week 6 - 13 st 10.0 lbs (13 st 6.4 lbs)
Red days most of the week. One green day. One trip 'home' with deviation from plan the next day (but not bad). Syns unknown. Lost 2.0 lbs (1.4 lbs)
Week 7 - 13 st 8.0 lbs (13 st 5.0 lbs)

Last edited:
zeke said:
I ended up having my first green day! Decided to have a baked pot and beans in the Morrisons cafe with my son for dinner so I had to syn the Tuna I had for lunch (6). As I was so busy there was no time for evening nibbles to I didn't miss the syns.

It is WI morning! Early indications show I am down 1.4 lbs - what will show in class could be anything from 1 -2 lbs loss. I did my stats just in case it comes up two and I get my 1 stone award. I have lost 14 lbs exactly according to my scales!

Stats are: Bust 42 (mid 18); Waist 36 (big 18); Hips 43.5 (small 18).

I am a bit shocked my waist has stayed the same again! Oh well it will have to budge at some point - at least it is coming off in other places!

Bodyfat = 41.2%

Mass in Class (mass at home first thing, naked)
Week 1 - 14 st 8.0 lbs (14 st 5.0 lbs)
Followed EE plan this week. Lost 4 lbs (4.8 lbs)
Week 2 - 14 st 4.0 lbs (14 st 0.2 lbs)
Followed EE but badly - probably had too much fruit, also had smoothies before I realised that was wrong. Also had 84 syns + smoothie fruit syns. Lost 1 lbs (0 lbs)
Week 3 - 14 st 3.0 lbs (14 st 0.2 lbs)
Swapped to red days after two days this week and started exercising more. Managed to stay under 70 syns this week (69.5!). Lost 3.5 lbs (3.4 lbs)
Week 4 - 13 st 13.5 lbs (13 st 10.8 lbs) Red days all week. Syns 66. TOTM end of week. Lost 1.5 lbs (1.8 lbs).
Week 5 - 13 st 12.0 lbs (13 st 9.0 lbs) Red days all week. Syns around 75. First week without filling in food diary to hand-in at class - mental tracking towards end of week. Lost 2.0 lbs (2.6 lbs).
Week 6 - 13 st 10.0 lbs (13 st 6.4 lbs)
Red days most of the week. One green day. One trip 'home' with deviation from plan the next day (but not bad). Syns unknown. Lost ?.? lbs (1.4 lbs)
Week 7 - 13 st ?.? lbs (13 st 5.0 lbs)

Oooh, a green day!!! I've still not ventured from EE!! Maybe one day!!!

That's great having another loss, and getting ur stone sticker would be amazing!!! I'm a little jealous! A girl that started the same day as me got her club 10 last night, and I was so jealous! It was like seeing what k could have done if I'd done it properly!!!

Still, determined now!!!

You're stats and measurements are looking great hon!! Might have to do the same and have a recap!! Perhaps I'll try a red day today?! Tho going to make some speedy soup this week for sure!!!

Good luck and keep me updated!!!

Love and hugs xxx

Back