Ginger and Garlic

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by shebedee, 6 November 2011 Social URL.

1. shebedee

shebedee Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    SW Extra Easy
    I found bigs bags of ginger and garlic (great small chunk size and NO added extras)in the Asian frozen food section in my local Sainsburys. They cost less than a pound each, last ages and are ideal for popping in to stir fries, soups, sauces etc when you are preparing food in a hurry.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. woodmouse

woodmouse Gold Member

Diet:
    various then S&S/Paleo now 5:2 with 16.8
    Thanks for that. You might want to post the info on the 'where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful' thread!

4. shebedee

shebedee Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    SW Extra Easy

Thanks for the tip. I'm posting a lot more now and find the tips on here so useful. Still not up to speed though. Should I just copy and paste it to a different location?

5. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You know I've been thinking, if you bought a load of garlic/ Ginger/chillies you could make and freeze your own using a mini chopper and a silicon ice cube tray, with perhaps a little water added.

Chopped fresh herbs can be frozen the same way.

6. Jodieboo

Jodieboo Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Calorie Counting
    They sell these in asda too.. they're brilliant! I use the garlic all the time. I bought two packets of the garlic about 5 months ago and I still have one pack left! I love my food garlicy so I use a whole cube for myself but my partner doesn't so I only use half a cube for him. They last ages, well worth the money!

7. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  8. pizzle84

pizzle84 I will do this!!!

Diet:
    SW
    iv seen these in asda and thought about getting them but didn't think they'd be that great compared to fresh. Might get some next time im there as the tubes of fresh are pretty pricey!!!

9. Sinead6uk

Sinead6uk Bread is my enemy!

Start Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks for the tip! these would be so handy for me as fresh stuff always either goes off or I forget to get it in with my main shop and have to go back out again when deciding on making a curry! excellent! :eating:

10. AnnaFaraday

AnnaFaraday ..

Waitrose does an excellent mix of finely chopped ginger, garlic, lemongrass and chilli, frozen in a sachet. You just spoon out as much or as little as you like. Lasts for ages and great if you are only cooking for one or two people.

11. woodmouse

woodmouse Gold Member

Diet:
    various then S&S/Paleo now 5:2 with 16.8
    You're talking to someone else who's not up to speed (with anything techie)!! I should think the copy and paste thing would work when you've located that thread - but if not, hope someone else reading this will be able to help :)

12. moonwatcher

moonwatcher Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.4lb(7.51%)
    Diet:
    re-re-re-re-re-re-start 25th February 2015 on SW
    I freeze whole chillis (don't see any reason why you couldn't chop them first though). Take them out for a few minutes and they are ready to chop and use.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.