Getting Wed in 5 months - in a size 12 dress

Last night I took the plunge and went back to class. I weighed in at 12st 3.5lbs.

Totally gutted does not even begin to cover it. I have literally wasted the last three months putting on and losing the same few pounds. I know I should say all the usual things like "draw a line under it", "start again" and so on but I just have a massive mental block at the moment and can't get my head past the fact that I have literally done NOTHING in the last three months; in fact I'm the same weight I was SIX months ago.

What can I do to get past this? I have a house full of healthy food, a gym membership, an SW membership, the new magazine, a new directory, SW online, minimins, everything at my fingertips to make a success of this and yet I just fail every single time, and end up worse than I was before.

I am so scared that I'm going to be crying over my wedding photos yet again and feeling like a fat pig on my wedding day.

Feel totally minging tonight :-( I tried to speak to my OH last night but he just dismissed it as 'moaning'...

Think I need to go into a field and do one of those huge power screams!

Re-read what I had written last night and must admit I do feel better this morning, I know I just need to take tiny little steps rather than wanting to gallop ahead to the finish line. Although I haven't lost any weight my body shape has changed quite a bit due to going to Gymophobics (or homophobics as my Granny innocently calls it!!). I just need to keep on fighting and I will get there eventually.

I know I can do this.

Much, MUCH better attitude this afternoon - have had a lovely day with my gorgeous little boy and my best friend - at Frankie and Benny's. Yes, you did read that right...I had a lovely lunch at Frankie and Benny's. I had a lovely lunch because I didn't freak out about syns, I looked on here at the lowest-syn yummy dinner, which just happened to be the BBQ chicken pizza that I normally have, for 12 syns.

I had that and then I had a fruit salad for afters, which was absolutely yummy too.

I had a great time because I planned, I made the right choices, I stayed within syns and will still be in syns all day, I didn't think "stuff it, I'm in a scrummy restaurant I'm just going to stuff my face and eat everything", which I have done in the past.

I had a great day out and was totally in control.

Feels good to know that I can do it.

Another good day today so far, took my little boy out on a bike ride, we're going out tonight for his half-term treat and he's chosen Pizza Hut, which means I've eaten out twice this week! I've scoured this site and my directory and while there are a few ideas in my directory I'm going to try the chilli twist pasta that others on here have recommended - I've had no syns at all today so hopefully that will cover this as its been estimated at 6.5, just to be on the safe side. Feel so much in control today, and really enjoyed our walk. Ironing and housework this afternoon and a quick go on the Wii Fit before we go out - am aiming for my bronze Body Magic award.

Back from pizza hut, had alfredo in the end which is twelve syns, was nice but bit peppery. Feels really good to have gone out for dinner and not come home feeling stuffed and miserable. Yes a pizza would have been amazing but how would I have felt now? Pretty sick and angry with myself. It's exactly 5 months today :)

Hi joroger,

Just been reading through your diary and ours are pretty similar. I'm getting married also in 6 and a half months.. Eeek! :)

Sounds like you are really back in the slimming world zone and making good choices. I to have been struggling the last few weeks and trying to get back In to it as like you I don't want to look at my wedding photos and feel fat and horrible. I would love to feel my best.

Well done you for getting back in to it.

Hope the wedding plans are going well. X

Hi holpops, congratulations on your wedding, have you got your dress yet? How much weight are you aiming to lose? Are you following at home or within a class? I have to be part of a class just can't do it as well by myself. Show a picture of your dress if you can :)

Yep I've got my dress and I had a call from the shop yesterday to say its ready.. Excited. I'm not sure how to post pictures on here but it's sparkly and lovely, it's a dress my maggie sottero. Have you got your dress? I go to class coz I know I wouldn't be able to do it at home either. Im lacking motivation at the minute anyway. I've lost 1 stone 8 pounds so far and I would like to lose another 1 and a half stones to get to target. How much have you got left to lose? X

Yep I've got my dress and I had a call from the shop yesterday to say its ready.. Excited. I'm not sure how to post pictures on here but it's sparkly and lovely, it's a dress my maggie sottero. Have you got your dress? I go to class coz I know I wouldn't be able to do it at home either. Im lacking motivation at the minute anyway. I've lost 1 stone 8 pounds so far and I would like to lose another 1 and a half stones to get to target. How much have you got left to lose? X

Hi, the photos are on this thread somewhere but if you google

Benjamin Roberts 951 and
Romantica Trinity

those are my two dresses

If you tell me the name of your Maggie Sottero I'll get a picture of it for you, I love looking at wedding dresses!

I'd like to lose a good 1st 7lbs as then I'll be 10st 9 which even though that sounds big for my height, will make me a size 12 and hopefully get my arms down. I know I can do this but it is going to take SO much hard work, but it will be worth it - the only person standing in my way is me.

Hiya hun, glad to see the positive mental attitude - you go girl, baby steps x

Too true Louise - I really need to listen to you on that one as I usually try to do huge galloping gazelle leaps, and then fail.

I've got ten weeks until my initial dress fitting, which my dressmaker has told me will be more for getting the measurements to take it up rather than in, then I make an appointment for mid-February to get it altered at the top, then that is it and I either take them away there and then or leave them at hers until a week or so before the wedding...at some point I am going to have to get them pressed although possibly she may do that for me...hadn't actually thought about that one!

Ok so I really need to be losing 1-2lbs a week for the next 10 weeks, that is do-able I know....and I will do it, because I just have to, I cannot be a fat bride again.

Oh, nearly forgot, went out on a lovely walk along the beach with my best friend today (must remember to put that in my body magic log) and she told me about a soup she has started making which sounds so simple and lovely -

Sweetcorn and Red Pepper Soup

Fry up some onions and garlic
Add 1 litre of veg stock
Two tins of sweetcorn
A whole red pepper

Boil and then blend in the blender

Apparently that is all it is and it tastes gorgeous according to her! Worth a try.

Hi Joroger, my dress is called Nora (funny name for a wedding dress.)
I love it, sometimes the pics don't do it justice coz it's got lots of detail, crystals and pearls all over the body and you can't see that we'll on the pics. I can't wait to try it on again. :)

So we have about the same amount to lose then, hoping we can give each other lots of encouragement along the way. X

Further proof of what a wedding dress nerd I am - I know what Nora looks like already without googling it! Really lovely dress, and Maggie dresses are amazing for pulling you in. It's all so exciting, I can't wait :)

Went to my first week weigh in tonight, wasn't expecting a great deal, was totally amazed when I got on the scales and found I'd lost three and a half pounds!!! Am absolutely thrilled, and determined to keep up the good work. I managed to do some sort if exercise every day last week, ate out twice but stuck to my syns and made good menu choices, tracked, and this is the result. Just shows that it can be done. Can't wait to see what I can do next week :)

Last edited:
Well done on your weight loss this week that it fab. :) bet your so chuffed.

Your dresses are lovely to, it is so exciting isn't it, I loved trying the dresses on and yep maggie dresses are great at pulling you in which after having my little boy I need! Haha.

I had a 2lb gain this week. :-( going for a 3lb loss this week, I mean business! ;-)

Third day of being one hundred per cent on track, feeling a lot better, less tired and more with it. It's coming up to TOTM tho so I'm hoping that isn't going to effect my weigh in too much.

Dress should be here tomorrow
!!!! Will have my nose glued to the window all day :)

Oooh exciting about the dress. :) bet you can't wait to see it. My dress has arrived to, just waiting for my veil to arrive so I can try it all on together.

I've been 100% this week and it is amazing how much better it makes you feel. X

Hi, I've been reading through your thread with a smile on my face - I'm in a very similar situation. I'm getting married next July. Was a size 16 at the start of sw, have ordered my dress in a size 12 and plan to be a size 8-10 by the big day so will need to have it taken in!! I've spent a huge chunk of today making our invitations. It's brilliant - keeps me busy so I've got no time to eat!!! :) Good luck on your journey xx

Oooh exciting about the dress. :) bet you can't wait to see it. My dress has arrived to, just waiting for my veil to arrive so I can try it all on together.

I've been 100% this week and it is amazing how much better it makes you feel. X

Totally agree with you here, I do feel a lot better, although despite being 100% on track OH brought home some Club bars last night, and I just had one, synned of course, it was nice but now I just feel icky...total waste of syns really.

Massively healthy dinner tonight, stuffed peppers and veg burgers tho I think I might be pushing it with the veg burger due to that stupid Club bar, might have to swap it for a Quorn fillet as they are a few syns less...dammit!

I shall go and find a picture of the lovely Nora and put it on here just so you don't feel left out :)

And then I shall put on a photo of what I did this afternoon...can you guess?!!

6311677849_c6e8017993.jpg

ITS HERE!! Apologies for the photo, I look about 12 years old, but here my gorgeous dress is, absolutely thrilled to bits, the zip does up halfway and I've got about two inches of gap to get the zip done up, so that's definitely do-able even though it is my chest that is in the way and there's not really a great deal I can do about that, it seems to be the same size no matter what weight I am.

I felt really good in it even though I look a bit of a mess in the photo - and in all the excitement we forgot to try on my Granny's jacket with it :rolleyes: will need another trying on session next week now, doh! Any excuse!

Back