Gift ideas for a newborn baby boy..

big bear

A bear on a mission!
My friend has just had her 2nd baby she's got a boy already. As she already has a boy she has all the clothes/cot sheets etc..

When i had my little girl she got me some lovely clothes from H&M but I had no girls clothes as my first was a boy.

I'm a bit stuck as to what to get her for the baby, any ideas please?

She said she has loads of clothes & there is no point getting more as I know how quick they grow out of them & they don't even get worn.

I'm looking for inspiration - HELP X

when i had my babies my friend made me a hamper with things i needed like nappies, bibs, jars of food, rusks, liga's breast pads,sanitary towels,soothers photo albums and just lots of bits and pieces,,was brilliant:)

I bought my friend's little boy a piggy bank, and she really loved it, as she said nobody had bought her anything she could keep (apparently she'd been swamped with pairs of jeans for the baby!).

I also got a little fabric book for him, probably a bit young, but he seemed happy turning the pages and staring at the shapes (he's 3 months now).

I thought he'd already have been given lots of traditional gifts for newborns by family members, but I don't think they're as popular these days as my friend said she'd had none of those.

Another great idea is a baby memory book. My MIL was given one for my DH when he was born. He was born 2 months premature and had a 50/50 survival rate. His book contains pictures of him in the incubator at just under 2lb, his first lock of hair, his first word, his family etc..

Its falling apart, and tatty but my DH treasures it 34 years later.

Thanks guys that's a great idea re: piggy bank. Can I ask where you got it from?

I got it from a card & gift shop - Took me ages to find one, although I think I did see one in M&S or Next after i'd got mine.

What about a personalised cutlery set?

I know he's obviously too young at the moment but it's something to keep that will last for a good few years?

I got a lovely nappy cake when I had my son, and i loved it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a lovely nappy cake when I had my son, and i loved it!xx

Oh I love them, what a great idea & something different as well.

I've emailed your friend

BBxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my brother and sister in law a baby timecapsule, it was a peter rabit one and in it was a mini photo album records books feet and handprint thingy and a few other things. Also a blue multi photo frame with baby in big letters on it(sorry hard to discribe)Also got a pamper set for sil and the haynes baby manual for my borther(we got one when we had our son and its fab)

I got my brother and sister in law a baby timecapsule, it was a peter rabit one and in it was a mini photo album records books feet and handprint thingy and a few other things. Also a blue multi photo frame with baby in big letters on it(sorry hard to discribe)Also got a pamper set for sil and the haynes baby manual for my borther(we got one when we had our son and its fab)

I like this idea too, where did you get it from?

Back