GGMAC attempting Slimming Worlds EE

ggmac

Today I started SW from home as I'm waiting for a class to start near me on the 2nd August so I'm not sure about syns, hexa and hexb and would appreciate any help regarding these. I'm trying ee and I don't eat meat . Sooo here's my food for today....

Breakfast
2 egg omelette, onions, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes

Lunch
Linda McCartneys fat free prawns, express basmati rice, 1/2 yellow pepper, onions, mushrooms, little gem lettuce stir fried with fat free spray, 2 tbsp soy sauce and spices

Dinner
Large jacket potato, mushrooms, onions, fat free creme frais, brocolli, mixed veg.

I'm feeling a bit peckish and might have a fruit salad which will have apple, banana and fat free yoghurt. (are these unlimited?)

So how'd I do??????? I would appreciate any comments

Hi, go to the SW sticky post " Slimming World Advice for New comers (Including Extra Easy)" where a lovely lady has put in loads of information on the plan that will help you.
Linda McCarney's prawns are 1 syn per 60g serving.
Not sure about fat free creme frais (do you mean fromage frais-if so that's free)
If you don't eat meat or fish, you would probably be better on green as you can have 2 healthy A's and 2 healthy B's instead of one of each.
Good luck with your goals.
Tina

If you're veggie definitely give green a try :) Have a read through all the info on here and good luck! X

here to follow ..good lick on you journey x

Thanks for your comments, first weigh in this morning and I've lost 2 1/2 lbs. Bring on the 2nd week., onwards and upwards.

It's difficult getting time to post but i've a kids free day today and I'm going to spend some time posting my weekly food intake. As usual I would appreciate any comments. I'm not very good at using the syns, I thinks it's because I'm afraid that if I slip up that I'll not have something to fall back on and also because I'll be covered if I eat something that is higher in syns than I realised. I use milk in my coffee and I have 2-3 each day but I'm avoiding bread and cheese which when i look at other peoples diaries, i see that i should be having a piece everyday. But it's my first week and i'm still getting to terms with sw, I must be doing ok 'cause i had my first weight in today and i've lost 2 1/2 pounds. I made ss soup yesterday and i'm hoping this will help me further and I'm planning on getting scran bran today.

soooooo here it goes

Day 2
b -apple, mandarine, 1/2 banana, 1/2 grapefruit, ff natural yoghurt (and I use sweetner each time I have yoghurt)

l - 2 poached eggs, mushrooms, onions, cherry tomatoes

s - 2 ryvitta, quark, onion, tomato

d - quorn chicken, quorn bacon, quark, veg stock, pasta, onions, mushrooms, peas, green beans

s - apple, ff natural yoghurt

Day 3

b - 2 poached eggs, 2 quorn sausages, lettuce, onion, tomato

L - Quorn bb chicken fillets, baked potato, brocolli mixed veg

s - apple, banana, ff yoghurt

d - left over pasta, green beans, peas, large salad

s - 1 slice wholemeal bread, banana, 2 mandarin, coffee

Day 4

b - 2 ryvitta, 1 banana,

L - Large salad, smoked salmon, avocado ( I had lunch out and didn't realise that avocado was not a free, I won't be making this mistake again)

d - baked potato, haricot beans in chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and broccoli

Day 5

b - 2 ryvitta, banana

L - Large salad, prawns, parmesan shavings, steamed carrots and green beans

D - Homemade chilli -( mushrooms, onions, haricot beans, chopped tomatoes) and broccoli

s - apple, ff yoghurt

Day 6

b - 2 egg omelette with mushrooms, onions

L - Linda mcCartney prawns 1/2 pack (1 syn) and tbp olive oil (1 syn), salad leaves, tomato, onions, cucumber, beetroot

d - salmon, baked potato, onions, tomato, quark, fresh basil, mixed veg containing broccoli, cauliflower, carrots

s - apple, banana, 1/2 grapefruit, ff yoghurt....finger of fudge (6 syns)

Day 7

b - 2 ryvitta, banana

L - 2 bbq quorn chicken fillets, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, beetroot,

s - cup ss soup ( loved it )

D - 2 ginger, chilli and lime quorn chicken fillets , cabbage, leeks, mushrooms, onions, carrots, express wild rice (1 1/2 syns)

s - apple, 1/2 grapefruit, banana, ff natural yoghurt

Lots of comments about Scan Bran - some hates (too hard) and some like - I tasted it at class at must say I much prefer Ryvita.

Well done on the weight loss.:0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:

Last edited:
I going try it with ss soup (cause if it's as hard as you say, I'll dip it in the soup )I'll let you know what I think

I going try it with ss soup (cause if it's as hard as you say, I'll dip it in the soup )I'll let you know what I think

If you like soup I can recommend the cottage cheese scones to go with them.

250gm tub of cottage cheese with chives - fat free one
2 eggs
100gms instant potato powder
salt and pepper.

Whisk up the cottage cheese until it is quite smooth - add the beaten eggs and mix then add the instant potato and salt and pepper and mix again.

It will now be like dough so make it into scones - I usually get 7 out of it. Spray a tray with Frylite and cook for 20 mins (or until browned) at 180c -

I really thought they would be bland but they are great - I also add some HEX B cheese and this time added some cooked peppers.

They are free but I only eat them as part of a meal - they freeze briliantly, just micro for a few seconds if I forget to take them out.

These sound delicious, I'm definitely going to try them, where do you get all your wonderful ideas?

Hey GG well done on your loss that was fab.... will defo be trying those scones too Systema thanks for sharing ...good luck to you both for this week x

Thanks Jem, I'm delighted and I've been sneaking a peak on the scales and it's looking good for this week and my weight in isn't until Friday

Day 7 weight in - lost 2 1/2lbs

b - 2 ryvita, banana

L - 2 bbq quorn fillets, lettuce, tomato, gherkins, beetroot, cup of ss soup

d - Cabbage, leeks, mushrooms, onions, carrots, 2 ginger, lime and chilli quorn fillets, express wild rice (1 1/2 syns)

s - apple, 1/2 grapefruit, banana, fat free natural yoghurt

2 coffees with added milk

Day 8 My daughters 2nd birthday and I DIDN'T have any birthday cake 'very proud of myself'

b - 1/2 melon, 1/2 grapefruit, 1 wholemeal bread, poached egg

l - ss soup, 2 ryvita 25g low fat cheese

d - baked potato, left over cabbage and leeks, curry made with mushrooms, onions and chickpea and spices

s - 1/2 grapefruit, sml banana, 1/4 melon, fat free natural yoghurt

Day 9

1 wholemeal toast, onions, tomato, low fat cheese

L - 2 ryvita, homemade mackerel pate, grapes

d - baked potato, left over chickpea curry

s - little gem lettuce with mackerel pate

day 10

b - 2 poached eggs, 1 wholemeal bread, homemade salsa, grapes

L - 2 ginger, chilli and lime quorn fillets, baked potato, broccoli, cauliflower

s - apple, banana, 1/2 grapefruit, fat free natural yoghurt

d - 2 portobello mushrooms stuffed with onion, garlic, passata, low fat cheese, served with cous cous

s - 1 ryvita, homemade mackerel pate

Day 11

b - 2 ryvitta, banana

L - (went out for lunch) pan fried trout (syns for oil ), 3 baby boil potatoes, steamed cabbage, large plain salad

d - 2 left over portobello mushrooms, and cous cous, mixed veg

s - apple, banana, grapes, low fat creme frais, 4 tbsp sugar free jelly (1 syn maybe)

And thanks for your support:thankyou:

Thanks Jem, I'm enjoying my food but I am wondering if i am eating too much, time will tell ( or rather, weigh ins will tell )

Day 12

B - 2 ryvita, banana

L - Large ss soup and 2 scran bran (first time trying them, I broke them up and put them in the soup and they were good)

s - 1 scran bran with homemade mackerel pate

d - frittata (5 eggs, left over potato and broccoli, onion, grated low fat cheese), carrots and peas ........guess who'll be having frittata tomorrow

s - banana, apples, 1/2 grapefruit, fat free natural yoghurt

Day 13

b - 1 wholemeal, LF cheese grilled with tomatoes and onions
s - 1 ryvita, mackerel pate
L - left over frittata, homemade salsa, large salad
s - 1 scan bran with mackerel pate (just made up a new jar of pate and couldnt resist trying it)
d - quorn pieces in passata, onions, peppers, carrots, blue dragon dry noodles
s - apple, melon, ff natural yoghurt

How are you gettin on with the ScanBran - do you like it - how does it compare with Ryvita?

I really like it and probably because it's alot heavier and more filling than ryvita but I can see why it doesn't suit everyone. I'm good at eating things because they are good for me (I'm also good and eating things which are bad for me which is why I'm here in the first place lol)

Back