Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(38.56%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Gherkins are one of my FAVOURITE foods, but I have been reading that they are bad if you are trying to lose weight.
    Does anyone know why this is though? Is it just because of the salt because it's preserved? Or does it have some secret ingredient that is bad for me? Also, if it is the salt - do you think rinsing the salt off would make much of a difference?

Someone pleeeease give me some good news - I don't want to give them up, or even cut down on them lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. soozsb

soozsb Xmas goal, here I come!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.93%)
    Diet:
    Reductil/Meridia and Xenical
    From what I know about gherkins, its not the salt but the sugar content. They are quite high in carbohydrates and therefore high in cals. So if you are going to eat them it should be in very small quantities and keep track of the cals and carbs.

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You should come and do SW - gherkins are a free food so you can eat as many as you want :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.