Gill's WW diary- Lets chit chat!

Hi all,

So, not too bad a week, although the weekend was challenging. It was my eldest birthday party, so I did succumb to cake. I'd not managed to get any lunch due to the timing of the party, it was chips chips and more chips at the venue, which I didn't want at all, so by the time I got home I was ravenous, t was too soon to dinner to have a lunch so I had a slice of cake and a cuppa. It wasn't the best of choices but hey ho. And it was my parents Ruby wedding celebrations, so we had a big family meal out yesterday, which was lovely but I'm not sure sticky toffee pudding and custard will be doing me any favours this week!

The good part is I had my programme reviewed at the gym this week. Am pushing myself a lot more again and I really enjoyed it this morning. Just hope I don't ache too much tomorrow, I want to go again!

So it's been a while, hi!

Since I last posted we've been on holidays. 2 weeks, all inclusive and I only put on 2lb!! I did try to go for the healthy options- grilled meats and fish, loads of salad, didn't go too ad. But there is no healthy version of a glass of wine or a cheeky beer, is there, lol.

WI on Tues and I've lost 1, so really pleased. I've not had chance to get back to the gym yet, so I'm concentrating on good food choices, loads of green tea and water to stay on track. I've decided to set myself a mini goal of 7lb off by the time the kids go back in Sept. Ive lost 1, so 6lb to go and they go back 5 weeks today. I think it's doable. And if I achieve that I'll be back at 14st 11lb . My lowest weight so far has been 14st 10lb so I'll be well back on track.

Cant quite believe it's going to get to 28 degrees here today, certainly doesn't feel like it at the moment, plus its cloudy.

Hi,

Not doing too bad this week so far. I tried the WW sweet and sticky chicken marinade that's just gone on sale in meetings last night- verrrry nice! The packet says it serves 2 but I did 3 chicken breasts in the marinade no problem.

Going back to the gym on Monday, I had a chat with my mum and she's OK to look after the boys for me while I go. I can't wait, it's been ages since I last went.

Hi! Hope you don't mind me popping in your thread. You did very well only putting 2lbs on over your holiday- I would have gone mad at all inclusive and eaten everything! Sounds like you made some great choices.

I love the gym you feel brilliant coming out of it and it makes you feel like you have loads of energy

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for posting guys!

Oooh, I am just so excited to get back to the gym tomorrow! Can't wait to sweat and work hard! I need to work off some stress too. It's been raining here today and the boys have driven me crazy and trashed my house-argh!

Sweat like a pig to look like a fox that's my motto lol
Would you do classes or the gym floor?

Ha ha everton, I like it!

I don't do classes, just hit the cardio and do free weights. I LOVE weight training, it's changed my body shape far more than cardio- no bingo wings here this summer!

Oh, and on a tip off on the exercise forum on here, I ordered the Insanity dvd set for £29.99 on Mighty Deals. Bit scared tho, my friend has it and she says its brutal- well, if it gets results it's not going to be easy I guess. It was too much of a bargain to pass up, usually retails at £100.

I do an insanity class in the gym! It's hell but you feel great after doing it and ya defo get results

Well the insanity dvd offer turned out to be a scam, but I'm getting a refund, thankfully.

WI yesterday and half on, but I've not been watching what I eat very well. Drawn a line under it and today is the start of a brand new week. Been to the gym this morning, I'm still finding it tough after a few weeks off, but I know that I'll soon be back up to speed with it. My mum looked after the boys for me while I went, came back to find she'd done all my ironing for me, bless her!!!

Food today:
B: 2 poached eggs and 2 turkey rashers
Snack: fruit and nut bar
L: either prawn salad or turkey salad, packet of French fries, ww bar
Snack: 0% greek yogurt and fruit
D: Tuna steak, bulgar wheat and salad.

Here to subscribe, Great you are getting a refund for that dvd anyway. Not too bad only put on a half pound you will have that off and more next week good luck with your journey

Hi all,

First of all- ow, ow OW!!!! Trained legs yesterday, squats and lunges. And today my hamstrings and bum are killing me! Still, at least I know I've done something.

Not much planned for today, my brother and his wife have gone away for the night for their anniversary so I'm helping my mum keep their kids amused, along with my 2. Trouble is I've been nibbling their food, not good. A few crisps here and there, grated cheese from their sandwiches, etc. Need to rein it in

Hey
Don't worry bout WI. It'll be off in no time.
Bless your mam for doing your ironing. Incentive to go to gym? ;)

*sigh* not having a good WW week.

having a great time in general, my brother and his family are down for a few days so we've had days out, picnics etc. And tracking has gone out the window!

Hi, so 1lb on this week, not bad considering how bad I've been.

I have to say, life in general is a bit hectic at the mo. A friend of DS1 has a new baby brother who sadly is very seriously ill and in hospital. So I've got his friend staying with us for a while. he's going back to the hospital tomorrow and may stay in the family room again for a bit but I think he'll be back down here also as he's not really had much of a summer holiday, unless you count staying in the hospital with his family, lol. So life is a bit cramped and crazy, but DS1 is loving having his mate staying over. And I think his friend is enjoying a bit of normality, playing out with friends, etc.

So I'm trying to stay on track as best as I can.

Very sad news. Yesterday my friends baby passed away. Poor little mite, he was so ill, there was nothing more they could do for him.

Its making me think about this weightloss journey. Baby R was so poorly, the illness took over his little body till he couldn't fight anymore. And yet here I am with a healthy body and I'm not making the absolute most of it. Instead I'm putting it under pressure every day I'm overweight. I owe it to myself and my family to be the best, healthiest person I can be. Sorry if this all sounds like a mish mash of rambling thoughts....

Aw I'm so Sorry to hear your Sad news. Times like this make us all reflective. That's OK but everyone's issues are all relative to your own life. Don't feel bad.
But at tHe same time, if this makes u give yourseLf the kIck start u may need then grab it!
Good luck hon. :D

Aaand I'm back.

Really struggled with exercise as the kids are off. Its the memorial service for my friends little boy later this week too. And I've not been able to weigh in for 2 weeks as my parents are on holiday, no childcare and they kick off if I have to drag them away from playing with their mates. Can't blame them, this is the best summer holiday weather wise we've had in a long time!

But. I've meal planned, even down to snacks and I've shook things up a bit foodwise, got myself out of a rut. Kids are back at school this week. DS2 is only there for a couple of hours the first week, but in that time I'll either get to the gym and do what I can, or maybe see if my friend is walking her dog (her child is in the same class) and take a walk with her.

So, that's it really, things are starting to turn a corner...

Erm, hello....!

Not been here for a long time, I kind of lost the plot for a while. And now I'm over a stone heavier than I was this time last year, boo.

I'm trying to make a fresh start with this simple start but I'm struggling a bit, food is ok, but I'm not feeling very motivated to be honest, not sure why coz I really want to shift this weight. If I get back on here and read some diaries hopefully I'll get some of my mojo back, will take a bit of time at lunchtime to do that.

Sorry this is a bit of a ramble, I might post something a bit more coherent later, lol

Back