Ginger and Garlic

shebedee

I found bigs bags of ginger and garlic (great small chunk size and NO added extras)in the Asian frozen food section in my local Sainsburys. They cost less than a pound each, last ages and are ideal for popping in to stir fries, soups, sauces etc when you are preparing food in a hurry.

Thanks for that. You might want to post the info on the 'where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful' thread!

Thanks for that. You might want to post the info on the 'where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful' thread!

Thanks for the tip. I'm posting a lot more now and find the tips on here so useful. Still not up to speed though. Should I just copy and paste it to a different location?

You know I've been thinking, if you bought a load of garlic/ Ginger/chillies you could make and freeze your own using a mini chopper and a silicon ice cube tray, with perhaps a little water added.

Chopped fresh herbs can be frozen the same way.

iv seen these in asda and thought about getting them but didn't think they'd be that great compared to fresh. Might get some next time im there as the tubes of fresh are pretty pricey!!!

thanks for the tip! these would be so handy for me as fresh stuff always either goes off or I forget to get it in with my main shop and have to go back out again when deciding on making a curry! excellent! :eating:

Waitrose does an excellent mix of finely chopped ginger, garlic, lemongrass and chilli, frozen in a sachet. You just spoon out as much or as little as you like. Lasts for ages and great if you are only cooking for one or two people.

Thanks for the tip. I'm posting a lot more now and find the tips on here so useful. Still not up to speed though. Should I just copy and paste it to a different location?

You're talking to someone else who's not up to speed (with anything techie)!! I should think the copy and paste thing would work when you've located that thread - but if not, hope someone else reading this will be able to help :)

You know I've been thinking, if you bought a load of garlic/ Ginger/chillies you could make and freeze your own using a mini chopper and a silicon ice cube tray, with perhaps a little water added.

Chopped fresh herbs can be frozen the same way.

I freeze whole chillis (don't see any reason why you couldn't chop them first though). Take them out for a few minutes and they are ready to chop and use.

Back