Getting Wed in 5 months - in a size 12 dress

Nora_300.jpg

The lovely Maggie Sottero Nora just for holpops :)

Hi, I've been reading through your thread with a smile on my face - I'm in a very similar situation. I'm getting married next July. Was a size 16 at the start of sw, have ordered my dress in a size 12 and plan to be a size 8-10 by the big day so will need to have it taken in!! I've spent a huge chunk of today making our invitations. It's brilliant - keeps me busy so I've got no time to eat!!! :) Good luck on your journey xx

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your reply. It is interesting how when the pressure is really on to do something we tend to cave and its even harder to acheive the goals we want...we will get there in the end though, I know it.

What dress have you ordered?

Ah your dress is gorgeous, you look fab. :) bet you can't wait to try it on again. It looks great now so think how you are going to look and feel when you reach target.

Thanks for posting the pic of my dress, I love it but defiantly wont look like that lady in it! Haha. X

My dress in mon cheri 110204. The first one I tried on though I then went and tried loads others 'just in case I fell in love with them all'. But no - it was the dress for me :) Maggie Sottero dresses are lovely as well though :)

It is true that you know when it's the dress. Mine was the second one I tried on and I tried on loads of others to but I just kept thinking about this one. It's so exciting. Have you got all your accessories to? X

I've got earrings that my mum has bought me because they match my engagement ring. Also got my veil. Nothing else yet. Going shopping for shoes in a fortnight with my mum. Tempted to wear coloured shoes that match my bridesmaid dresses in the day and then flat ballet pump style in the evening in ivory?? Someone in work is bringing me in details about someone local that makes headbands.

Are you all sorted?? xx

I've got my veil and tiara and I've got earings and a necklace that my OH bought me in the early days we got together. Just deciding about a bracelet and need my shoes which I'm on the look out for. I'm not going to have high ones coz I'm 5ft 8 so I don't want to be much taller and high shoes make me as tall as my OH! :) what colour are your bridesmaid dresses? X

My oh is about the same height as me anyway!! Don't want to be loads taller than him, but still going for a heel. My bridesmaid dresses are cadbury purple. Have you got a theme?xx

My bridesmaid dresses are a deep plum so very similar. :) we havnt got a theme as such just more going for the romantic kind of feel. We couldn't really think of a theme. Have you got one? I've still got to find my bridesmaid shoes and something for the hair not a tiara but a headband. It's all very exciting. Yours will come round so quick after christmas. X

My dress in mon cheri 110204. The first one I tried on though I then went and tried loads others 'just in case I fell in love with them all'. But no - it was the dress for me :) Maggie Sottero dresses are lovely as well though :)

110204_027_hero1.jpg

Stunning! Absolutely beautiful

Ooh love the little wedding thread we've got going here!!

Lovely to hear all your ideas.

Have got my accessories, all apart from my bracelet which I will get in the January sales. Want something quite blingy I think.

Got my WI at 7.30pm tonight, not feeling overly hopeful - I've been good but a bit wishy washy for the past few days, and its also TOTM which doesn't help. Will be glad for a STS, gutted if I gain in my 3rd week!

Ooh love the little wedding thread we've got going here!!

Lovely to hear all your ideas.

Have got my accessories, all apart from my bracelet which I will get in the January sales. Want something quite blingy I think.

Got my WI at 7.30pm tonight, not feeling overly hopeful - I've been good but a bit wishy washy for the past few days, and its also TOTM which doesn't help. Will be glad for a STS, gutted if I gain in my 3rd week!

How did you get on? It's my totm as well. Started today :( hope it doesn't make a difference to my weigh in on Wednesday. Us women don't have it easy!!! xx

I love wedding talk! :)

How did your weigh in go, TOTM can always make a difference and I know it makes me so hungry to and I want to eat all the time. X

Well as expected I didn't have that great a loss - only 1/2lb. BUT that 1/2lb did get me back into the 11's, at 11st 13.5lbs - I was cross though as the scales went to 11st 9lb but then jumped at the last second! Hopefully I will see a better result next week, we've only got one social thing this week, on Saturday night, so I will save a few syns for that and make sure I'm exercising lots.

Everyone seems to be well planned for their wedding, I'm getting really excited now although quite nervous. The next thing I am waiting for now that my dress is here is the delivery of my veil - that will be here in about three weeks time so I shall make that my next slot for trying my dress on; hopefully my bedroom should be decorated by then too so I'll be fully moved back into my proper room, as our spare room is too small to properly try my dress on!

All very exciting. I'm also really excited about Christmas this year for the first time in ages, mainly because my OH gets the whole xmas period off and we can spend some time at home together - the only other times he takes time off work is when we go away on holiday together, so other than weekends we don't get to spend a lot of time doing 'at home' stuff. We seem to be a lot closer lately which is just great, all the wedding plans has really given a new lease of life to us, which is brilliant.

Here's to a good week everyone!!

What's for tea tonight? I think we are going to have Spanish Chicken with new potatoes and yummy veg.

I've got my veil and tiara and I've got earings and a necklace that my OH bought me in the early days we got together. Just deciding about a bracelet and need my shoes which I'm on the look out for. I'm not going to have high ones coz I'm 5ft 8 so I don't want to be much taller and high shoes make me as tall as my OH! :) what colour are your bridesmaid dresses? X

BHS do some really nice shoes - have a search on ebay as they are always for sale on there. I'm not having BM's as its only a small wedding.

Debenhams do some really lovely bracelets and they usually have some kind of sale on them too, I got my necklace and earring set for £10 although I don't think I will wear the stud earrings as they are too big.

Oh I'll have a look in BHS for the shoes. Well done on the weight loss. A loss is a loss and it's all the right direction. :)

I'm so excited for Christmas this year to as its my little boys first Christmas, I can't wait. And I'm still off work and my OH will be off over Christmas until the new year so we'll all be together. We got engaged on Christmas day last year to so we will have been engaged 1 year. I love putting the decorations up to, they go up the first weekend of December and we put a Christmas film on to watch while we put them up, so excited.

I'm out for tea tonight for a work leaving do. Going to a curry house. Need to be good so avoiding poppadoms and naan breads. And going for a lower syn curry. X

Oh I'll have a look in BHS for the shoes. Well done on the weight loss. A loss is a loss and it's all the right direction. :)

I'm so excited for Christmas this year to as its my little boys first Christmas, I can't wait. And I'm still off work and my OH will be off over Christmas until the new year so we'll all be together. We got engaged on Christmas day last year to so we will have been engaged 1 year. I love putting the decorations up to, they go up the first weekend of December and we put a Christmas film on to watch while we put them up, so excited.

I'm out for tea tonight for a work leaving do. Going to a curry house. Need to be good so avoiding poppadoms and naan breads. And going for a lower syn curry. X

How did you get on with being good on your night out? We've got a party tomorrow night and I'm really determined to be on my best behaviour, boring as it is - I want to get as close to that 1/2st award as possible.

Have been 100% on track all week, the only thing I haven't done is drink as much water as I should, so I know I need to get on top of that, but I do feel a lot 'smaller' now that TOTM has buggered off, so I'm hoping for a good result on Monday. Have had a few nice compliments on my weight loss this week which has really kept me going.

Haven't done that much wedding planning this week, been a really busy week as have been working and doing lots of house stuff as OH is decorating the bedroom and building me a lovely walk-in wardrobe.

Really hope we can all keep our heads screwed on for the weekend!!

good luck!!!!
if this was me everytime i wanted to eat something naughty i would just go and look at my dress and think i want to fit into you and use it as my inspiration dont completely cut out all bad stuff though have some now and again or you will get very bored!!! well good luck and hope your wedding furfills all your dreams by the way going from size 14-16 to 12 is good least you dont have like 6 dress sizes to shift so i reckon youll do it perfectly and i=at christmas you can still enjoy some lovely food but in moderation and do lots of exercise with your hubby if you know what i mean :D xxx

good luck!!!!
if this was me everytime i wanted to eat something naughty i would just go and look at my dress and think i want to fit into you and use it as my inspiration dont completely cut out all bad stuff though have some now and again or you will get very bored!!! well good luck and hope your wedding furfills all your dreams by the way going from size 14-16 to 12 is good least you dont have like 6 dress sizes to shift so i reckon youll do it perfectly and i=at christmas you can still enjoy some lovely food but in moderation and do lots of exercise with your hubby if you know what i mean :D xxx

Thanks for that, some very inspiring and true words - and I am trying hard at all forms of exercise especially those involving my future husband!! ;)

I am very inspired and pushed on by my dress, and I know deep down that I can do this and I am worth it.

Thanks for your help everyone xx

Went to weigh in last night, wasn't sure what the result would be as I had been good in the week but lost it quite a bit at the weekend, bad food choices and a lot more alcohol than normal, so I had a few mixed feelings that I'd 'only' lost half a pound.

Better than nothing but again, much bigger effort needed this week, and no drinking!

Just realised I need to change my thread title to FOUR months soon, eek!

And Rachel...Rachel, Rachel, RACHEL! Your dress....I keep catching sight of it as I scroll down through this page - it is unbelievably amazingly gorgeous, and I am beyond jealous!

Back