GIANT STEPS

H Darcy. Im still here. I couldnt log in o
On my iphone so was blocked out!!!!!! IT WAS AWFUL! I couldnt navigate around and the site kept switching pages on me. Thank you for noticing my absence! Im still going ok. Had my aam on friday post big audit (i passed!) and im two further pound down since then! Thats three lbs down this week despite the various aam days or maybe because of them. Was 100%yesterday and will be today. I am 15st exactly on the scales so i really really want to get down to about 14st 10 next week to kill the 14s iykwim. I need to put a big dent in them to motivate myself. Im two stone down now since i began and that feels sooo good. I want another two gone now!!

Very hard to post off phone. Its taken me ages to qrite this. Something not right with site still. Ill get on my proper co
Puter later and post more.

Niennor. I am laughing already!

Valentine. It still hasnt rained. Im being good. Are you?!

Belle

Nice to hear from you Belle, and glad all is well :)

I can only use my iPad on the site. Main computer - and work one - will not play ball at all :(

Hoping it will all settle down eventually.

I lost 3 lbs this week, so pleased with that. :)

Ah Belle your back!
annoying re the app going haywire, It did that to me not so long ago but touch wood all okay now!
Glad your loosing well! sounds like you have been really good even with a fair amount of stress!
Wish I had your will power of steal!
;)

Gald to hear you are doign well Belle....well done on the audit and those pouns dropping off xxx

Good Morning. Its Monday morning and I am smiling. Yes. A big grin. I am 14st 13lbs this morning!!!!!!!!!. Unbelievable. Astonishing. I had no expectation of hitting the 14s til next week. So YIPPEEEEEE! (fat lady does irish jig down the street, singing loudly, out of tune. Passersby clap and cheer. Small children wave flags witht the number 14 on....)

AND I have an easy day at work ahead - everything had to be up to date for last Friday so little to do!!
AND my laptop is working on MINIMINS again

So despite the cooler weather (and snow/sleet forcast -can you believe THAT) I am all sunny inside...

Had very very tough week last week. I was stressed to breaking point. I HATE AUDITS. I got through the week only because of my promise to Valentine to stay 100% TS til it rained. And then I had my aam on Friday. I must have knocked myself out of ketosis - I got super hungry -ravenous. I didnt get outside to exercise at all and that made it difficult to stick to the plan. And I just wanted that one little slice of meat and that one little bit of sausage. Something so small seemed so innocent. My inner demon said "It would hardly matter would it? Its sooo small. Eat it. You can be 100%TS again tomorrow, can't you?". But I had made a promise to stick 100TS and so I did. And I learned something important.

I learned the second secret of the diet. Overcome temptations once and all following temptations lose their power. THe temptations get weaker the more you resist them. The FIRST temptation is the worst. Overcome it and then when the evil tempts rise again you know that their power is fleeting and that the feeling of success you get when you beat them is uplifting. And that feeling of success is sooo motivating. Today I am the weight I was when I started LT four years ago, but you may have noticed I feel like a WINNER. Cos I resisted and succeeded in getting back into ketosis. Ok so I may cry again. This really matters to me.

I didnt really want to post over the weekend cos I felt so bad. It would have been a real downer. It suited that I couldnt log on properly. But today I feel like I am committed to this diet than I was on day 1! Unexpected and exciting.

As you know I couldnt do this without minimins and the friends I've made here and the support given. A big big thanks.

Belle

Wow Belle! That's fantastic :D
And I'm so inspired by what you said about the small victories. It does seem that the tiny morsels would be harmless but as you've shown resisting them has paid off big time for you! I am now determined that the tiny slices of ham etc are no way going in my mouth. Thank you for that ;)

Belle,

Thats amazing I am soooooo pleased for you to be in the 14's!!!! I'm also pleased that your audit is done and dusted and you have now got a nice week ahead - must be quite a relief to say the least!!

about resisting temptation - You dont even realise how much your post just helped me, I am out of ketosis and ravenous, water and coffee not hitting the spot and an apple sat on my colleagues desk (who is away from office) is staring at me saying "I'm only an apple, fruit is good, eat me up, you know you want to" and am now determinedly not looking at it and sticking to 100% TS until Easter sunday (mini goal as I have been totally eating to much and too often in the last week) all because your post has given me the little bit of inspiration I needed - So thanks a million :D

Big hugs back your way! Heres to a good and 100% TS week for us both - Your well on your way to wining the comp at the gym :D

Thanks Niennor. What nice things to say. I really am MOTIVATED today. Its amazing what "winning" against temptation has done for me. Lesson learned. Today I feel like I COULD commit to a 100 day challenge like Darcy and others have. But lets be realistic- that would scare me really!!!! Day by day by day by day......

I am happy that I have committed to not eat anything til next Sunday. At this stage I CAN do that. I think that is a big achievement for me and is good enough for now. I figure I've got 120 days left on this diet from today.... I am going to do them all in a row and not keep breaking it cos I never want to go through the on off on ketosis challenge again. Dont know how you can do that Niennor week after week. But I am not going to commit to it cos that makes it stressful and that is always a comfort eat trigger for me.....

Belle

Thanks Darcy. Pretty happy with myself right now too!!!

Day: Gods Knows What. Another Lesson: Time does not exist on this diet. There is only TODAY. If I look back I simply cannot believe that I am over 40 days on this - 44 to be exact. That seems like a very long time when written down but in reality it flew by - it felt like a fortnight. (I'm getting old, oh dear).

When I look forward I have 120 days or thereabouts to do yet. Again that sounds scary on paper. But if I just deal with today the days just pass. So Lesson learned: dont focus on the amount of weight you have to lose or the length of time it will take - just focus on getting though the diet today 100%TS - if you can do that today you can worry about tomorrows problems when they come.... and yesterday doesnt matter any more.

RE: SAGGING SKIN: Ok so maybe I am vain but I really dont want a big saggy stomach when all this is over and I dont want wings swinging from my upper arms. So I am following in Aligals's footsteps and organising some endermologie treatments for myself to tighten my skin. I am not so sure about the ultrasound treatments yet - but I am definitely gonna have the endermologie(lipomassage) to see if I can get myself back in some decent shape. I lost four stone on LT about four years ago but put it all back on. Then my skin was in good shape. This time it looks a lot more tired around my abdomen. I have had another baby by c section so I suppose that doesnt help but I think the biggest contributing factor was the weight loss weight gain and now weight loss - my skin can only take so much. We shall see how that goes.

Motivating factor today: I am still riding high on recent successes. On 19th April the gym starts the biggest loser challenge and I am a participant. I want to get some muscle back so my losses might drop but thats ok. I'd like to do the eight week challenge and be about 12 stone at the end. It will then be just a hop and a skip to 10st 10lbs!!!

Belle

Oh yes and I forgot to mention : I was two more pounds down on the scales this morning!!! It is just melting...

Belle

Sorry for longish posts on your diaries ladies. I cant sleep these days. Just found out i have a channel called sky drama and romance so you may not hear from me for a while

Belle

Wow Belle.....you are doing so amazingly well and it is very inspiring to read your motivating posts. Well done you xx

I totally agree with your philosophy of one day at a time, if I tried to think ahead of how long I will be on diet and then phasing off after that etc etc I would go mad! Your right to just take it on day at a time, its what I have started to feel like and its completely helping me stay on track at 100%.

Let me know how your lipo massage goes, I wouldn't mind getting some of that on my arms, as there is no denying it I have loose skin, I can pull it away from my body - I suppose this is what I get for yoyoin my weight over the last 3 years (15st to 11.7st to 13.4st to today) and my arms have always been a problem area. luckily my belly isn't too bad (probably my lack of children :p ) although my belly button is still sad looking ;) I think I can cope with that as normalt I wont be getting it out, arms however I would love to where sleeveless tops or no cardi with dresses etc especially with the summer coming up.

Finally YAY re the extra 2lbs off! thats Fabbo news!!!!I have images of you melting on the scales now though, a bit like a snow man so probably not the look you were going for but still s'all good :p

I'm jealous re the Sky Drama and Romance channels, I am obsessed with Madmen but simply cannot convince the OH to upgrade our Sky so we get Sky Atlantic. I can but dream....

Hi Belle, Have finally found your diary! It is really reassuring to see that so many others have the same feelings and experiences on this rollercoaster ride! Well done for staying so strong and getting back into ketosis. I am addicted to daily weighing like you! I am finding it an inspiration at the moment rather than a hindrance. I am lucky that my husband works abroad during the week so I make sure I am in bed with netflix on the laptop by 9.30pm and far away from the fridge!

Keep going!!

There was actual SNOW here this morning. Unbelieveable. Had to clear the windscreen of like two inches of snow and it was on the roof and the trees etc. So Niennor your snowman analogy might work cept I aint melting cos I am SOOOOOOOOO cold. Ruddy artic winds. (was another pound down on scales this morning though - sooooo amazing. And all my clothes are suddenly falling off me. I am officially a size 18. Hurray. Watch out shops - here I come (well on Saturday, when I might have some money in my pocket!!)

Ladygaga. Thanks for lovely message. I am on page 10 of your epic diary. I think I am at May 2011 at the mo. What scares me is the number of people who posted on your diary last year and then gave up - they just disappeared off the forum, diet tickers left like ghosts saying they were twenty pounds or thirty pounds down. They all seemed so motivated too. And then, whoosh, they were gone. I wish there was a place they could come on to say "look I cocked up and I am not coming back - this is why" or something like that. Your diary is so amazing. Its epic all right.

Belle

Woohooo well done on getting to an 18 :) Have fun shopping! :D Ohhh we had no snow, been bloody cold enough for it though! lol! :) x

Hi angel-missy. I replied to your post the other day but it went missing i think. I've found your diary though. I vont to be skinny like you!!

Belle

Wow well done! I've just seen the 14's in the last few days.... The goals are getting closer xxxx

Back