Getting VERY disheartened...

Keighleyjo2010

Silver Member
I am still 16:2, same weight as Monday... During the week I have gone up to 16:4. I was really hoping I could be in the 15s by now.

It will be the end of week 3 on Monday. I have lost 16lbs so far and I know that is a brill loss but there's the little bit of me that is getting angry.

When I tell my Mum in law she just drones on about dieting on weight watchers, but I need the strict rules, because I will end up eating what I like, that's how I got this big!!

I defo think from Monday my OH is going to have to hide my scales!

Daily weighing suits some people better than others. My worst times on CD are when I've been merrily going along, expecting a decent loss and then got on the scales for my weigh in and had a nasty surprise.

It suits me better to get that bad news gradually. It also helps me to weigh daily so that I know if I'm retaining water on weigh in day. It's comforting to know that for two or three days before, I'd been lower.

But you have to be someone who is going to roll with the little disappointments of inevitable, day to day fluctuations. If that will upset you, put the scales away.

You've lost 16lb in 2 weeks!!!

Don't weigh everyday if it's going to effect your motivation, your weight will fluctuate throughout the week.

How do you know if your retaining water.

Totm, I have never had swollen ankles or wrists.

I don't have them now either, how can you tell?? I was thinking of getting water retention tablets today,

I can tell because my rings are harder to take off - but even when they aren't, i has to be that. you're living on fewer than 600kcals a day - if you aren't losing weight it must be water retention.

BUT - the best cure for that is to keep drinking the water. don't take tablets - your liver and kidneys are already having a hard time on this diet, cos of the ketones - tablets will make it harder for them.

Back