getting to know you and me...

Hello everyone,

Have loved learning more about you all.

I'm Ally and I'm 28. Always been bigger than everyone else but things really got out of control when my Mum died when I was 16 and my Dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I had a breakdown at 20 and ended up in the Priory, my weight kept creeping up and up unchecked until I was 32 stone at 25 and told I wasn't going to see 30.

I had a gastric bypass which quite literally saved my life. Sadly (through no fault of my own) my pouch has stretched and I'm no longer seeing the weight loss which has brought me to Cambridge.

Aside from battling with my weight I live in Southampton, and am about to take a grown up gap year to finish my first book based on my weight loss! I blog in my spare time and also dabble in freelance journalism. I've been single for almost 12 years and so am looking forward to learning to love myself and then love someone else in the future :)

xxx

Hi everyone,

I'm new and starting CD SS on Monday, this Monday 8 November 2010.

My name is Jill and I'm 30. I am 17st 4lbs (I think, I will get weighed to get an official starting weight on Monday morning). I am absolutely miserable at this size. I am getting married in 8.5 months time. I am desperate to be slimmer on my wedding day (my goal is 10st but I'd love to be anything between 10st and 12st) but I really just want all this blubber off - I hate being the fat person anywhere and I hate how it makes me feel and how it affects my daily life.

I work for my local CAB as a money adviser and am engaged to a primary school teacher, we've been together for 10 years this Hogmanay and have 2 beautiful children who are 3 and 17 months old.

I have always been a few pounds heavier than I should be, I love food and started binging while I was a teenager and gained independence from my parents. When I went to uni, however, I weighed about 10st 7lbs and looked amazing (of course I didn't think so at the time!). I met OH during my third year, moved in together and I PILED on the weight. I've been big now for a long time and really think I owe it to myself to do something about my weight. I've been on and off with WW and before that SW and I'm successful for a few weeks, but then I just lose it and pile all the weight back on again, vicious circle.

Lovely to 'meet' you all Xxx

Back