Gill's WW diary- Lets chit chat!

I used to love the WW bars when I went to meetings a couple of years ago.Well done on resisting the ice cream,that's nice your kids have had extra company.I love turkey mince as well.Couscous is low pointed.You could cube up some potatoes.

My discovery based on peoples posts on the board- grate up cauliflower so it's quite fine and microwave it on its own for a couple of minutes so that it's like rice. Could either just have the sauce with that (I do sometimes) or use it to bulk out a small portion of real rice/small pasta shapes. Everything just ends up just tasting the same anyway if you've got a strongish flavour in the sauce.

Alternatively if you have an Asian supermarket in your town you might find those 0 point noodles- they're called konnyaku or shirataki noodles normally. Not the nicest to eat but perfectly edible and no points!

Or if you want something more normal... have it on a couple of pieces of toast maybe?

Aw crap. 3lb on. NEVER had a gain like that, well, not for months. All I can think of is TOTM, it made 1.5lb difference last month. I've not had periods for ages as I've been on the implant but it's due to be removed next month and I'm starting to get periods again. Irony is I'd said to my mum today that now the hot sticky weather is over I don't feel nearly so bloated and my jeans are feeling loose again!

Ah well. A difficult couple of weeks coming up. Struggling to get to the gym due to various appts, plus my folks are going away next week so no childcare. I'll have to dig out my kettlebells and DVDs I reckon, get moving at home. Even if I am interupted every 5 seconds with mum I want mum can I have mum he's done this mum he's done that, etc etc....

But I'm determined to do my very best and I'd love love love to get to my first stone by the time the kids go back. I dunno if I can do it but I'll try. I'll really try.

Got my tracker out on the worktop ready to start filling in a new week tomorrow.

I'd say totm aswell as I often Sts or gain with it,am sure things will right themselves.Thats good you will get out your kettle bell and DVD,stay motivated and the weight will come off :0)

hi there just noticed your diary and have enjoyed reading through it WOW you do burlesque that is brillant , i would love to do that . well done on your weigh loss so far , also can i just say that u can get skinny cow ice cream in tesco which is 3pp and is yummy (mint choc chip/all chocolate) xx

Hi all,

Not been around to update my diary as it's just been so hectic with the kids being off. Weightloss is now 9.5lb, put on 3 then lost 1.5 last week. I'm not able to get to a meeting for the next 2 weeks as I've no childcare, although I might be able to dash in and out to 1 next week. But anyway after a weekend away, the kids are back at school and playgroup and my new start commences tomorrow!

No booze, no processed stuff, am aiming to do F&H as much as poss. Gym 4 times a week. On playgroup days I will leave the car at playgroup, walk to the gym, walk home, walk to playgroup pick up DS2 and drive home. It's up and down a steep hill so a good additional workout! I'll also be walking for the afternoon school run as much as poss, i got too lazy last term and kept driving round.

Just took my online shopping delivery and it looked like an episode of You Are What You Eat when Gillian says 'welcome to your new life!':p Also been to Costco and stocked up on chicken and bottled water.

I'm really up for this!

Welcome back :0) that last bit of a gain will soon be off! You sound so organised with the shopping and plans for the gym and walking,well done,love the determination!

Thanks, BDD, it's great to have your support!

Am having a bit of a last hurrah with a bottle of fizz and a takeaway, then that is IT!

Good luck - you seem motivated :)

Thanks guys,

Great day today! Dropped DS1 off at school, drove to playgroup. Dropped DS2 off at playgroup, left the car there and walked to the gym. Did my cardio, walked home, shower, pottered about then walked to playgroup to pick up car and DS2. It's quite a bit of walking and the walk up to playgoup is up a very long steep hill, so I've worked hard today! I've barely sat down, had lunch and then because we've been away for the weekend and DS2 has gone into a new size of clothes I've had a good 1.5 hours on my feet ironing as well!

I'll be doing the same again tomorrow, plus burlesque on top of that in the evening. Feels good to be pushing myself. Food has been great too, I know I need to eat well and avoid the junk if I'm to have the energy to exercise. Woohoo!

Hi all,

Well it's all going well here. No idea if/how much weight I've lost as I can't get to a meeting till next week but honestly I've not felt soooo positive in a long time. I work for DHs business so can plan what i do around me and the kids. Soooo now DS2s funded sessions have started this term, I can indulge myself and go to the gym every day! may not sound like a treat for some but OMG I am totally buzzing! 3 sessions of cardio and 2 resistance, love it! After 6 weeks of making it 1-2 times a week I feel like I've hit the jackpot!

Food is going well too. I'm on such a high with the exercise opportunity that my appetite has dropped, lol. We're on an economy drive but Aldi has such brilliant fresh fruit and veg deals at the moment it's not been a problem at all. I was online shopping at Sainsburys but now I've got more time which means I can save us money.

So thats me! off for an early night xx

Well DS2 has been a bit poorly, ran a temperature yesterday and not quite right this morning so I kept him off playgroup and couldn't make the gym. Mind you after my new weights session yesterday I'm a bit sore, my arms were really worked. Can't wait to get back there tomorrow tho, lol.

Hi guys,

Back to weigh in tomorrow night, should be interesting. Not sure if I've lost much, if anything, but my jeans are hanging off me so my body shape has defo changed. Lost the plot a bit over the weekend but back on it today. Just prepped tonights tea of beef casserole with loads of steamed veg. I've done cardio at the gym today and I'm shattered! Didn't help that DS2 was up at 3am telling me he didn't like his bedroom wall and wouldn't go back to sleep in there! No idea what that was all about, but I really hope he's forgotten about it by bedtime tonight!

So, tomorrow is weights session and we shall see what weigh in brings....

Sorry to hear that about your son,I hope he sleeps well tonight.
That's good news about your jeans,good luck for wi tomorrow and yum to the beef casserole :0)

1.5 on.

So I've been honest and updated my ticker for a start. Today I couldn't make the gym as playgroup was cancelled for unforseen circumstances. Tomorrow I start again. I have meal planned- properly this time, it's on the fridge for all to see. So I'm not guessing from day to day.

So here we go. Fingers crossed playgroup is back on tomorrow, I would have thought if they'd not sorted the problem we would have heard by now, so I'll be at the gym.

Back