Gg

Morning Gg,

How did the book group go?

MM

Hey MM

I am soooo glad I went :D They were so welcoming it was great :D

We chatted about the book for about an hour and then just chatted for a about an hour .. the age group is mixed .. i'm the youngest at 37 and the rest range from 40s to early 60 (a mad Italian lady!). Apparently there is one man who is the husband of another lady but they weren't there last night. So all in all there are about 10-12 of them with an average of about 8 turning up each month.

But we had a real laugh the last hour and it was lovely. Made me realise how much I have missed that sort of company and it's made me more determined to keep getting out there.

How's your day going?

oh how nice. I would love to join a book group but the one nearest to me has just had its funding cut and the library is closing down!

so happy to hear that you had a great time GG.

Cheers hon

The one I am going to is nothing to do with the library... it was set up by a woman about 18 months ago who wanted to get to know like minded people in the area so she put an add in the local paper and they meet in the local hotel which has a big bar/lounge area so a corner can easily be taken over.

Hi Gg,

I am glad you went. I miss my "old' book group (I was the last original member left here in the UK and it just wasn't the same). I would like to find another group -- maybe one with Brits rather than Americans.

What book were you discussing?

MM

hi GG, how you doing today?

Hi Gg,

Thanks I might have a look at that. We are reading Alice I Have Been atm.

MM

Hi all

I'm going to bow out of the forum. I wish you all well with your continuing journeys (and some of you I will "see offline" as usual).

Lots of love and best wishes as always.

Sorry to see you go Gg :( you've been a great help to me over the last few months! :D I wish you well, take care x

gg dont you dare leave, you have every right to be on the forum and to talk about what you wish

Why are you leaving chick? Have you come off CD? I'd love to see you hang around for your chat and support even if you're not on CD. Has something happened?

Xxx

Hi Gg.

What is wrong? Are you just needing a break? I hope you are okay. I have greatly appreciated your postings and helpful insights and reading suggestions. I hope that no one has written or said anything to offend you (esp. me).

MM

No not at all guys... I've just realised that it's very easy for things to be mis perceived on this forum and that's OK if the parties involved can sort it out between them... but it's a bit difficult when other people jump on the bandwagon ... i'm in tears here and I feel terrible that I have written something that seems to have offended so many people..... so I just think it's best for me to bow out.

Gg, what's going on???? Why are you leaving? You've been such an inspiration to me and have helped me and countless others so much. Please reconsider.
Sending hugs. x

theres also a whole heap of us who wernt offended in the slightest and are puzzled at those who were, you didnt say anything harsh, you were concerned and were trying to help
please dont let it run you off the forum

JUST READ YOUR LAST POST. Gg, PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ON ACCOUNT OF OTHER PEOPLE. YOU ARE LOVED AND RESPECTED ON THIS FORUM. I KNOW I DON'T SPEAK TO MYSELF! X

theres also a whole heap of us who wernt offended in the slightest and are puzzled at those who were, you didnt say anything harsh, you were concerned and were trying to help
please dont let it run you off the forum
I agree too, i read it and nothing harsh was said...!

maybe just not reply to that person thread anymore,!!

Claire, I haven't been on the forum since early morning. What's happened?

Tessieg1 said:
JUST READ YOUR LAST POST. Gg, PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ON ACCOUNT OF OTHER PEOPLE. YOU ARE LOVED AND RESPECTED ON THIS FORUM. I KNOW I DON'T SPEAK TO MYSELF! X

I totally agree Gg, you're a rock to so many people, including me!! I hope you decide to stay. I think the problem is with some people the truth hurts and they don't like to hear it but it helps in the long run!!

If the mods thought you were the cause of problems they'd sharp have you off here, it's happened before to people!

Back