Gg

Hi Gg,

Please go and read my response to the thread.

And, please do not take this personally -- as the people posting the unkind things obviously have read few of your postings or, like me, they would know better.

PinkMantha asked that "a line be drawn under it" and that people move on. She was the only person who really needed to understand that what you wrote was totally misconstrued, and she apparently does.

Just as you were brave enough to attend that book group meeting (esp. after you bowed out of the bike ride) -- please be brave enough to "draw a line under it" and move on.

Head up girly... you do good work, and it would be OUR loss if you left. And, I know you care about US!

MM

Well said, Minniemel. x :)

Get ur lil ass back here young lady :D:D Listen this thing happens all the time on forums... stuff is taken up wrongly and the typed word is soooo hard to get a tone from. Distance yourself from actual threads/people if you must but not your own diary or the whole forum cos you are sooooo needed on here xxxxxxxx

Thanks guys for all your support. It is really appreciated. I've PM'd the original person my post was directed at to apologise. I can totally understand that I can't presume the tone I intend when I write is always picked up correctly by the person it's meant for and from that can spring confusion. I just felt a bit "attacked" by the other people who joined in I guess but they are entitled to their opinions and maybe I'm just being a bit oversensitive because of where my head is at at the moment.

I just need a few days out I think because of where my own head is at at the moment and I think Gen is right. In a way different groups find their own peers for support on the site and I'll just stick to you guys in future. That's not to say anything bad about the rest of the forum; just that we can't be all to everyone if that makes sense?

Lets draw a line under it all now? I don't want this to become a big issue on the forum (but I do appreciate your loyalty).

Love to you all, have a good day and I'll speak to you soon xx

Hey GG, how r u?? We have not chatted for a while? Hope you are well. I have just read the above threads and hope your ok. I for one, know I could NOT of done my first week without your support. For a complete stranger to give me advice and encouragement like you have...well, its just soo kind and amazing. Hope your having a good day Mrs,

Chelle
xxxx

GG, have never posted on your thread before and have no idea what has happened to upset you but wanted to say, I and many others would miss you... your wisdom and insight help many of us on minis. Please don't let some unkind comments or confusion or whatever it was drive you away. Minis is a lifeline for many of us, don't want you to have to let go of it before you are totally ready. It'll all blow over, whatever it was.

xxx

Hi GG, I too have never posted on your diary but I follow it everyday, I love the way you write and you are just so honest and speak so much sense! I just wanted to say that I read the post that has caused all this nonsense and you were totally not out of order. As people have already said, it's very difficult to get the true feeling of what is meant through words typed on a forum and although some people have said that comments about mental illness should be voiced through a pm, if people are going to ask advice in a public forum then they should understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and to be honest, I've seen other posts written by the person in question and I can completely see why you were concerned about her. Anyway, hopefully people will just leave it now, but don't you dare think of leaving because certain people are interferring in something that wasn't anything to do with them! Good luck with your journey moving forwards xxx

Hey GG, must say I agree with the others.. not everyone posts because most of the time the subject matters you bring forth, as well as the documentation you provide is so thorough!! I come on your diary everyday even if in the beginning I though you were really forward. With time, I quite enjoyed your honesty... it's quite refreshing. Again thank you for bringing your knowledge to the table!!

Hi sweetie, feel like iv had my head in the sand not a clue whats gone on, just hoping
You are ok, and sending loads of love xxx

Hi Gg,

How are things today? I baked a bazillion cookies this morning (okay, more like 200 -- but it felt like a lot more). I am now going to get myself sorted, so that I can drag DD out and run some errands.

It is only Day 2 of half-term... and I am feeling guilt I have not done "anything special" with DD. Kids -- they come with a steady supply of guilt.

I hope you are having a good day -- gloomy here. *sigh*

MM

gg please dont go. i saw the thread and it was a classic case of people speaking out of turn. if the people who were so easily offended knew you at all they would know that you are direct and to the point and usually always right! the people who seemed to be offended have probably never read your diary and did not realise the insight and forethought you actually have. i know that you have been direct and honest with me on many occasions and I have been so lucky to have you around this last few months. your advice is spot on and objective and what you put in the main forum post just sounded correct and concerned. DO NOT leave the forum as I need you. selfish i know, but i do need you. Lots of others do too. personally i dont really post on the main forum much as i find it can get a bit touchy and cliquey sometimes too. just like it is here i suppose. I am upset by some of the posts especially seeing as pinkmantha seemed to understand where you were coming from and didnt want to upset you in any way. i hate people who take things out of context. take some time out, and please come back. i will be really upset if you dont come back as i come on here to catch up with my friends and have had some top advice from people on this forum, sometimes this advice has been harsh and direct but always honest and kind.

i'll be waiting for you.....

hi gg

i hope you're reading still and having a few days out. i will pm you after this.

hi GG. just came on to see if there was an update from you. hope you are doing ok, and enjoying your time away from the forum. come back soon!

Hey Gg just checking in on ya in case you're reading and not posting. Hope things are okay hun x

Morning Gg,

I hope you are doing well. Miss your posts, but no pressure.

The sun is out here -- yeah!!! I am taking DD to the National space Centre today. We did not go away on holiday this half-term... but now she can tell her school mates that she went to space. lol ;)

MM

Hi GG i thought you had been unusally quiet the past few days and havent commented on your diary before, HOWEVER i like reading your responses so thought i would track you down through your post statistics, THATS HOW VALUABLE YOU ARE TO THIS FORUM, and to everyone else you help every day, sending u hugs and home to read more from you in the next few days xx

Hi GG i thought you had been unusally quiet the past few days and havent commented on your diary before, HOWEVER i like reading your responses so thought i would track you down through your post statistics, THATS HOW VALUABLE YOU ARE TO THIS FORUM, and to everyone else you help every day, sending u hugs and home to read more from you in the next few days xx
And a very big HERE HERE from me too GG. I read your diary every day and think you are an amazing person. I do hope you feel you can come back when you have taken the time you need. You are very obviously liked, respected and missed here.

xxx

Hey there, Gorey girl

Hey there, Gorey girl
Typing up your thoughts so honestly
No one that we meet could stop us from missing you

Hey there, Gorey girl
Why do you let critics make you sigh?
Could it be you can't tell a lie
or is it hurting someone that you fear?
You're always helping others even when they don't try
So shed those self doubts and write -- just a little line.

Hey there, Gorey girl
There's another Gorey deep inside
Bring out all the love you hide and, oh, what a change there'd be
The world would see a new Gorey girl

[Instrumental Interlude]

Hey there, Gorey girl
Dreamin'; of the someone you could be
Life is a reality, you can't always run away
Don't be so scared of changing and rearranging yourself
It's time for jumping down from the shelf - a little bit

Hey there, Gorey girl
There's another Gorey deep inside
Bring out all the love you hide and, oh, what a change there'd be
The world would see a new Gorey girl

(Hey there, Gorey girl)
Wake up, Gorey girl
(Hey there, Gorey girl)
Come on, Gorey girl

[Fade]

(Hey there, Gorey girl)
Wake up, Gorey girl

(Original Words by Jim Dale and adapted slightly with apologies by MM)

MM

Hope ur ok hon.... like others have said u've been great with advice... i hope ur back soon xxxx

Back