gift or sell

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by tinkerbellsmum, 13 April 2010 Social URL.

1. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    I have a pushchair that swings both ways lovely but only cost me 25 pounds so I got a bargin and its served its perpurse. I now have a new pram and have to get rid of that one do I put it on ebay or do I gift it to charity shop or freecyle or to hospital cause I remeber theres where in bad condition.

if I put it on ebay I will be annoyed if it goes for next to nothing and I could of made a different to someones life by gifting esp cause on ebay it could go to someone who is gonna sell it on. but at the same time we go away in june and need all the spending money we can get.

what would you do?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Our local paper has a section for free-ads (for things that people are asking less than £50 for. Maybe there's something similar in your area? Or put a card and pic up on your local supermarkets notice board.

There's no reason that you shouldn't get something back for it. You still have to pay out for new things for your little one after all. If you get a little bit back towards your hols and the buyer gets a bargain then everyone benefits.

4. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    ^ thats a good idea.. if you could afford to, then gift it.. thats a lovley thing to do! but no-ones judging you if you sell it on! i would be.. a pushchairs a pushchair after all! bung it in your local paper x

5. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

sell it on eBay with a reserve price? xxx

6. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    I think I'm tempted to put it on ebay with a reserve if it doesn't go at the reserve I will gift it.
    I like to make a differnce to someones life but I suppose I have to consider we have things to pay for but if i'm only gonna make alittle from it someone would get more from having it than me selling it. if you know what I mean
    thank you for your replies

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.