Getting very grumpy .....

Hello all

I went into ketosis yesterday (YAY) , BUT I have been sooooooo grumpy, irrational and irritable both in the days building up to ketosis and now. (Alot like bad PMT, sorry if tmi there)
I am not usually (quite !) this vile to be around - honest! My OH and little girl have noticed, not good.

Is this usual? If so, will it pass?
I am tempted to go onto WS rather than TS if it could hang around as my mood setting :eek:
I am off work this week as it is 1/2 term ( I teach in a secondary school) and I don't think I could go into work with this level of grouchyness, I wouldn't last 5 mins!!

Any insight or experience -or help!- really appreciated

Many thanks

I was literally just saying this to my hubby! I am restarting so im only on day 1 and the grumpiness has already set in :( I tend to be quite a grump at that time of month anyway so this has really gone past what is normal for me. All i can say is keep at it and hopefully as your body gets more used to the plan the grumpiness should subside. I was fine after a week the first time round so fingers crossed its the same this time! :D:D:D

It does wear off just like the hunger. I had a break and felt grumpy after i started again. For me it was only a matter of a few days. Stick with it.

The first time I did a VLCD (Lipotrim) for 4 months (6 stone loss) once I was in ketosis I felt amazing.
This time I feel rubbish .... It was amazingly difficult to find the motivation to do it too.... I am on my second week.
Luckily I dont have much to loose this time :)

Thank you for your responses
Am going to give it a week, ts i hope (!!) and see how i feel

Being wobbly & a happy person is not nice due to feeling uncomfy size wise, but being wobbly and foul is not suiting me, or my family too well!
I have talked to OH who is happy to support me, bad mood & all if it means long term smiles after it. Strange how we all react differently to it; if I am still unbearable after a week then i think I may move to WS

Many thanks x

mrs.wobbly said:
Thank you for your responses
Am going to give it a week, ts i hope (!!) and see how i feel

Being wobbly & a happy person is not nice due to feeling uncomfy size wise, but being wobbly and foul is not suiting me, or my family too well!
I have talked to OH who is happy to support me, bad mood & all if it means long term smiles after it. Strange how we all react differently to it; if I am still unbearable after a week then i think I may move to WS

Many thanks x

Yeah my poor oh is being lovely and supportive in the hope of a happier slimmer gf but it must be hard :(

I thought that i was horrible the first week, then i got my period (when it wasn't even due) and i felt fine once that happened. It obviously kicked off something hormonally for me. I have the odd grumpy day now but mostly i feel quite high luckily as i have two little boys to look after, who like cheerfulness! Hopefully it's just a ketosis thing for you and once you get into the diet properly it'll wear off x

My kids have gone away for a few days with their Dad which I'm really glad about because I won't shout at them. I am home alone so can just hide in bed. Hopefully when they come back on Sunday my mood will be better

Thank you all :)
Went for a good walk today which made a difference
I am thinking of getting long suffering OH on to this site too, poor bloke!
I am hoping it is just adjusting to it, I soooo need to lose the weight that I do have to stick to it, will carry on TS as much as I can
Thanks for your support, it makes it easier

x

Glad you're feeling better - hopefully as time goes by your mood will lift and your OH will forgive you the grumpiness i'm sure ;) x

Ah, so today explains alot...
My hormones have gone bonkers doolally - totm....again...only two weeks....
That would explain the irrationalitly and grumpiness.:eek:
I ate yesterday evening and today (controlled eating rather than loopy munching) and then it arrived. - trigos, I see that happened with you, I guess my body's way of managing ??
Anyway, back to TS tomorrow, feel a bit more confident now i understand what my body was doing and that I would not be that grumpy til Xmas.

Hope you are all doing well, and thank you - I don't think I have ever found such a fab group as on here.
x

not weighing this week as I always go up 4-5 lbs, so waiting a week.

mrs.wobbly said:
Ah, so today explains alot...
My hormones have gone bonkers doolally - totm....again...only two weeks....
That would explain the irrationalitly and grumpiness.:eek:
I ate yesterday evening and today (controlled eating rather than loopy munching) and then it arrived. - trigos, I see that happened with you, I guess my body's way of managing ??
Anyway, back to TS tomorrow, feel a bit more confident now i understand what my body was doing and that I would not be that grumpy til Xmas.

Hope you are all doing well, and thank you - I don't think I have ever found such a fab group as on here.
x

not weighing this week as I always go up 4-5 lbs, so waiting a week.

Lol glad you figured it out, but damn totm such a pain :)

Back